What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

glad you have power back @PenguinMum . Not a good time of year for dealing with that!

B: None. straight out first thing to Do Battle with the IT Dept over last week’s tech issues. Have a horrible suspicion that my reputation preceded me because they were extremely helpful and the problem got sorted with almost miraculous ease. Such a contrast to last week’s obstructive disinterest.
Of course, I am both delighted and grateful, but a tad uneasy that last week’s conversations may have led to red carpet treatment. Oh well.
L: ham and cheese rollups
D: the Divine Dragonbreath

had my first physiotherapy appt for my arthritic R knee. When did they start letting 14 year olds qualify?
But that just shows my age, I suppose.
Not sure I agree with her diagnosis ‘its just the arthritis, the best we can do is strengthen the muscles around the knee’
I’m tending more to think pes anterinus (pain location and symptoms are classic) which would make it tendons/ligament/bursitis rather than arthritis. However, the prescribed exercises are easy, non-weight bearing, and I will cheerfully do what she wants, which is strengthen the muscles. Don’t think they will aggravate the pes anturinus (if that is what it is!) So I will see what happens. It is never a bad thing to strengthen the leg muscles. :D
http://www.harboursidephysiotherapy...erine-Bursitis-of-the-Knee/a~346/article.html

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Three egg cheese and mushroom omelette, fat smokey bacon, tomatoes, spudlite.
Lunch: Yabbies from the dam cooked on the barbeque.
Dwe01us.gif

Dinner: Curried mutton, veggies.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

D

Deleted member 308541

then an appointment to sort out NBN internet, any Aussies will know what I am talking about.
I had that experience with the NBN three years ago when we were connected to it in Bundaberg's FTTN service

Had to get in contact with Optus last month for get a new modem / router s the old one was dropping out all of the tome. Dreaded making a phone call to their Bangla Dash / Indian / Filopina support, so give the chat thingy a go, problem solved in minutes with the chat guy and received a new one two days later by Star Track couriers.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Greek yoghurt, coconut chia pudding and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: black coffee with cream and a raspberry phd bar.
Dinner: chicken supreme and roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had that experience with the NBN three years ago when we were connected to it in Bundaberg's FTTN service

Had to get in contact with Optus last month for get a new modem / router s the old one was dropping out all of the tome. Dreaded making a phone call to their Bangla Dash / Indian / Filopina support, so give the chat thingy a go, problem solved in minutes with the chat guy and received a new one two days later by Star Track couriers.

I have been with telstra broadband for 6 years, since moving out of home. But I am in a unit underneath a main residence that already has a NBN hookup. There is a lovely person at the telstra store in town that helped me register my address as a separate residence in the NBN system last year, she was super helpful and amazing. So I have an in person appointment with her today to arrange the NBN switch over and choose my new telstra NBN plan. Received a new telstra modem earlier last year after a long ADSL dropout that is both NBN and ADSL capable, so I wont need a new modem. Seeing as internet is like my third largest bill fortnightly, I plan to stick with telstra, they have been excellent.

Reactions: Winnie-the-Pooh

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
FE2A8BBF-2C4E-4E37-866B-D8BDEE600690.jpeg

Quick record of today’s food to get started again- somehow a week seems to have gone by without recording. Hope everyone is well I will make time to catch up reading as soon as I can!
Breakfast two boiled eggs and half a buttered chaffle
Lunch hm soup with two lc cheese scones followed by two squares of Lidl 95% chocolate (sourced when in Barnsley last week - every time I check at our nearby Lidl it’s never available so bought a stash! ) Good price and lowish carb - see pic. Love Montezumas and hotel chocolat too but they are a lot pricier!
Dinner chicken and mushroom frittata with hm avocado salad and hm coleslaw made hm avocado oil mayonnaise for the coleslaw. Pudding SFjelly and yoghurt.

D

Deleted member 308541

Seeing as internet is like my third largest bill fortnightly, I plan to stick with telstra, they have been excellent.
We have been with Optus nearly fifteen years now, it's a great broadband service except for their foreign support.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: homemade granola, one slice burgen with butter
Lunch: olives, tomatoes, one small veg samosa, three stout marinated chicken thighs from morrisons. A few cherries, double cream and homemade chocolate granola.
Tea: frittata, two rolls of sopocka ham, peanut butter mug cake (very pleased with this first effort)!
Snacks; godiva 90% chocolate, nature valley protein bar

Nothing since 6.30pm as the lovely fasting blood test awaits me tomorrow, followed by the results and check up two weeks later. :):):)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: homemade granola, one slice burgen with butter
Lunch: olives, tomatoes, one small veg samosa, three stout marinated chicken thighs from morrisons. A few cherries, double cream and homemade chocolate granola.
Tea: frittata, two rolls of sopocka ham, peanut butter mug cake (very pleased with this first effort)!
Snacks; godiva 90% chocolate, nature valley protein bar

Nothing since 6.30pm as the lovely fasting blood test awaits me tomorrow, followed by the results and check up two weeks later. :):):)
Hug and good luck for the blood tests - always unsettling but sure you’ll be fine just a long two week wait!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
had my first physiotherapy appt for my arthritic R knee. When did they start letting 14 year olds qualify?
But that just shows my age, I suppose.
Not sure I agree with her diagnosis ‘its just the arthritis, the best we can do is strengthen the muscles around the knee’
I’m tending more to think pes anterinus (pain location and symptoms are classic) which would make it tendons/ligament/bursitis rather than arthritis. However, the prescribed exercises are easy, non-weight bearing, and I will cheerfully do what she wants, which is strengthen the muscles. Don’t think they will aggravate the pes anturinus (if that is what it is!) So I will see what happens. It is never a bad thing to strengthen the leg muscles. :D
http://www.harboursidephysiotherapy...erine-Bursitis-of-the-Knee/a~346/article.html

Has your knee been X-rayed to give you a diagnosis? I thought, at first that mine was a problem with cruciate ligaments until an X-ray showed wear and tear damage to both knees - pain only developed in the second knee later. I could have had surgery to the one deemed to have been the worst - not the most painful. The hospital declined to operate because I had too many other issues. But I do believe now that it is arthritis.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Annb - that steak was as good as it looked and the herby paprika sauce was lovely. @Chook - sorry to hear that arm is still bad. Hope you get it checked out soon. @Brunneria - your experience reminds me if a conversation I had with @Chook ages ago where we came to the conclusion that the male physios are good looking sadists but you are rather disproving the second part that the females were these very strong, large Russian types- a la Dr. No. @PenguinMum - glad you got the power back on. I got to Aqua today looking a bit like an Eskimo! It was wild and alternating between torrential rain and snow blizzards. We're scheduled for overnight gales. It's bloomin cold as well. Today was an OMAD. Made Hubby baked potato with tuna, sweetcorn & cheese as I was having Tuna salad.
Bed 6.4 FBG 6.3
B. TAG
L. Nothing at Aqua battling the storms.
D. The DD Tuna salad. The Tuna was tasty with chopped spring onion, celery, lemon juice and mustard through it. I added 3 walnuts and a bit chopped cucumber to the salad.
DD-532-ketotunasaladwitheggs-2.jpeg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has your knee been X-rayed to give you a diagnosis? I thought, at first that mine was a problem with cruciate ligaments until an X-ray showed wear and tear damage to both knees - pain only developed in the second knee later. I could have had surgery to the one deemed to have been the worst - not the most painful. The hospital declined to operate because I had too many other issues. But I do believe now that it is arthritis.

yes. Definite diagnosis by X-ray, mild in L, moderate in R.
Fortunately, the various supplements, exercises and change in activities has made a marked improvement in both knees over the last 6-8 months. Very pleased about that!

which is why I am so suspicious with the idea that this new pain, in specific location, is ‘just arthritis’.
It feels different, happens at different times and in different ways.

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
10-02-2020
Long day. Up at 3am due to loud crash of scaffold falling. Didn't sleep properly after that. Had a nightmare as well.
Breakfast. Last of the homemade nut granola. Chicken livers. CWC
Lunch. Cold meats and salady stuff. Yoghurt and raspberries with a splash of cream. Trying to keep the weight up before visit to UK. Mother will ask how much I weigh.
Dinner. Chicken marengo. Cauliflower golden turnip and green beans.
Wine. Ofc.
Several lemon teas during the day.
Busy. First sort out the fallen scaffold. We are so lucky it didn't hit anything.
Then onto new batch of nut granola. Decorating the kitchen continues. Now working on repainting the kitchen units. This is likely to take several days.
20200210_091137.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m going to regret being up so late by tomorrow morning ( nearly 1 am ) but a quick post before bed-
B: coffee, 2 cups with cream and 2 without on the journey back to Cornwall. Caught some horrible weather on the way back but we’d been very lucky with it most of the weekend.
L: around 2pm when I got in was a small portion of leftover https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-pesto-chicken-casserole
D: rest of leftover rotisserie chicken with salad and h/m mayo and hot sauce. Few blueberries and cream afterwards

@maglil55 I’ve sort of lost track of where I am on the 12 week plan - are we supposed to be planning our own menus now? I’m still getting the deep dive emails.
@SlimLizzy is that your place in the photo? It looks wonderful from outside, but yes, v lucky with the scaffolding.

Winnie-the-Pooh

Today :

breakfast : 1/3 of a keto muffins with black coffee and an orange which gave me a spike

Lunch : two sausages and tea .

Snack : a square of dark chocolate.

Dinner : night eat leftover from vegetarian pasta . Not feeling well at all . Feeling tired, feverish , sleep deprived and depressed for no reason at all .

I wish I could get some rest but have only 12 days vacation a yr and need to keep it, so can later spend some time with family at Mediterranean beaches

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10-02-2020
Long day. Up at 3am due to loud crash of scaffold falling. Didn't sleep properly after that. Had a nightmare as well.
Breakfast. Last of the homemade nut granola. Chicken livers. CWC
Lunch. Cold meats and salady stuff. Yoghurt and raspberries with a splash of cream. Trying to keep the weight up before visit to UK. Mother will ask how much I weigh.
Dinner. Chicken marengo. Cauliflower golden turnip and green beans.
Wine. Ofc.
Several lemon teas during the day.
Busy. First sort out the fallen scaffold. We are so lucky it didn't hit anything.
Then onto new batch of nut granola. Decorating the kitchen continues. Now working on repainting the kitchen units. This is likely to take several days.
View attachment 38493
Glad the scaffold didn't damage anything, sorry you had a nightmare, those are awful, hope you have a better sleep tonight.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Glad the scaffold didn't damage anything, sorry you had a nightmare, those are awful, hope you have a better sleep tonight.
Unsurprisingly nightmare was building related. Vision of damage that didn't actually happen. With me working out how much repairs were going to cost.:grumpy:

Reactions: maglil55

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 11/02/2020
Foot clean went well, feet feel much better with toenails trimmed and calluses removed, NBN appointment went really well, install is near the end of next week. Took asthma meds in morning, will take them again at night. No blood glucose testing done, just sticking to the same meals everyday. Tested out full fat yoghurt and no peanut butter today, nice change up, but won't do it again. Finger cut is healing well, breathing was good today, though the trip into town and stuff did take some energy.

Breakfast: 52g rolled oats, 200g full fat yoghurt, 50g blueberries. 4 white coffee 20ml of milk in each.

Lunch: 52g sunflower sourdough, 5g butter, tomato and onion tuna can, mustard, 19g reduced fat cheese, 152g raw tomato, 100g cucumber.

Dinner: 2 white corn tortilla, 150g broccoli, 80g mushroom from can, 2XL eggs, 20g salsa. Peppermint tea before, chamomile tea after.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m going to regret being up so late by tomorrow morning ( nearly 1 am ) but a quick post before bed-
B: coffee, 2 cups with cream and 2 without on the journey back to Cornwall. Caught some horrible weather on the way back but we’d been very lucky with it most of the weekend.
L: around 2pm when I got in was a small portion of leftover https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-pesto-chicken-casserole
D: rest of leftover rotisserie chicken with salad and h/m mayo and hot sauce. Few blueberries and cream afterwards

@maglil55 I’ve sort of lost track of where I am on the 12 week plan - are we supposed to be planning our own menus now? I’m still getting the deep dive emails.
@SlimLizzy is that your place in the photo? It looks wonderful from outside, but yes, v lucky with the scaffolding.
We're on Week 5. Don't know if this will work but here's a link to mine for this week. It's slightly customised.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/meal-plan/custom-34318-weight-loss-for-good-week-5

I'll dig out the original.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Got it. I thought the burger casserole yesterday and today for lunch was too heavy.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/meal-pla...il&utm_term=0_1c4c4ec8bb-3acd80fca4-475962545

Reactions: DJC3