Are We Seeing the Beginning of the End?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite so but geologists don't just stay or work on the surface and I'm not sure I would want to carry out a seismic survey to determine my blood sugar levels and most of the geologists I have known collect samples to test directly in the lab. Any way enough said I am I think derailing and will desist.
Well, you are nearly there John but not quite. Seismic doesnt tell you all you need to know. Only some. But 2 miles under the ground an in situ sample is challenging.

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the Libre periodically now. About 12 months into my “journey” it became available in the U.S. I have a very obliging doctor who well knew how focused I was on making the necessary changes to improve my health. I had already achieved a non-diabetic A1c at that point, so it was no doubt a stretch for her to prescribe, but I’m thankful she did.

At first, I used it 24x7. I found it fascinating and so helpful. But, for me, it showed the further HFLC I moved, the more my fasting (and overnight) BG hung high after a really fatty meal. So, I adjusted to more moderate carb (150g ish per day), which admittedly was my preference anyway, and was very pleased with the results. These days, I use a sensor every 2 months or so (6 weeks off, 2 on) to make sure I’m still on track. A1c has remained in the low 5’s, high 4’s since. I very rarely test in between sensors.

so, while I can definitely get on board with a (relatively) inexpensive CGM type device being really helpful, I’m not sure it will support HFLC with doctors anymore than a good A1c now does. I think having a CGM as easy an a smart watch would be a game changer, but mainly just for healthy eating across all macronutrient ranges for the metabolically healthy.

edited to add: to confirm, T2, no meds

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the Libre periodically now. About 12 months into my “journey” it became available in the U.S. I have a very obliging doctor who well knew how focused I was on making the necessary changes to improve my health. I had already achieved a non-diabetic A1c at that point, so it was no doubt a stretch for her to prescribe, but I’m thankful she did.

At first, I used it 24x7. I found it fascinating and so helpful. But, for me, it showed the further HFLC I moved, the more my fasting (and overnight) BG hung high after a really fatty meal. So, I adjusted to more moderate carb (150g ish per day), which admittedly was my preference anyway, and was very pleased with the results. These days, I use a sensor every 2 months or so (6 weeks off, 2 on) to make sure I’m still on track. A1c has remained in the low 5’s, high 4’s since. I very rarely test in between sensors.

so, while I can definitely get on board with a (relatively) inexpensive CGM type device being really helpful, I’m not sure it will support HFLC with doctors anymore than a good A1c now does. I think having a CGM as easy an a smart watch would be a game changer, but mainly just for healthy eating across all macronutrient ranges for the metabolically healthy.

edited to add: to confirm, T2, no meds
Thanks. So once you had established what foods impact you, you find you don’t need to test in between.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well, you are nearly there John but not quite. Seismic doesnt tell you all you need to know. Only some. But 2 miles under the ground an in situ sample is challenging.
The Kola borehole is a bit deeper than that I believe.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Kola borehole is a bit deeper than that I believe.
Certainly is John. Many wells are. I used 2 miles down as a nice round example yet typical number that the layman can get his head around. However whether it be 1000ft or 25000ft, getting a man down there with lab equipment is a bit tricky, especially as the borehole diameter might well be 8 1/2 “ or less. I think they are training up leprechauns for the job in the future.