Minimed 670G

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Sooo, I started on this pump on Monday and still in manual mode until the 12th of February but so far its been good, this is coming from me closed looping for 11 month. I was previously on the accu-chek insight but with having nothing but problems with it, I opted for the 670G and I qualified for the Guardian 3 sensors.

So far I have only had 1 low BS, which was after the change over on Monday tea time, I will try to keep you all up to date with what ever happens given the time I have spare with working as a chef

Reactions: Juicyj and dancer

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Gaz-M I would be interested to hear how you get as an due to change to this sometime soon and will be self funding the CGM at some point too when I run out of G6’s. So any info would be appreciated.

Reactions: Gaz-M

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Still only had the 1 hypo but had a few insulin suspends which have worked really good, the sensors are expensive to buy Juicyj costing £525 for 10 which only last 7 days if you are lucky. The transmitter charger is £150 and the transmitter itself is £350 so alot of money to pull out if funding is not an option, but overall so far I am happy with it but this may change when auto mode is turned on this coming Wednesday ( I was tempted to turn it on a few days ago but the rep said 2 weeks is better so the pump can learn your body.

Gary61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Gaz-M, I've been on the 670g since June 1st and have been really happy with the control that it is giving me. It can however take a little mastering to start off with but with like anything else, 'practice makes perfect'. I find that I am now showing I am in range for never less than 86% in any 2 week cycle which is between 4mmol and 10mmol and was chuffed to find that for the previous 2 week cycle, I achieved 90%. I have read a few negative responses to the pump but I guarantee that if you approach it with a good positive attitude you will definitely not look back. I don't know if you have read a small blog I have started, but if not you can find it here at https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog/gary61.146959/. I wish you the best of luck with it :)

Reactions: Gaz-M

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Hi Gary61, I have an appointment with the DSN and Medtronic rep tomorrow so I can see what they think so far. I went into auto mode on Saturday and today I have been in range today 100% :). I will for sure have a reaad of your blog and thank you mfor the reply :)