IVF new embryo help!

Rachel1608

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to help me out - I’m on the third cycle of IVF and I’ve had my egg transfer yesterday. I’ve been fine on the progesterone for the last few rounds but this time I’ve been having more of a reaction with hot flushes and my bloods have shot up to 13.0/15.0 everyday at around 3.00pm and I’m only able to lower it again by dinner time by multiple injections. (Yesterday I had 8 units to lower it) I then end up with a bad hypo through the night. I was just wondering if anyone knew if I am doing the right thing and if anyone else had problems controlling their bloods with the hormone disbalance? The last thing I’m wanting to do is to affect the egg and cause damage - any answers???

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Never done IVF but I know having bg spikes in the early stages is concerning.
I know that stacking the insulin doses isn't the best idea as you've discovered so would speak to your DSN about maybe increasing lunchtime or basal dose (are you splitting it? or on pump). I imagine that having high/low rollercoaster is worse for your embryo than a spike and in spite of what the insulin manufacturers say insulin does take a while to bring down sugars in a type 1 especially one awash with hormones.
In my last pregnancy I did have highs early on and things turned out fine but can remember the extreme anxiety I felt (which didn't help the bg levels either ) so I am feeling for you.
I am also hoping you have FSL to keep an eye on things and to know that you are no doubt doing a great job most of the time.

Rachel1608

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m on injections of Lantus (basal) and Novo Rapid (general). My hba1c is usually perfect (5.4 was my last result from 2 weeks ago). I had egg collecting last Wednesday and started the progesterone then. I’m not sure what I should do when my bloods spike up so high, it’s like a ghost reading because I end up with a bad hypo at night that I struggle to get out of.

Rachel1608

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m on injections of Lantus (basal) and Novo Rapid (general). My hba1c is usually perfect (5.4 was my last result from 2 weeks ago). I had egg collecting last Wednesday and started the progesterone then. I’m not sure what I should do when my bloods spike up so high, it’s like a ghost reading because I end up with a bad hypo at night that I struggle to get out of.

And I do have the free style Libre, the doctor said they recommend anyone who is trying to conceive