What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @jjraak these are truly amazing I usually keep my eye on such photographs but missed these, appreciate you bringing them to my attention. I have attended a few talks by landscape photographers and the lengths and time they spend doing calculations of sun the right time of year and angle is inspirational, they deserve to capture such great images.

The loan tree. I did a watercolour of a very old tree on shugborough Estate which won a local competition. Here it be....
View attachment 38518
That is quite stunning..to me they are three stunning people standing lke a tree. I am not very clever when it comes to interpretation thats what it seems to me....people at ease with nature...but I am sorry if I am not interpreting properly it but I am very moved by it. Thank you.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is quite stunning..to me they are three stunning people standing lke a tree. I am not very clever when it comes to interpretation thats what it seems to me....people at ease with nature...but I am sorry if I am not interpreting properly it but I am very moved by it. Thank you.
The meaning of art is in the eye of the beholder, there is no right or wrong.

Edit.. it is actually a very old tree 800 years and getting to the end of its life, the tops gone but it continues to put out shoots and sits proudly in a blue bell wood. Truly wonderful and in the words of poems by Thomas Hardy ancient people may entwine into the trees around them from within the soil they were laid.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, @gennepher, the wind nearly blew me off course a little while ago while I was crossing the main road to the drugstore. I also nearly got blasted out of the crosswalk by a VERY IMPATIENT driver waiting to make a left turn out of the parking lot behind me. We all had the green light, but I had the WALK light as well, and these drivers KNOW they can't make a turn across a crosswalk as long as there's a pedestrian in it! The funnier thing was, the driver in front of the honker was sitting quietly and patiently in his car, and he probably jumped about as high as I did. I started laughing -- fortunately I had my back to the impatient one so couldn't be seen laughing at his rudeness. Of course, for all I know he had a good reason for being in a hurry. It's a short light.

Then, back home, sitting out on the patio for a little bit before coming back inside, I saw a beautiful Lab being walked along the sidewalk, @Krystyna23040 and @muddycyclist . He was a chocolate Lab.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The meaning of art is in the eye of the beholder, there is no right or wrong.

Edit.. it is actually a very old tree 800 years and getting to the end of its life, the tops gone but it continues to put out shoots and sits proudly in a blue bell wood. Truly wonderful and in the words of poems by Thomas Hardy ancient people may entwine into the trees around them from within the soil they were laid.
Thank you, you are very kind. I do so enjoy you and @gennepher posting your paintings but I dont feel its fair to expect you both to keep it up and I dont want eitner of you to feel pressure. I would must say it has made my start of year veey enjoyable.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hahaha..Like.

here's the new addition @SaskiaKC
a little bit different to that bike you posted, but the same spirit, i hope.
( little bumper spray to refresh the plastic, and screen off for a buffing..ooh err, missus :D )

EDIT: Sat with it's big sister..Oh and they both do 140+

(Bike in MPH, the scoot in MPG..:hilarious: )

View attachment 38517

Beautiful! Thank you for posting their pic. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So while I was unpacking what I thought were essentials, Julie was busy elsewhere:arghh: There really were 200+ bottles of wine to move as well. This is not all the spirits or optics. Apparently looking for my beard trimmer can wait.
Twrf4KVgt7XCF9DI8XpIXVbJ92AkFolK3mhsE1I_PYgaDRcMjO1jSG6NyNo22J_AXU2dx_5Vq14iinMy3_JBGy_hasNW65KnGxYDSvx-TomaZiTR8_a27apqiDvpr5VovnRtQsg-

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Honestly PM I just do what I can when I can. I just tend to shout about it when I do, mainly to advertise our plight.

JUST GIVE US THE OPTION OF DEALING WITH T2D WITH WHAT WE EAT, WHETHER THATS LOW CARB, LOW CAL, PALEO, MED, BUT THE CHOICE NEEDS TO BE GIVEN, EDUCATION NOT MEDICATION.

We all do our bit supporting others. So many on this thread /forum I class as idols in that field, and you are right up there with the best of them. Superstar status PM.

@Debandez I have always said you are a Diabetic Dynamo, its quite amazing the workload you get through and with such enthusiasm. I have no doubtthat lots of folkin your cover area have learned and gained hugely from your efforts. I send a virtual medal and a big hug.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So while I was unpacking what I thought were essentials, Julie was busy elsewhere:arghh: There really were 200+ bottles of wine to move as well. This is not all the spirits or optics. Apparently looking for my beard trimmer can wait.
Twrf4KVgt7XCF9DI8XpIXVbJ92AkFolK3mhsE1I_PYgaDRcMjO1jSG6NyNo22J_AXU2dx_5Vq14iinMy3_JBGy_hasNW65KnGxYDSvx-TomaZiTR8_a27apqiDvpr5VovnRtQsg-

So ... you and Julie will be hosting the Suffolk branch of the ZA get-together? Untrimmed beard notwithstanding?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, if you join us on our ZA road trip to @PenguinMum s I won't need to fill my water tanks with gin, can you get all of it in your vehicles, if not I can come via your abode and help out.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Precursor to replying to my DUK complaint via email..I went on their Facebook page and asked a question:

Question if I may. Ive started to follow your 7 day meal planner. I followed the breakfast suggestion of 2 slices of seeded brown bread with butter. Eaten at 9.30am with black tea.

19g carbs per slice = 38g 4g carbs = @ 1 teaspoon of sugar So @ 9.5 teaspoons of sugar

You also say you should eat 5 lots of fruit and veg a day spread out throughout the day.

So I had 100g banana at 12.15pm. 100g banana = @ 5 teaspoons of sugar

Using my libre sensor 24 hour constant glucose monitor I recorded the results. I ended it after the banana because looking at what you suggested for me for lunch I thought I couldn't risk my blood sugars going to dizzy heights.

I was struggling to decide between a tuna toastie, 2 slices of bread, stuffed pitta, beans on toast sardines on toast, all taken from your 7 day meal planner.

So my question is this. You recommend starchy carbs like bread, pasta, rice potatoes. All which will spike my blood glucose. As a result my hba1c will go up. Mysugr app confirms this.

So how can your recommendations be healthy for a type 2 diabetic?

Standard reply....but I followed it up with 2 more questions. I'm awaiting a reply.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200209-153632_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200209-153632_LibreLink.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 250
  • Screenshot_20200211-144702_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200211-144702_Facebook.jpg
    874.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20200211-145055_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200211-145055_Facebook.jpg
    770.5 KB · Views: 104

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I
On my windy bike ride and fallen trees I truly expected the tall pine trees by a pond I pass to be layed flat, fortunately they still stood and the light behind them strong and so have done a watercolour sketch of them, may do a larger painting later in the year. Watercolour, between A4 and A5 size paper, brushes used shown below, time about 30 minutes.

View attachment 38508

View attachment 38509
I am liking this @Muddy Cyclist
I am glad they are still standing.
It has a feel of the area.
It is reminding me of walks I took in the early 60's there...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, if you join us on our ZA road trip to @PenguinMum s I won't need to fill my water tanks with gin, can you get all of it in your vehicles, if not I can come via your abode and help out.
Thanks for the kind offer. I suspect that in the event of a ZA we may well be cosy for a while here for at least 1 or 2 nights.:angelic:

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
VERY Nice...liking that one a lot..the light for the water..perfect.

i meant to mention this.
not surer if you might have seen it, given your and Genns eye for the visual.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-51386024
i know it's camera work but i still think you might like it
did think the tree one looked like ti was an ENT, and the space shot was beautifully captured
but my fav was Hasfoss (pic 4) though if having one hanging it would the 1st one
Not seen that @jjraak
My favourites were
#4 Haifoss
#8 Madeira
#12 Bulgaria
#15 Lincoln's rock
#22 Iceland

And the winner for me is...
#8 Madeira

That one I am envious of....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @jjraak these are truly amazing I usually keep my eye on such photographs but missed these, appreciate you bringing them to my attention. I have attended a few talks by landscape photographers and the lengths and time they spend doing calculations of sun the right time of year and angle is inspirational, they deserve to capture such great images.

The loan tree. I did a watercolour of a very old tree on shugborough Estate which won a local competition. Here it be....
View attachment 38518
My kind of tree @Muddy Cyclist
Brilliant...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In my view @PenguinMum you can interpret paintings any way you like or see...
A trio of people within the tree...
There is no right way or wrong way.
I have often illustrated trees as people.
I have tree trunks in my garden which look like faces...eyes, nose and mouth in the bark. They can scare me a bit...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, @gennepher, the wind nearly blew me off course a little while ago while I was crossing the main road to the drugstore. I also nearly got blasted out of the crosswalk by a VERY IMPATIENT driver waiting to make a left turn out of the parking lot behind me. We all had the green light, but I had the WALK light as well, and these drivers KNOW they can't make a turn across a crosswalk as long as there's a pedestrian in it! The funnier thing was, the driver in front of the honker was sitting quietly and patiently in his car, and he probably jumped about as high as I did. I started laughing -- fortunately I had my back to the impatient one so couldn't be seen laughing at his rudeness. Of course, for all I know he had a good reason for being in a hurry. It's a short light.

Then, back home, sitting out on the patio for a little bit before coming back inside, I saw a beautiful Lab being walked along the sidewalk, @Krystyna23040 and @muddycyclist . He was a chocolate Lab.
Hugs for you @SaskiaKC
It is scary when wind misbehaves near traffic.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, you are very kind. I do so enjoy you and @gennepher posting your paintings but I dont feel its fair to expect you both to keep it up and I dont want eitner of you to feel pressure. I would must say it has made my start of year veey enjoyable.
I will keep it up @PenguinMum :)
If I set myself a challenge I never fail in myself. That is not an option.
My back up plan if I am short of time any particular day to use real paints and paper, is to go over to an iPad art/drawing app and create something on there. I have several painting and drawing apps, and did artwork on them a few years ago.
Thank you for enjoying mine and @Muddy Cyclist 's work.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Night night from me.
I have just been on this couch ever since I got home...I have now woken up enough to haul myself off to bed....
Have a good night you all.
F9D53012-464C-42BA-B7F7-7C4D8E2D027C.gif

4570F150-BA41-437C-8CAE-4065499EA7D1.gif

BB11AF66-4C8B-49D3-9BBC-DEECBB16733B.gif

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Precursor to replying to my DUK complaint via email..I went on their Facebook page and asked a question:

Question if I may. Ive started to follow your 7 day meal planner. I followed the breakfast suggestion of 2 slices of seeded brown bread with butter. Eaten at 9.30am with black tea.

19g carbs per slice = 38g 4g carbs = @ 1 teaspoon of sugar So @ 9.5 teaspoons of sugar

You also say you should eat 5 lots of fruit and veg a day spread out throughout the day.

So I had 100g banana at 12.15pm. 100g banana = @ 5 teaspoons of sugar

Using my libre sensor 24 hour constant glucose monitor I recorded the results. I ended it after the banana because looking at what you suggested for me for lunch I thought I couldn't risk my blood sugars going to dizzy heights.

I was struggling to decide between a tuna toastie, 2 slices of bread, stuffed pitta, beans on toast sardines on toast, all taken from your 7 day meal planner.

So my question is this. You recommend starchy carbs like bread, pasta, rice potatoes. All which will spike my blood glucose. As a result my hba1c will go up. Mysugr app confirms this.

So how can your recommendations be healthy for a type 2 diabetic?

Standard reply....but I followed it up with 2 more questions. I'm awaiting a reply.

GO GET EM, Debs...

and WOWSER..thats some Big A** spike..:wideyed::***:

screenshot_20200209-153632_librelink-jpg.38519

Good luck with the reply..my guess is something that takes up a lot of lines but essentially is just more smoke and mirror,
smugly put out because they KNOW so many people have a childlike trust of doctors,

yep, i know..i WAS one of them...but No More.

You are our T2 Jedi, ...striking back at the evil Empire.

I have no doubt that, with YOU fighting on our side..,
One day those walls WILL fall.

Reactions: dunelm and Debandez

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
11-02-2020
Very late post
7.18am FBG was 5.8

Reactions: karen8967