What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I’m feeling a bit ****** lately

Double figures mainly and neuropathy absolutely stinging my feet

Tried various painkillers I just want the pain to leave me alone

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

aw. mate that sucks,

have you seen any of jim Laheys post (T2) he had awful neuropathy but managed to reduce it considerably, but he is T2,
so may not be so useful.

can't think of anything that might be of use in any way, maybe others will have some useful advice.?

take care fella.

Reactions: Cumberland

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Terrible for you, I hope someone may have some ideas what will help. Frustratingly I can only offer spiritual support and hope, I truly wish I could offer more. Hopeful and peaceful thoughts for some relief @Cumberland

Reactions: Cumberland

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Right, just gone back 24 hours in this thread...I think I have caught up...

This wind is awful. Had a job keeping my balance when I was out, then the wind stole my 4 wheel walker from me and it goes trundling down the road with my stick in it, but someone one ran and returned it to me or else I was like a beached whale.

I was exhausted when I got home. Fell asleep. Popeye slept too...

Now I have caught up on here I need another nap...

Whoa! That must have been really scary. Glad you are ok, and that there was a kind person nearby to help.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So while I was unpacking what I thought were essentials, Julie was busy elsewhere:arghh: There really were 200+ bottles of wine to move as well. This is not all the spirits or optics. Apparently looking for my beard trimmer can wait.
Twrf4KVgt7XCF9DI8XpIXVbJ92AkFolK3mhsE1I_PYgaDRcMjO1jSG6NyNo22J_AXU2dx_5Vq14iinMy3_JBGy_hasNW65KnGxYDSvx-TomaZiTR8_a27apqiDvpr5VovnRtQsg-

wow

Winnie-the-Pooh

Right, just gone back 24 hours in this thread...I think I have caught up...

This wind is awful. Had a job keeping my balance when I was out, then the wind stole my 4 wheel walker from me and it goes trundling down the road with my stick in it, but someone one ran and returned it to me or else I was like a beached whale.

I was exhausted when I got home. Fell asleep. Popeye slept too...

Now I have caught up on here I need another nap...

Sorry for what happened. Glad it ended well.

A few yrs ago , I was blown by storm and had a little fly before landing on the ground . It later reminded me of Piglet in Winnie the Pooh and sounded funny , but it was very scary at the time !

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry for what happened. Glad it ended well.

A few yrs ago , I was blown by storm and had a little fly before landing on the ground . It later reminded me of Piglet in Winnie the Pooh and sounded funny , but it was very scary at the time !
Yes, that was very scary at the time @Winnie-the-Pooh It is interesting flying like that though :brb:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have finally found a mattress. For purposes of this thread I will call it an InterSprung. It is made by Wolf, so hopefully it will live up to its ads and keep me from counting sheep.

Happy Wednesday, everyone. I'm for bed.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Oh dear @Cumberland

Someone told me Coleman's mustard. The ready mixed in a jar. Because my toes were hurting so badly with the peripheral neuropathy. I couldn't take it any longer at that time. She said to rub the Coleman's mustard into my toes. I didn't believe, but I bought a jar, put it in the bathroom, then oneday when I was wishing my toes could be amputated because of the pain, I sat on the throne, and rubbed the mustard into my toes.

It worked brilliantly for me. It took away the worst of the pain.

Why it had to be Coleman's I don't know, but she insisted it had to be Coleman's. So now it lives on the bathroom ledge behind the throne.
Painkillers don't work for me with the peripheral neuropathy in my toes. They are a waste of time for me.

D386031C-2EC3-425F-B2CA-AF7A14FD92DD.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.8 this morning - it won't "do" but has to be accepted. That level could be protein related as I ate lots of cheese and a large buffalo steak yesterday. More likely to be idiopathic T2 syndrome - henceforth it shall be IT2S. @Cumberland so sorry to hear of your troubles but glad you feel able to post on this thread. Thoughts and prayers with you. @SaskiaKC glad you found a mattress and hope it is indeed the one that means counting sheep is not needed. @gennepher hug for the wind related trauma. Today is hunt the Chromebook lead or more likely buy a new one on next day delivery whilst we unpack more boxes in cardboard central. New oven (with sous vide and other toys on special from John Lewis) hob and fridge coming tomorrow so must make space. Have a great day. Psalm 34 Vs 4 and 8 will see me through. Paint, draw, cycle, walk dogs, love your cats, smile at strangers whatevs JFDI.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.8 this morning - it won't "do" but has to be accepted. @Cumberland so sorry to hear of your troubles but glad you feel able to post on this thread. Thoughts and prayers with you. @SaskiaKC glad you found a mattress and hope it is indeed the one that means counting sheep is not needed. @gennepher hug for the wind related trauma. Today is hunt the Chromebook lead or more likely buy a new one on next day delivery whilst we unpack more boxes in cardboard central. New oven (with sous vide and other toys on special from John Lewis) hob and fridge coming tomorrow so must make space. Have a great day. Psalm 34 Vs 4 and 8 will see me through. Paint, draw, cycle, walk dogs, love your cats, smile at strangers whatevs JFDI.

It will be far quicker to buy a new Chromebook lead @ianpspurs !
Then to look on the bright side, you will have a spare when you eventually find it...in 10 years time when technology has moved on...
;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It will be far quicker to buy a new Chromebook lead @ianpspurs !
Then to look on the bright side, you will have a spare when you eventually find it...in 10 years time when technology has moved on...
;)
Sadly I think you are right. There have been a few emergency purchases since Friday. The only boxes correctly labelled are books and wine. I do have a tablet and charger and this morning I remembered where my reading glasses are so not totally off grid. I have a smart phone which is primarily useful for connecting fitbit to chromebook and writing shopping lists. Kitchen appliances were planned but thankfully we found the air fryer quickly - no idea where the instant pot is yet so limited hot food until Friday when hopefully all the new toys are fitted. Talking of toys, Julie decided we need a video door bell so my phone may be used to see who is at our door - if I can be **sed to download the app.

Reactions: UserABC2021

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...sprung out of bed feeling I'd slept really well...let the beasts out then off to the bathroom...downstairs with a bigggggg stretch kettle switched on...coffee brewing...planning which jobs to tackle first...looked at watch it was only 05:30 didn't get to bed until 01:30...suddenly feel tired & lethargic needing to sofa surf & watch Netflix all day but no time...hedge man coming today...amazing what tricks the mind plays on us...woke to a 6.5

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sadly I think you are right. There have been a few emergency purchases since Friday. The only boxes correctly labelled are books and wine. I do have a tablet and charger and this morning I remembered where my reading glasses are so not totally off grid. I have a smart phone which is primarily useful for connecting fitbit to chromebook and writing shopping lists. Kitchen appliances were planned but thankfully we found the air fryer quickly - no idea where the instant pot is yet so limited hot food until Friday when hopefully all the new toys are fitted. Talking of toys, Julie decided we need a video door bell so my phone may be used to see who is at our door - if I can be **sed to download the app.
7A225D95-E9BE-46BB-B878-45116C937663.gif

C64142B4-97B8-46FF-8618-80A4AF011219.gif

76B8A19D-CDE2-485D-BC63-E78E2E73989E.gif

BDCB47E1-D86A-4116-A140-B1B07579DCC7.gif