What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bacon and egg with half a toasted chaffle
Lunch range of cheese and a stick of celery followed by two squares of 95% choc
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with cauliflower cheese and asparagus followed by SF jelly and yoghurt
Online delivery booked for tomorrow and hurray full fat lactofree milk is back in stock. I need too much of the semi skimmed version in my coffee to get it tasting how I like it so although it has same grams of carb per 100mls I need to use more so my coffee then has too many carbs for my liking @DJC3 i do admire how you’ve been moving onto black coffee I keep trying but really can’t get to like it even though I prefer my tea black.......

But I admire you drinking black tea!
Stopping sugar in tea was a big deal for me but I can’t imagine it without a splash of milk. I must admit I prefer it with Alpro unsweetened almond milk now, rather than cows milk.

Reactions: Chook and maglil55

mouseee

Haven't posted for ages on this thread!

Evening everyone!

Breakfast... coffee
Lunch - LC crackers and brie
Dinner - beef stew, LC cheesy 'dumpling' and roasted celeriac

I did eat a real biscuit this afternoon.... was really hungry and failed to resist. Difference now from when on a 'diet' is I don't feel guilty. I just pick up where I left off and carry on.

Got two people at work eating low carb for weight loss and its having a huge impact on them... and given me people to share recipes with!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But I admire you drinking black tea!
Stopping sugar in tea was a big deal for me but I can’t imagine it without a splash of milk. I must admit I prefer it with Alpro unsweetened almond milk now, rather than cows milk.
I've drunk black tea since I was on honeymoon almost 45 years ago. We went to Poland for 4 weeks (it's a bit of a story) and they drink tea black, in a glass. I drunk it that way with about 6 grains of sugar in it. Believe it or not those 6 grains made a difference but eventually I dropped them too. When we got back into London I was desperate for a cup of tea with milk. Got one, it tasted awful and I've taken tea just plain black ever since.

Reactions: Winnie-the-Pooh

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
11-02-2020
Breakfast Nut granola. New batch, no oats.sometimes add small quantity of oats. When i do, a portion with milk should be about 9-10g carbs. But with HbA1c looming, decided to leave them out. Then we hadn't got any anyway. Scrambled two eggs in the microwave. Chunk of emmental as well. Absolutely must not lose weight this week. 2x CWC.
Lunch.
Ham and cheese basically. With lettuce, half a small tomato , cucumber and radish. CWC.
Dinner . Bit too late at nearly 8pm.
Some ready made dish without too many carbs. Was not sure MrSlim would be able to get all the parts needed for cooker conversion. So food was microwave meal. Veg from yesterday fried up in butter and oil. Some wine and later some cheese. Lemon tea throughout the day and at bedtime.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Labelled boxes? Removal men forgot to write on the tape so some boxes labelled kitchen etc actually from another move:arghh: Julie did manage to find some things - but oddly not my beard trimmer. There really were 200 bottles of wine as well. Sainsburys avocados not great but apparently they do a sourdough pizza which the air fryer cooks nicely. I don't remember ever eating mutton so a trip to Iselham (Cambs) beckons as soon as the cooker is fitted.
Twrf4KVgt7XCF9DI8XpIXVbJ92AkFolK3mhsE1I_PYgaDRcMjO1jSG6NyNo22J_AXU2dx_5Vq14iinMy3_JBGy_hasNW65KnGxYDSvx-TomaZiTR8_a27apqiDvpr5VovnRtQsg-
@ianpspurs good to see you unpacked the essentials first.
@Cumberland your poor feet. That sounds horrible. I do hope you find a way to improve things.
@Brunneria We too will be having steak and I have some halloumi imported from the UK. We will be making chips of it for the first time.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening from cardboard box city in Breckland. Think I have caught up now broadband has been activated. Friday = 3 litres tea from 3.40 to 6.20 then beef stew made by No 1 son @ 6.00. - 23k steps and slept like a log. Saturday was roast leg of goat cooked by No 1 son (local farm has own goat and special Isleham Blue pigs from tine to time) also had some cheese and G and B choc; Sunday was chicken and avocado salad; Monday was chicken and avocado salad plus some G and B, cheese and lots of tea; Today was cheese, G and B choc and Buffalo steak in air fryer - oh and some tea. Cooker doesn't work and vendor never lived here so no idea how to make it work. New cooker, hob and fridge coming Thursday and a guy fitting them Friday. Can't find the IP but new cooker has a built in sous vide so swings and roundabouts. Town is nice but local supermarket is Sainsburys:arghh: Newmarket or Bury St Edmunds it is then.
https://www.tfmbutchers.co.uk/

Glad it all went reasonably smoothly. Food sounds very good. Sainsbury’s is fine, It was my local before we moved and I miss it now. I’m impressed by the built in sous vide aspect of your new oven - that’s so impressive, I’d no idea you could get that.

Reactions: maglil55

Winnie-the-Pooh

Today :

Went to hospital to do my fasting blood and A1C ( last was was 2 months ago ).

Breakfast : bought a chicken wrap from a store near hospital . It was awful. So ate nothing .

Lunch : some pork and salad . It was such a small portion so one could hardly call it lunch . I drank a glass of green vegetable juice . Each serving had 12 gr carb .

Dinner : on the bus to go to mall to shop. It’s bf bday in a few days . Will have my dinner there . I’m starving .

Winnie-the-Pooh

I got my test results .

A1C has gone to 6.2. In early December before meds and diet it was 7.5.

I was hopping for less since Dexcoom estimated 5.7 but then I only have had it for 1.5 months not 3 months .

Edit : fasting blood sugar was 83 which is 4.6.

How long after diagnoses , your A1C dropped ? I was diagnosed early December.

Last edited:

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 12/02/2020
Preparing dinner now. Visited sister today and 14 week old niece, was a nice visit, she and her husband are close by now and down this end of the state.

Breakfast 50g rolled oats, 100g fat free natural yogurt, 70g blueberries, 21g peanut butter. 5 white coffee, 100ml milk between them all

Lunch: 42g sunflower sourdough, 145g raw tomato, 100g raw cucumber, mustard, salt, 4g butter, 26g reduced fat cheese, 102g ham

Dinner: 90g chicken breast, 187 fresh broccoli, 5g butter, 2 white corn tortilla, 40g salsa. BG was 4.4 before dinner, lunch was at 12.15, small walk and asmol asthma med before test done. first test in 5 days or so, so that's a good sign. lemon, ginger, chamomile tea after dinner, and Frasier season 2 to watch.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad it all went reasonably smoothly. Food sounds very good. Sainsbury’s is fine, It was my local before we moved and I miss it now. I’m impressed by the built in sous vide aspect of your new oven - that’s so impressive, I’d no idea you could get that.
The sous vide aspect was something we saw whilst looking for things we knew we wanted to replace in the kitchen. This one was on offer from John Lewis https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewi...Z3vjqgEtKRI90mMfDhxoCv7MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds . Rude not to take the opportunity

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Wednesday is my busy day made busier by having to get up at 6 to ferry grandchildren to breakfast club. Gave me a chance to pop into M&S just as it opened on the way back. Resisted the jumpers.
B: 2 mugs black coffee then off to walking group, a lovely sunny springlike day and beautiful countryside.
L: DD Smoked salmon, egg butter and avocado. More coffee then back out again to the art group for a nice chatty afternoon.
D: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-salmon-cowboy-sauce never heard of Cowboy sauce and it has a long list of ingredients I wasn’t sure would work together but it was great.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Horrible night of vomiting and diarrohea between 3 and 7am but after a shower at 8am and change of pjs I have had a sofa day and not looked back. Dont know what caused it as had omelette for dinner but I spent a few hours in Sainsburys cafe yesterday so may have picked up a germ there.
Today’s food has been a slice of LivLife toast twice with tea.
Am feeling fine now so am having courgetti with a small amount of Bolognese soon.

Reactions: DJC3

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
Horrible night of vomiting and diarrohea between 3 and 7am but after a shower at 8am and change of pjs I have had a sofa day and not looked back. Dont know what caused it as had omelette for dinner but I spent a few hours in Sainsburys cafe yesterday so may have picked up a germ there.
Am feeling fine now so am having courgetti with a small amount of Bolognese soon.
glad you are feeling better now, take it easy today and keep hydrated.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3.50 am wakeup so tea a plenty early on then coffee around 11. Coffee again around 2.00 then unbelievably hungry around 3.00 so random hunk of cheese and 3 water biscuits with Brussels pate. Hot cross buns and soudough bread were tempting. Evening meal was chicken and avocado salad with lashings of mayo (never liked ginger beer). @PenguinMum hope the gastric are all good now. IP now found so short ribs tomorrow then hopefully new oven, hob and fridge fitted so potentially wider food choices.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
Take it easy, plenty water and let everyone else wait on you. Hugs xx

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.5 FBG 6.3. what started as going to be a continuation of the DD schedule ended up being turned on its head by grandchildren and Hubby. Hubby is off to football tonight - grandchildren I had from 9.45am to 3.30pm. Hubby, I had to find something suitable for him to eat mid afternoon as he's not a big daytime eater. Boys of course wanted something totally different! Weather was alternating between sunshine and blizzards. Managed to get the boys to the library in a break in the weather and got a collection of books on Greek & Roman Mythology and Old Testament bible stories since they've developed an interest in all of them. Personally, I think they're absorbed by the gore in the old Testament! Two chattering voice - "Tell us about Cain and Able" then I made the mistake of mentioning Lot's wife . Oooo! What nasty thing happened to her??? What did she do wrong??? Having got through that, Pandora and King Midas - now relaxing on my own.
B. TAG
L. Nothing - too much chaos.
D. An unintentional OMAD. Took bits from the salad I was supposed to have for lunch and turned it into a rather large Cloud Bread sandwich. Had to eat it with a knife and fork. Spread mayo on the cloud bread and added sliced chicken, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 tomato sliced, 1 sliced boiled egg and streaky bacon. It was wonderful! Shepherds Pie with cauliflower mash on top has now moved to tomorrow!
How's the boxes doing @ianpspurs?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
4.40 pm. Power has just gone off - just 2 minutes after I'd put the lights on and was just about to prepare my evening meal.

Lunch - 1.30 - was a mug of green gloopy soup.

Evening meal should be AF chicken wings and some (lost the internet at that point as well).

So - 8 pm and the power has just come back on and I have put the chicken wings in the AF and a selection of green veg in some butter in a pan on the hob. Probably all be ready about 8.30 - a bit later than intended, but not too late. Kept myself going with 2 small handfulls of salted peanuts. Also a bit low on fluids, but I'll try to make that up tonight - cold drinks on a freezing cold day in a cold house wasn't my idea of fun.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.40 pm. Power has just gone off - just 2 minutes after I'd put the lights on and was just about to prepare my evening meal.

Lunch - 1.30 - was a mug of green gloopy soup.

Evening meal should be AF chicken wings and some (lost the internet at that point as well).

So - 8 pm and the power has just come back on and I have put the chicken wings in the AF and a selection of green veg in some butter in a pan on the hob. Probably all be ready about 8.30 - a bit later than intended, but not too late. Kept myself going with 2 small handfulls of salted peanuts. Also a bit low on fluids, but I'll try to make that up tonight - cold drinks on a freezing cold day in a cold house wasn't my idea of fun.
glad the power is back on, yeah warm drinks on a cold day are much better.

Reactions: ianpspurs