Forum Bug Reports

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saskia, if you are using an ad blocker, could you please add diabetes.co.uk to the relevant exceptions list? That can cause issues, such as you describe. Still come back to me if that's doesn't resolve it.

Thanks. I don't think I'm using an ad blocker. I'm not even sure what one is. :)

Let's see ...
OK, it seems to be working. I am just posting the following link as an experiment, to see if I can do so without losing my place here.
https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/95472?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

OK, that worked. Is an ad blocker the same thing as a pop up blocker? That linked site says

By default, Google Chrome blocks pop-ups from automatically showing up on your screen.

@DCUKMod -- That worked too! I was able to tag you. Yay!

This post has been an experiment. So far everything seems to be working properly now.
One thing I love about the technology part of this board is that it normally allows me to start a post, then leave the thread to go look something up on another page/site, and then come right back here without losing my place or my post.

Thank you. :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC , I didn't do anything, aside from make suggestions and ask questions, and I don't think the techies made any changes either. Only telling you this, so that you'll come back to me if it seems not to work again.

Technology is great,........ when it works!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC , I didn't do anything, aside from make suggestions and ask questions, and I don't think the techies made any changes either. Only telling you this, so that you'll come back to me if it seems not to work again.

Technology is great,........ when it works!

Thank you very much for "talking" with me about this. :) Right now everything seems to be working fine, so maybe it was a glitch in my computer's OS.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you very much for "talking" with me about this. :) Right now everything seems to be working fine, so maybe it was a glitch in my computer's OS.

Could be, but you did all the right things like clearing cache, history and restarting your machine, along with, I'm sure some grumpy looks at it. :). I find the grump you looks to be important. ;)

Keep an eye on it, as what happened isn't how it's supposed to be.

D

Deleted member 308541

Right now everything seems to be working fine, so maybe it was a glitch in my computer's OS.
@SaskiaKC both Chrome OS and the Chrome browser have been updated in the last couple of days to these version.

Chrome OS: Version 79.0.3945.123 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Chrome browser: Version 79.0.3945.123 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I could not recreate your problem on my Acer Chromebook, so it may have been a glitch on yours.

I use uBlock Origin to stop all adverts / popups / popunders, it's safe to use straight out of the box once it is installed.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC both Chrome OS and the Chrome browser have been updated in the last couple of days to these version.

I could not recreate your problem on my Acer Chromebook, so it may have been a glitch on yours.

I use uBlock Origin to stop all adverts / popups / popunders, it's safe to use straight out of the box once it is installed.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm

My Chromebook is made by Acer too.
I will check out that link you posted.

nwiginton122

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all - the forum should now be back to normal after a series of technical glitches.

If you find any problems or missing data, please either report them in this thread or email them to [email protected]

Thanks again for your patience, and we apologise profusely once again for any inconvenience that was caused whilst the site was broken.
Not allowed to sign out of my account by the forum. I click log out and I still am logged in.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not allowed to sign out of my account by the forum. I click log out and I still am logged in.
If you have saved your password, under the "Remembers Me", you will be logged out when you ask to do so, but when you ask to sign in again, it will do that automatically.

If that isn't how you would like it to be, please untick the box.

I've attached an image for convenience.

If that doesn't work, please email [email protected] and it can be investigated further.

Attachments

• IMG_0312.PNG
    IMG_0312.PNG
    175.3 KB · Views: 238

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

MikeZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is anyone else having to "login" 2 or 3 times before you are actually in? I have checked the "Remember Me" box many times but I am never remembered. This has only been an issue, (for me), for the last several weeks. Apologies if this has already been asked/answered.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is anyone else having to "login" 2 or 3 times before you are actually in? I have checked the "Remember Me" box many times but I am never remembered. This has only been an issue, (for me), for the last several weeks. Apologies if this has already been asked/answered.

MikeZ - we've had a could of doses of heavy duty dorm maintenance and work done over recent weeks/months.

A small but significantly number of folks experienced things like you. Most found the answer to be to do a couple of things:

- clear internet cookies
- If using a link/favourite/bookmark to access the forum, delete the old one and create a new one, once logged in from the above link

If none of the above works immediately, restart your device, and try again.

Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: MikeZ

MikeZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
MikeZ - we've had a could of doses of heavy duty dorm maintenance and work done over recent weeks/months.

A small but significantly number of folks experienced things like you. Most found the answer to be to do a couple of things:

- clear internet cookies
- If using a link/favourite/bookmark to access the forum, delete the old one and create a new one, once logged in from the above link

If none of the above works immediately, restart your device, and try again.

Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks, I will do all of the above and post my results here.

Reactions: DCUKMod

MikeZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And there ya go. Worked like a charm! TYVM. And I didn't need to clear my cookies... :)

Reactions: ickihun

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, just completed the forum survey, for the question "what year where you diagnosed?" options only go to 2018, does not include 2019 or 2020.

D

Deleted member 308541

Hi, just completed the forum survey, for the question "what year where you diagnosed?" options only go to 2018, does not include 2019 or 2020.
2019 - 2020 were probably cancelled due to lack of interest... :D

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thank you for that, Copilost - I will raise that right now.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all - the forum should now be back to normal after a series of technical glitches.

If you find any problems or missing data, please either report them in this thread or email them to [email protected]

Thanks again for your patience, and we apologise profusely once again for any inconvenience that was caused whilst the site was broken.

I’m using an iPhone 11 and this app does not support the iPhone’s all screen display

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m using an iPhone 11 and this app does not support the iPhone’s all screen display

I'll ensure that's fed back. Could you please attach a screenshot illustrating the issue for the best chance of understanding it.

Thanks!

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

I am having problems with not getting alerts in my emails. No matter what I do, I am not getting them.