Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Yes I’ve looked into my local trade union and citizen advice bureau in regards to my situation, at the moment no updates.
I went home to see mum and my BG spikes, I can’t blame her because food is so good. I had pho this afternoon, I’m seeing grandma later and it’s only going to get worse. Riding at 15.9 with 0.1 ketones so I take it. Don’t worry, I did correct, bolused for my meal and drank water.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning,
When I used to work shared biscuits and cake were my daily downfall !! Literally every single day. I wasnt diagnosed then, so ate and ate and ate !!!!
Really nice if you have self control and just eat one ....problem arises when you dont stop at 1 !!

No self control with biscuits.....pop the carbs into my pump and eat away until there are no more biscuits :hilarious:

Reactions: Marie 2 and Mad76
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The gluten free biscuits are nice, they come in handy for a hypo too, but no biccies today :angelic:

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone off for consultant appointment today ,have a good day all its very blustery here today with a few showers thrown in, brolly no good as would end up like mary poppins

Hi @karen8967 hope it all goes well today. Hopefully they can sort you out with a new pump, maybe a Medtronic one ?

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
back from hospital consultant said i can try another pump if i want but i have told him i need time to think about it ,he did say the pump was not for everyone and i may be one of them ,but he has left the decision up to me ,a1c 6.7% 50mmol so happy with that weight has gone down a bit more really cant afford to loose anymore :banghead:cant understand it as i eat like a pig but heyho ,consultant was very happy with my bgs as over 90 days i have been in range 84%of the time so im happy as well ,thanks for all your words of support everyone xx:)

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
back from hospital consultant said i can try another pump if i want but i have told him i need time to think about it ,he did say the pump was not for everyone and i may be one of them ,but he has left the decision up to me ,a1c 6.7% 50mmol so happy with that weight has gone down a bit more really cant afford to loose anymore :banghead:cant understand it as i eat like a pig but heyho ,consultant was very happy with my bgs as over 90 days i have been in range 84%of the time so im happy as well ,thanks for all your words of support everyone xx:)
Excellent, well done to you for keeping sugars in range !

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great figures. I had a Roche combo pump initially, which was fine. Liked the idea of no tubing, so tried the Omnipod, but never got on well with it. Kept getting random very high blood sugars, a lot of painful sites, and control was terrible on it, so in the end couldn't carry on. Got another combo pump, and it seems to suit me a lot better. Give yourself a break, and then maybe consider a tubed pump.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great figures. I had a Roche combo pump initially, which was fine. Liked the idea of no tubing, so tried the Omnipod, but never got on well with it. Kept getting random very high blood sugars, a lot of painful sites, and control was terrible on it, so in the end couldn't carry on. Got another combo pump, and it seems to suit me a lot better. Give yourself a break, and then maybe consider a tubed pump.
Thats what im thinking about doing the omnipod just wasnt for me same issues as yourself thankshopeful 34 x

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have been awake since 4 and up since 5. It is far too early! A nice level 5 and breakfast already eaten. It is still blowing a hooly outside. We live high up with not much protection from a westerly and it has not ceased since late Saturday night. It is getting boring. Anyway off to home town for a funeral later and sleeping at parents so hoping for a quieter night.
Watching Sky news and the news on this virus is looking grim. For people at risk like us it is not good.
And with that happy news have a good day all.

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all,
All this hype about the virus worrying me too now, but no reported cases here, yet.

Reading news feeling really sorry for Chinese people experiencing harassment in England though.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, morning @karen8967. Sounds like a good meeting with consultant, you must be pleased with your control and good to know you still have options if you want to try another pump.
Thanks hh1 apparently you are normally tied to your chosen pump for 4 years but with omnipod only 3 months i am very pleased with my control although i wake up to good numbers i suffer from dp start rising between 7/8am and no amount of corrections does any good i just ride it out as it does settle about 10/11am and consultant said this was fine as thats how my body works of a morning at teatime i struggle to keep numbers up again regardless of less insulin i have always been like this since dx i have basal tested and that is all spot on xx

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Happy morning all, sun's shining, BG brilliant even after cake!
I made cake yesterday and they say the carbs for the whole cake is 6 or is that per slice? Ganache topping.
Great recipe and super easy to make IMG_4030.JPG
https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2019/09/08/keto-cake-recipe/