Type 2 Life

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's my 50th Birthday today, Wednesday 12th February 2020. I was born on this date in 1970 in Victoria Maternity Hospital in Wood Street, Barnet, Herts.
Very, very happy birthday, Johnny. I hope you will make many happy and healthy memories, today and in the years to come.

Reactions: ickihun

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Happy birthday Johnny. Have you any plans to celebrate ?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It's my 50th Birthday today, Wednesday 12th February 2020. I was born on this date in 1970 in Victoria Maternity Hospital in Wood Street, Barnet, Herts.
Happy happy birthday young man! :) :) :) Victoria's get everywhere. ;)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I cooked a large mug of Sainsbury's Basmati Rice to large mugs of tap water with 1 dessertspoonful of salt in my rice cooker that Max gave me when he was coming round here yesterday evening. When it was cooked and the Basmati Rice had absorbed all the water, I added 1 teaspoonful of Dunn's River jerk seasoning, the wet one out of a jar. I mixed it all together and it was perfect, all light, soft and fluffy. And lovely and spicy.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I manifested poor written English in my last post and may have confused and evoked anxiety and concern in all my DCUK friends. I meant to say Max gave me a rice cooker throughout the duration period in which he was a guest in my home. Max hasn't been visiting myself for over a year and a half and the Metropolitan Police have served a harassment order on him prohibiting himself from harassing myself in my home. What I should have said in my last post grammatical and written and communicated with perfect creative writing was that I cooked the basmati rice dish yesterday evening and I should have inserted a full stop after the sentence where I said Max gave me a rice cooker when he was visiting me in my flat and I should have started a new sentence from where I mentioned I cooked the basmati rice yesterday evening. I haven't seen or heard from Max in ages and he hasn't been seen by any of my associations, either. I'm so sorry for poor grammar and creative writing abilities.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I manifested poor written English in my last post and may have confused and evoked anxiety and concern in all my DCUK friends. I meant to say Max gave me a rice cooker throughout the duration period in which he was a guest in my home. Max hasn't been visiting myself for over a year and a half and the Metropolitan Police have served a harassment order on him prohibiting himself from harassing myself in my home. What I should have said in my last post grammatical and written and communicated with perfect creative writing was that I cooked the basmati rice dish yesterday evening and I should have inserted a full stop after the sentence where I said Max gave me a rice cooker when he was visiting me in my flat and I should have started a new sentence from where I mentioned I cooked the basmati rice yesterday evening. I haven't seen or heard from Max in ages and he hasn't been seen by any of my associations, either. I'm so sorry for poor grammar and creative writing abilities.

You display exceptional skills with your grammar. You're fine :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Stuck in bed for the last two days with flu. Rons looking after me for a change .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I've received a fascinating little hardback book by Katie and Giancarlo Caldesi with Jenny Phillips for my birthday from my dear Milton Keynes Facebook friends called Dudley and Bernadette Rose called The Diabetes weight-loss cookbook which focuses on low-carb dietary transformations in restricting high starch carby foods like grains, cereals, starchy vegetables that grow beyond the ground and floury, starchy foods like bread, rice, pasta, cereals, pies and pizzas. And Debra Sue from DCUK suggested celeriac chips and cauliflower rice as recipes. Apparently, eating starchy carbs causes an insulin rush and henceforth full-blown insulin resistance which causes massive spikes in blood glucose levels and a high GI (glycaemic index). There's tons of low-carb recipes in this little book which include diets rich in green, leafy vegetables and protein and healthy fats and this book teaches people how to read food labels and understand carbs per 100g dietary advice guidelines on food packaging. It also teaches and encourages people how to reduce the intake of processed food and develop healthy exercise plans essential for a low-carb diabetes-friendly weight loss diet

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've received a fascinating little hardback book by Katie and Giancarlo Caldesi with Jenny Phillips for my birthday from my dear Milton Keynes Facebook friends called Dudley and Bernadette Rose called The Diabetes weight-loss cookbook which focuses on low-carb dietary transformations in restricting high starch carby foods like grains, cereals, starchy vegetables that grow beyond the ground and floury, starchy foods like bread, rice, pasta, cereals, pies and pizzas. And Debra Sue from DCUK suggested celeriac chips and cauliflower rice as recipes. Apparently, eating starchy carbs causes an insulin rush and henceforth full-blown insulin resistance which causes massive spikes in blood glucose levels and a high GI (glycaemic index). There's tons of low-carb recipes in this little book which include diets rich in green, leafy vegetables and protein and healthy fats and this book teaches people how to read food labels and understand carbs per 100g dietary advice guidelines on food packaging. It also teaches and encourages people how to reduce the intake of processed food and develop healthy exercise plans essential for a low-carb diabetes-friendly weight loss diet

Johnny - that is an excellent book you have been gifted, and the recipes are very good too - especially for someone like you who enjoys creating his own food.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh little one is not well again. Nasty temperature and vomiting Calpol. He's slept off. No school today for him.
Older boy is just about to spring into life.
Hands full but just an update. I'm having a more thorough endoscopy soon for details of where my upper gastric bleeding is coming from.
Have a good day, everyone! Fbg in 5s still.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
10 days on and think I’m beginning to recover. Still feel tired and not a lot of energy. Light headed when sat or stood up. I know Ron will be happy when I’m fully recovered as his legs are beginning to feel it .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
10 days on and think I’m beginning to recover. Still feel tired and not a lot of energy. Light headed when sat or stood up. I know Ron will be happy when I’m fully recovered as his legs are beginning to feel it .
My aunty was wiped out with hers too. I've had my flu jab but I've heard some still catching this batch or flu even after jab.
I'm pleased your recovering. I'm back to see surgeon for another endoscopy this week. Hoping he removes bleeding cause. Biopsies came back clear but cause of bleed not biopsied yet. I feel hopeful this week.
Tell Ron we are asking after him ( @eldergarth )

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Unfortunately Ron (@eldergarth) doesn’t come on here anymore. He can’t remember his log in details plus he finds it hard to write what he wants to say to people . He puts that down to brain fog. It also makes him very fatigued . If anyone wants to send a message to him then feel free to message me and I will pass it on to him . He’s taking each day as it comes pottering around . He does get out of breath quite quickly just walking around to gate and back . That also applies to walking from room to room .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Unfortunately Ron (@eldergarth) doesn’t come on here anymore. He can’t remember his log in details plus he finds it hard to write what he wants to say to people . He puts that down to brain fog. It also makes him very fatigued . If anyone wants to send a message to him then feel free to message me and I will pass it on to him . He’s taking each day as it comes pottering around . He does get out of breath quite quickly just walking around to gate and back . That also applies to walking from room to room .
I'm sure they will @tina_marie. :) :) :)
Any good news lately?