Air bubbles in Medtronic

Soupdragon123

Hi Has anyone struggled with air bubbles causing an issue with insulin delivery? I have been on the pump for over a year, but the past month or so has been a nightmare. I have phoned Medtronic a couple of times now, but I can’t seem to get this issue sorted. Generally on the second day after a set change my blood sugars rocket due to an air bubble causing a blockage. I am careful purging at the start, I have doubled checked how I complete a set change. It seems fine but then the bubbles appear at some point. Latest advice is to stop wearing the pump in my bra to keep things cooler. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had problems with air bubbles when I first started. I was doing everything I was told to but still got bubbles. The only thing that worked was tapping ( with something like a pen) as much as possible to rid the reservoir of even the tiniest bubbles. When removing reservoir from blue connector, keep it upright and tap on a horizontal surface to force remaining bubbles to the top. Leave the reservoir standing upright for 5 minutes before attaching the tubing. Keep reservoir upright while attaching tubing, then push plunger till insulin enters tubing for a couple of inches. Again tap reservoir to move more bubbles up then push them into tubing. Continue doing this till no more bubbles are pushed out. Only then, put reservoir into pump.

Soupdragon123

I had problems with air bubbles when I first started. I was doing everything I was told to but still got bubbles. The only thing that worked was tapping ( with something like a pen) as much as possible to rid the reservoir of even the tiniest bubbles. When removing reservoir from blue connector, keep it upright and tap on a horizontal surface to force remaining bubbles to the top. Leave the reservoir standing upright for 5 minutes before attaching the tubing. Keep reservoir upright while attaching tubing, then push plunger till insulin enters tubing for a couple of inches. Again tap reservoir to move more bubbles up then push them into tubing. Continue doing this till no more bubbles are pushed out. Only then, put reservoir into pump.

Thanks Dancer, I seem to have made an improvement by keeping the pump horizontal in a belt rather than upside down in my bra. Plus Medtronic replaced the reservoirs. Thankyou for your advice.