What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Horrible night of vomiting and diarrohea between 3 and 7am but after a shower at 8am and change of pjs I have had a sofa day and not looked back. Dont know what caused it as had omelette for dinner but I spent a few hours in Sainsburys cafe yesterday so may have picked up a germ there.
Today’s food has been a slice of LivLife toast twice with tea.
Am feeling fine now so am having courgetti with a small amount of Bolognese soon.

Oh no! How horrible for you, I’m glad you feel better now.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Greek yoghurt, coconut chia pudding and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: salted caramel phd bar and black coffee.
Dinner: Bacon melts with cauliflower and brocolli followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
(Tuna melts recipe but son was in for dinner and doesn’t like tuna, so subbed with bacon!)

4577F1E4-ABD4-45F8-9CE4-388070DC2396.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
What is it? I want it!
Me too. Looks delicious.
Would it work spooned on to a baking tray or in ramekins? Have a few of those acquired with goodies inside, now lurking in the cupboards. But cake tins ec are still packed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B- coffee
L - bolognese (no pasta obvs!)
D- not really!
Apple and peanut butter, 2 veggie sausages.

But... cooking win! Coconut macaroons!
Desiccated coconut folded in to whisked egg white, baked and then drizzled with dark chocolate. Pleased. Now two 'sweet' treats on my list.
Think I might make rhese

Reactions: mouseee

Winnie-the-Pooh

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Greek yoghurt, coconut chia pudding and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: salted caramel phd bar and black coffee.
Dinner: Bacon melts with cauliflower and brocolli followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
(Tuna melts recipe but son was in for dinner and doesn’t like tuna, so subbed with bacon!)

View attachment 38546

Can I go to your house for dinner ?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
12-02-2020
@PenguinMum hope you are recovering from that horrible bug. Best not visit that cafe again.
@Annb was it the storm caused your power cut? Quite agree about warm drinks on cold days.
Food yesterday( it's now 13th)
Breakfast. CWC x2. Nut granola. Microwave scrambled eggs again, I had forgotten how quick and easy they are. And delicious too with a really good knob of butter added.
Chunk of cheese again. Wanted to get that box of grated cheese refilled. But with all the chaos in the kitchen, box lid has been mislaid.
Lunch. Ham and cheese again. Lettuce with lashings of mayonnaise, piece of tomato, end of the cucumber, no radish today we finished those already. CWC.
Dinner. Pork chop, no potatoes, steamed leeks and brocolli, veg were seriously overcooked as we had video call from grandchildren just at the critical moment. We never refuse a call from them. Raspberries, yoghurt and cream. Intended to be after lunch. But got somehow forgotten. Think that was a phone call again. One glass of wine. That also got forgotten as I was still painting. Trip to UK now definitely on for Monday. Might as well be Sunday as it's an early start. So now packing and lists will take over. Mr Slims birthday tomorrow. He wants me to make pancakes. Think its going to be crêpes Suzette again. Yum.
Storm Dennis made a brief appearance here. Back to windy and wet. With snow and hail thrown in, but no damage this time. Thankful for that. With the freezer malfunction, maggots, scaffold collapse and running out of gas we have lurched from one crisis to another all week. Has definitely had an impact on work rate. Causing both of us to extend the working day by a couple of hours. I need to get the kitchen units painted before we go. Because I still have issues with the shoulder can only do limited amount each day. I worked late, because I went shopping, needed to catch up. Very little done outside today/ yesterday.. which is my main exercise so , with late meal and wine, pod chance FBG will be higher than I would like.

Lemon tea mostly through the day.

Last edited:

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 13/02/2020
Today was a good day, got a haircut, went to pick up bread, the health food store didn't have the sourdough version, so I had to pick up the non-sourdough sprouted bread version. Still good and yummy.

Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 170g full fat Greek yogurt, 46g blueberries. 5 white coffee 20ml milk in each

Lunch: 74g khorasan sprouted bread (non sourdough version), 145g tomato raw, 95 cucumber raw, 34g maasdam chese, 100g tripple smoked ham, mustard, salt, 1 white coffee 20ml milk.

Dinner: 3XL eggs, 190g fresh broccoli, 2 white corn tortilla, 20ml salsa.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
12-02-2020
@PenguinMum hope you are recovering from that horrible bug. Best not visit that cafe again.
@Annb was it the storm caused your power cut? Quite agree about warm drinks on cold days.

Actually the storm didn't have any effect on our power supply - it really wasn't all that bad here. No it was calm but cold - just about zero. That 's why I was surprised that the power went off. Maybe everyone else turning lights on at the same time, but that happens every day, so can't think it would have been that.

Had a discussion with both sons today about storms and I opined that giving the storms names makes them into evil entities and frightens people, so I think it is a bad idea. Both of them kind of agreed and Neil thought it was an idea from meteorologist to make people take more notice of them (the met people not the storms) and we all agreed that, in Britain at least, while it has been wetter, it has probably not really been all that much windier than in many years past. When my husband was at sea, storms and hurricanes were not given names - they were referred to in meteorological terms or just as "typhoons", "hurricanes" or "storms" and seafarers took note but everyone else just got on with life. It seems to be a fairly recent phenomenon. However, to be honest, I can't take Atlantic storm "Dennis" seriously. "Dennis" is not, to me, a threatening name, however much newsreaders and weather forecasters keep on about it.

Lunch today at 1.30 was more of the chicken wings from last night - cold this time.
Tonight's meal will be fried gammon with more of the veg left over from yesterday.
Pic (below I hope) is the wings and veg ready to serve.

wings and veg.JPG

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OMAD today. Partly planned and partly events dear boy, events. Meal was short ribs in IP. Some chestnut mushrooms, carrot and swede in there with W... beef stock (>0.55 carb) and gravy granules (Morrisons) on a bed (seriously?) of cabbage sauteed in butter. By 6.30 I was so hungry most things would have been tasty but that was pleasantish and I'm no fan of short ribs. To be honest I think I have missed gravy powder/granules so much that could be the reason. New kitchen appliances safely here ready for installation tomorrow. Highlights of the day were Julie buying me a shooting stick:happy: for Valentines present (I bought her some earrings) and checking out a shed which looks spiffing:happy::happy::happy:. @SlimLizzy what a trooper you are.

Last edited: