Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
BG control seems to have gone out the window at the mo - nothing too extreme (I lie!) but for example after yesterday morning waking with high BG the correction just bought it down to the top of normal range, then lunch with more correction didn't help at all and it continued to climb so by home time I was 16.something so did a correction (6u which would have normally dropped me to 8-10mmol) and then went home, come tea/dinner/supper time I was 4.something and dropping sharply - hey ho today is another day and although woke slightly high this morning(10.6) it was a steady levelish graph over night and now sitting at 6.2.

I'll put it down to 'stress' at work which has now been dealt with and sorted - not that I usually stress about work, I work to live not live to work.........!

Reactions: porl69

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all,
All this hype about the virus worrying me too now, but no reported cases here, yet.

Reading news feeling really sorry for Chinese people experiencing harassment in England though.
Hi,

Yeah, that stuff.. Somewhat reminds me of the HIV homophobia in the 80s..?
& oddly enough, a little like the report in one paper. I was once harassed (a colleague.) getting in a in a lift.
I "offered" the guy up while the door was shut. Inviting him to deal the first blow.

Was I fighting for my orientation? Lol, no. He was mistaken.
I just wanted him to think twice before trying it again, with someone else..

I'll informed & Dumb..

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Yeah, that stuff.. Somewhat reminds me of the HIV homophobia in the 80s..?
& oddly enough, a little like the report in one paper. I was once harassed (a colleague.) getting in a in a lift.
I "offered" the guy up while the door was shut. Inviting him to deal the first blow.

Was I fighting for my orientation? Lol, no. He was mistaken.
I just wanted him to think twice before trying it again, with someone else..

I'll informed & Dumb..
Yep, exactly like this.
Feels really close to home for me.
Whenever some idiot does something awful in the name of my religion as a visible Muslim woman you should see/hear the looks and comments I get.

Reactions: porl69

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
BG control seems to have gone out the window at the mo - nothing too extreme (I lie!) but for example after yesterday morning waking with high BG the correction just bought it down to the top of normal range, then lunch with more correction didn't help at all and it continued to climb so by home time I was 16.something so did a correction (6u which would have normally dropped me to 8-10mmol) and then went home, come tea/dinner/supper time I was 4.something and dropping sharply - hey ho today is another day and although woke slightly high this morning(10.6) it was a steady levelish graph over night and now sitting at 6.2.

I'll put it down to 'stress' at work which has now been dealt with and sorted - not that I usually stress about work, I work to live not live to work.........!
So odd, you could be describing my bg levels for the last couple days. I've had almost exactly the same as you. So annoying
I hate waking up with high bg. Feels like I spend the whole day chasing it .

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, exactly like this.
Feels really close to home for me.
Whenever some idiot does something awful in the name of my religion as a visible Muslim woman you should see/hear the looks and comments I get.

Fully understood,

Spending 3 years at a Surrey dance school & being an injector didn't help.. I used to work during the summer breaks.
I had a lovely anonymous note pushed through the open sunroof on my car at work..
Whoever the "wellwisher" was, realy took the time out to do the research & consult a dictionary... ;)

Reactions: porl69 and Mad76

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good aftermorning all

@karen8967 good to hear you have options for a different pump AND big congrats on your numbers in range

Altered my night time basal settings last night.....just a very small bit.....woke to an 11.5 this morning grrrrr!!!! All I had for tea was egg and chips and a slice of bread and butter

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good aftermorning all

@karen8967 good to hear you have options for a different pump AND big congrats on your numbers in range

Altered my night time basal settings last night.....just a very small bit.....woke to an 11.5 this morning grrrrr!!!! All I had for tea was egg and chips and a slice of bread and butter
Thanks porl69 x

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
A bit of a rocky week due to hormones and food cravings. I received my letter for a follow up appointment for my pump. So far I quite like it, not quite loving it. Hormones did make it difficult to manage in auto mode.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m just facing a lot of pain with the mios and sensors. I honestly feel like Dexcom and libre feels more gentle. My last infusion site was uncomfortable, there was no kinks, it was working well but after 2 days I had to change it. I got a lump and a dark bruise underneath. So far I’ve not come across any infections, it’s just painful sites. :(

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m just facing a lot of pain with the mios and sensors. I honestly feel like Dexcom and libre feels more gentle. My last infusion site was uncomfortable, there was no kinks, it was working well but after 2 days I had to change it. I got a lump and a dark bruise underneath. So far I’ve not come across any infections, it’s just painful sites. :(
Big hugs. Do you have a new box with a different lot number, just in case the box of cannulas you're using is faulty. I've had that a couple of times in all the years I've had a pump.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I have a sore site to night - did a set change of a painful site and now have another with BG levels running at 13+ it will be an hour at least before I can do another set change, painful sites are awful...

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes they are, hugs to you too. I've got a sore site tonight as well, it must be something in the water!! So frustrating when you have 2 painful sites in a row, and I then start to get anxious in case the next one is painful too. Don't know about you, but sometimes when I remove a painful cannula, the pain eases but is still there for some time, and I can often find it hard to know where to put a cannula in. Can't use my legs as blood sugars rocket.

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear this, I know nothing about pumps, hope you manage to find a less painful site

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@Hopeful34 Generally its pot luck finding a good site !! Just got back home and levels are now dropping below 9 so finally got them down but site is still sore. I can’t use anywhere else because of the tubing and prefer to keep the pump in a waist belt so cannula lengths are really short - did try a love handle once but it kept waking me up so now it’s all done on my tum.

Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Juicyj It is potluck sometimes isn't it? I still place my pods on my abdomen and will look at past marks and alternate left to right top to bottom. But I have a couple of places that they just don't work as well, but it's not a defined area I can't just say not this spot? I suppose I could try to take permanent marker lol to myself but you know....................

Reactions: Juicyj

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
I'll be wearing the 5 badge again. I put it down to fish and cake for supper. Not on the same plate obviously

Reactions: slip

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As a non-pumper and it being early morning when I started to read the thread I was thinking but this here is a good site...........:shifty::hilarious:

BGs still not behaving, :sour:

Reactions: SueJB

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, just checking in. Lots of pump niggles for you all, it seems. Sending hugs for those who need one.

Not running terribly smoothly here either, a concatenation of lingering lurgy, poor sleep, exams and essays, hormones and a few other bits and pieces. Loop is managing pretty well, but still not as well as an actual pancreas; running 7s and 8s as opposed to my usual 4s and 5s atm. On the bright side, the essay has been submitted (not due until the 26th but I didn’t want it hovering over me, as it’s done), I passed my practical exams yesterday, so it’s just two to go. An anatomy/physiology paper on Tuesday and a drug dosing one on Friday. Plus a full timetable of lectures in between, and a day with the fire brigade learning how to extricate a patient from an RTC. And then I’m out on placement the week after until Easter!