Crying

CazzaW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good for you. If you are testing your glucose levels with a meter, download the mysugr app to track. Record your food, carbs and readings. After a few days it will give you an estimated hba1c reading. Highly motivating.

Thank you, downloading now.

mouseee

Another teacher here.... I have a freezer full of low carb meals for lunches and make low carb bits for treats. It's another thing to add to your busy life but worth it! Got 2 others on low carb now just for the weight loss!

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Also, over and above your excellent short-term results and all the sensible advice that forumites have given, you have suddenly caused real disruption to your body metabolism. As you are an insulin-dependent T2 and on the maximum dose of Metformin (is this correct?) then rapidly reducing both carb and calorie intake has inevitably led to imbalances. Over time things should stabilise and you should be able to reduce your medication. A new doctor may be much more supportive with this!!!

Reactions: CazzaW

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Also, over and above your excellent short-term results and all the sensible advice that forumites have given, you have suddenly caused real disruption to your body metabolism. As you are an insulin-dependent T2 and on the maximum dose of Metformin (is this correct?) then rapidly reducing both carb and calorie intake has inevitably led to imbalances. Over time things should stabilise and you should be able to reduce your medication. A new doctor may be much more supportive with this!!!
I can’t see anything suggesting insulin use. Maybe avatar status gremlin again?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OP, cazzaW is profiled as insulin-dependent T2 hence my query
That’s my point. To me the op is profiled as just T2. There’s a gremlin in the system that causes that.
@CazzaW if you go to personal details and go to the drop down box for diabetes type you might see 2 different “type 2” options that apparently look identical. Choose the other one (second one down) and see if that fixes things.

Reactions: CazzaW

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
That’s my point. To me the op is profiled as just T2. There’s a gremlin in the system that causes that.
@CazzaW if you go to personal details and go to the drop down box for diabetes type you might see 2 different “type 2” options that apparently look identical. Choose the other one (second one down) and see if that fixes things.
Ah, those little gremlins get everywhere! Beastly little critters!

CazzaW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you everyone. Not insulin dependent, but on 2000mg metformin ie the max - I’ll wrestle with the settings!