Diet only

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
I will be attending this tomorrow. I do hope she is not a CICO devotee. Perhaps I can ask some questions at the end.

http://www.ncsem-em.org.uk/research/public-lecture-type-2-diabetes-reversal-fact-or-fiction/
The lecture will start at 5;30pm and is presented by Dr Baldry, Senior Clinical research Dietitian from University of Leicester. The lecture will last around 40mins, after which there will be an opportunity for Q&A from the audience.
As a living example I would hope your presence would be of considerable interest to her and the audience! Hope it's a good lecture.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could you ask if it’s recorded and shareable/accessible maybe?

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm back from the lecture. I am afraid she focused on the Newcastle diet. I spoke to her afterwards and showed her my before/after pictures and figures. She was encouraging and some of the other attendees wanted to see them so I was able to promote LCHF. Some of them took my e-mail address.

Reactions: HSSS and Goonergal

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On the plus side even if it’s the Newcastle diet just getting people believing type 2 can be anything other than progressive andt that diet can be the difference is a start. Well done for getting the LCHF message heard though.

Anniya84

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Food that is killing me slowly
Newcastle diet isn't a lifestyle and therefore unsustainable. I've lost a lot of weight and lowered my HbA1C without it, just by eating low carb. My endocrinologist said he didn't agree that shocking the system with such a low calorie diet is by any means healthy. It messes with hormones and could even do further damage.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm back from the lecture. I am afraid she focused on the Newcastle diet. I spoke to her afterwards and showed her my before/after pictures and figures. She was encouraging and some of the other attendees wanted to see them so I was able to promote LCHF. Some of them took my e-mail address.

Did you perchance talk to her about fasting at all? Did she mention it?

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you perchance talk to her about fasting at all? Did she mention it?

Didn't really get a chance as she focused on Newcastle. I asked what the results are for the people who took part and she said it will be published later this year. We will wait to see if this actually happens.