Im new

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well I'm not type 1 Emily, but as no-one replied yet, let me welcome you to the forum: there are loads of great type 1 posters on this site, and I'm sure they'll be along to share advice and experiences soon!

Reactions: mike@work

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another type 2 here- but there is a section of the forum specifically for type 1 and some other sections you may find interesting

Welcome.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello my name is Emily. Ive had type 1 diabetes since 2 1/2 years old and im 22 now so ive basically had it my whole life im just looking to maybe meet some other people with type 1 diabetes who know what im going through im looking forwards to being a part of this forum
Aaaand another T2. I know, the place is lousy with us. But there's plenty of T1's to go around, no worries.

Anyway, welcome!
Jo

mike@work

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello there @Emily123045 , and welcome:)

Usually takes me too long time to write down a few sentences, that I'm seldom the first one to say hello - usually at least Jo, is a lot faster in answering than me ;)
But over to you. Do you have some specific questions, or do you just peek in to say hello, and follow some discussions?
In any case, feel free to express yourself, and I'll at the same time, tag a few T1s that are often participating...
Tagging @Juicyj , @Robinredbreast , and @Rokaab this time, to get some action here...

Thank you all T2s, who were alert...

Last edited:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome @Emily123045 :)

I am only 8 years diagnosed, and was diagnosed aged 38 so a bit of a shock !! Now a pumper and Dexcom G6 user, what's in your tool bag ?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Emily123045,
I was also diagnosed when I was about 2 1/2 (though some decades before you) so also have no idea about life without diabetes and may well have been through similar issues.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello my name is Emily. Ive had type 1 diabetes since 2 1/2 years old and im 22 now so ive basically had it my whole life im just looking to maybe meet some other people with type 1 diabetes who know what im going through im looking forwards to being a part of this forum

Hi Emily and a big welcome to the forum. This is my 31st year and like you, my granddaughter was diagnosed at 2 1/2 years old, so I can fully understand where you are coming from, she is 11 now.
Have a good look around at the sections on the forum and ask any questions, as someone will be along with help, support and advice.
Take care x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello there @Emily123045 , and welcome:)

Usually takes me too long time to write down a few sentences, that I'm seldom the first one to say hello - usually at least Jo, is a lot faster in answering than me ;)
But over to you. Do you have some specific questions, or do you just peek in to say hello, and follow some discussions?
In any case, feel free to express yourself, and I'll at the same time, tag a few T1s that are often participating...
Tagging @Juicyj , @Robinredbreast , and @Rokaab this time, to get some action here...

Thank you all T2s, who were alert...

Thank you @mike@work for your tag :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi @Emily123045 ,

Welcome to the forum.

Sometimes it can be a lonely life being the only D in the village.
Strangely, the last few years I've been upto my eyeballs with T1s socially..

Glad your here meeting up with others. Ask anything you want!

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What took you so long to peek in? A very warm welcome to you to this mine of information. No question is too silly to ask. Just make sure you open every notification you receive and be amazed at what thousands of your fellow sufferers have to say!

margamandan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello fellow type 1.
Welcome to the forum.

It took me a while to come and join, and even then, I'm not always here.

I recently started attending a diabetes UK local group, you should see if you have one local to you.

Hope you enjoy the forum

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello fellow type 1.
Welcome to the forum.

It took me a while to come and join, and even then, I'm not always here.

I recently started attending a diabetes UK local group, you should see if you have one local to you.

Hope you enjoy the forum
Theres local groups? o_O im also newly diagnosed, welcome to the forums :)

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi razzamuffin, yes mate. I didn't know for a long time

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/how_we_help

I typed in diabetes uk local groups and my county

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.diabetes.org.uk/in_your_area?amp

The second link is regional and can help you find your local group and info:)

How are you finding it all?
Will look at the links now lol

I got diagnosed on new years eve and what not so i found it really depressing, not coping well atm because of the honeymoon phase so insulin has been a nightmare.

How are you coping? Do you carb count yet? :)

margamandan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes I'm OK, sometimes I get down. I find work difficult at times, but that's the physicality of it really.

I try to carb count, but it's not always accurate, and if I'm away with work it's a nightmare guessing.

Have you started counting? It's a gd guideline to use