What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you a calm and serene setting in my favourite blues and greens. I have the giant fishfingers (Wait**** are best) because there is less breadcrumb to fish ratio but there may be other versions. I love them and rhey are not disastrous.
Thanks @PenguinMum
I will have a look. I am still in search for my perfect fish finger....

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
there is a thread about the good chance the government will begin limiting meat in our diet via institutions.. And then via raised taxes, on meat and farmers to 'persuade' us all to eat less meat and essentially go vegetarian in time.
A new challenge in our life is that my sons new partner is Vegan and she's arriving here with the rest of our family for a meal tomorrow evening, now that's a new challenge for Mrs MC and I especially as we only prepare fresh food. We purchased some Olive Spread for making Pastry and PUdding then read it contains whey so that's no go. So I have decided on Stuffed Peppers and managed to buy Vegan Cheese, don't ask, our weekly family meals are suddenly becoming more challenging. Still good practice for the demise of meat and dairy.

Reactions: Ryhia and jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bright and glorious start in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of standing most of the time due to a cry baby of a hip slotted in at 4.1 this am.

Lots of catching up to do but had to skip a load, standing up at the kitchen work surface is a bit of a pain, so to speak, so sorry if I am not replying. Physio at 1330 - deep joy.

Have as wonderful a day as you can, no cards or flowers for us today , we are thankful for finding each other constantly.

Koffy - must have koffy.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The store I mentioned does 6 cod in crumb or 6 haddock in batter (slightly lower carb). Theres a box of both in freezer chez PM always.
I have to restrict myself when I shop in that store...I spend far too much just get completely carried away...I love how they present the food...the atmosphere...the quality...the thing that concerns me is the price!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bright and glorious start in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of standing most of the time due to a cry baby of a hip slotted in at 4.1 this am.

Lots of catching up to do but had to skip a load, standing up at the kitchen work surface is a bit of a pain, so to speak, so sorry if I am not replying. Physio at 1330 - deep joy.

Have as wonderful a day as you can, no cards or flowers for us today , we are thankful for finding each other constantly.

Koffy - must have koffy.
Hope physio goes as well as those events can and the intended benefits are fully realised. Great fbg and being constantly thankful for finding each other is proper chicken soup for the soul.

Reactions: Ryhia and jjraak

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, good to see you in this thread young man. I guess Lord I may have "come into some money" as they say:angelic:
strange thats brought a few other memories back another one and i must have been about three years old , we were driving to or from my grand parents they lived on the left hand side if you are coming from the lakenheath main gates towards five ways, before the eriswell turn there is some distintly twisted pine trees (or there was six years ago}i had to have a wee..standing outside our black car and weeing into a discarded saucepan..those trees are engrained in my memory hope theyre still there..
my mum was living there during the war and recalled counting the lancaster bombers taking off and returning...oviously as you know less returned...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
strange thats brought a few other memories back another one and i must have been about three years old , we were driving to or from my grand parents they lived on the left hand side if you are coming from the lakenheath main gates towards five ways, before the eriswell turn there is some distintly twisted pine trees (or there was six years ago}i had to have a wee..standing outside our black car and weeing into a discarded saucepan..those trees are engrained in my memory hope theyre still there..
my mum was living there during the war and recalled counting the lancaster bombers taking off and returning...oviously as you know less returned...
Hope the memory is happy for you. I like Eriswell but no suitable property was on the market. N0 3 son bought one of the modernised houses that were part of base accommodation. We will be there this evening probably going past the very same trees. Small world as they say.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @PenguinMum
I will have a look. I am still in search for my perfect fish finger....
The best way IMHO is Birdseye cod originals between two slices of white bloomer bread and salad cream....but of course that's not allowed now maybe I will designate it my last meal. o_O

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Birdseye cod originals between two slices of white bloomer bread and salad cream....but of course that's not allowed now maybe I will designate it my last meal.
Yes with a little splash of 'rocking horse' for me please

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...great (unplanned) excitement here yesterday evening as I was helping Liv with her homework...as we finished 'Plumpy' arrived at the back door crying desperately to come in...we're doing staged introductions with Harry & the kittens..so in comes Harry got him settled in his chair the beasties were looking on with interest...all was going well until I turned round and stepped on the beasts ball tower a kind of Helter Skelter contraption with balls that whizz round...BOOM! straight down to the floor right onto my left knee thankfully not the dodgy one...poor Liv didn't know what to do...Harry decided he would save me leapt off his chair jumped on me licking & slobbering furiously doing his best first aid work...the kittens fled...Liv wasn't sure whether to rescue me from Harry or the floor...like a Laurel & Hardy short film...finally got to my feet bruised but intact...then the laughing began...needed several glasses of prosecco with Liv's mum to fully recover...possibly the reason for my 6.8 on waking?
Hope your 'good knee ' recovers quickly. Well done to Harry for his first aid efforts. They clearly worked really well.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. The sun is shining through the clouds and I can see blue patches in the sky.:happy: My fbs was 9.0 at 7.45 am. :banghead: Still strugglig with a swollen, sore mouth and feeling wobbly so finally gave in and made an appointment to see a GP later this morning. (It has been 6 weeks now since it started and I haven't been able to beat it by myself). :(
Just been catching up on yesterday's posts from you all as we were out doing our volunteering and visiting mum so not much spare time. What interesting lives you all lead. Best wishes for the week-end everyone. Stay warm, dry and safe.:)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Need to try to catch up on you all later, but hope everyone is ok including all animal children. Speak to you later. Cx

EDIT to say, for those of an artistic bent, you missed a beautiful morning sunrise in my neck of the woods, bright turquoise skies with salmon coloured clouds. Couldn't help but admire even though it reminds me of the rhyme "red sky in the morning shepherd's warning!"

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. The sun is shining through the clouds and I can see blue patches in the sky.:happy: My fbs was 9.0 at 7.45 am. :banghead: Still strugglig with a swollen, sore mouth and feeling wobbly so finally gave in and made an appointment to see a GP later this morning. (It has been 6 weeks now since it started and I haven't been able to beat it by myself). :(
Just been catching up on yesterday's posts from you all as we were out doing our volunteering and visiting mum so not much spare time. What interesting lives you all lead. Best wishes for the week-end everyone. Stay warm, dry and safe.:)
Hope your GP can sort your sore mouth.
Edited to correct predictive text error.