Insulin Pump Recalls

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
A friend posted this on facebook. Make of it what you will.

This is in the USA

The Food and Drug Administration has issued a recall for an insulin pump that thousands of people use with Type 1 diabetes.

The recall is centered around certain Medtronic MiniMed 600 series insulin pumps.

One person has died, 2,175 people have received injuries and there have been more than 26,000 complaints, according to a statement released by the FDA.

Medtronic is recalling the specified insulin pumps due to a missing or broken retainer ring. That ring helps lock the insulin cartridge into place, according to the FDA.

Medtronic said, if the cartridge is not locked into place, the device may under or over-deliver the correct amount of insulin, which could result in hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.

Severe hyperglycemia can result in a loss of consciousness, seizure, and death, according to the FDA

The recall products include:

MiniMed 600 Series Insulin Pumps

Model 630G (MMT-1715) - all lots before October 2019

Model 670G (MMT-1780) - all lots before August 2019

Distribution Dates:

Model 630G - September 2016 to October 2019

Model 670G - June 2017 to August 2019

Devices Recalled in the U.S.: 322,005

Date Initiated by Firm: November 21, 2019

Medtronic notified affected costumers and health care providers are working with those patients.

https://nbc25news.com/news/healthy-...ACUqHlmf-TOYBQl34s9ipj9hd6PQIAqPh16EiZeh6cvGs

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A friend posted this on facebook. Make of it what you will.

This is in the USA

The Food and Drug Administration has issued a recall for an insulin pump that thousands of people use with Type 1 diabetes.

The recall is centered around certain Medtronic MiniMed 600 series insulin pumps.

One person has died, 2,175 people have received injuries and there have been more than 26,000 complaints, according to a statement released by the FDA.

Medtronic is recalling the specified insulin pumps due to a missing or broken retainer ring. That ring helps lock the insulin cartridge into place, according to the FDA.

Medtronic said, if the cartridge is not locked into place, the device may under or over-deliver the correct amount of insulin, which could result in hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.

Severe hyperglycemia can result in a loss of consciousness, seizure, and death, according to the FDA

The recall products include:

MiniMed 600 Series Insulin Pumps

Model 630G (MMT-1715) - all lots before October 2019

Model 670G (MMT-1780) - all lots before August 2019

Distribution Dates:

Model 630G - September 2016 to October 2019

Model 670G - June 2017 to August 2019

Devices Recalled in the U.S.: 322,005

Date Initiated by Firm: November 21, 2019

Medtronic notified affected costumers and health care providers are working with those patients.

https://nbc25news.com/news/healthy-...ACUqHlmf-TOYBQl34s9ipj9hd6PQIAqPh16EiZeh6cvGs
Thanks - not my pump but good to be aware. I would assume that if any of these pumps were in the UK a similar product recall would be issued.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Thanks - not my pump but good to be aware. I would assume that if any of these pumps were in the UK a similar product recall would be issued.

I would assume so also, but posted this anyway, just in case. And some members here are from the US. Thought it was worth posting.

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
I received a notification from Medtronic before Christmas. Basically, if the reservoir holder on the pump has a crack in it, it may not hold the reservoir steady, giving under or over doses of insulin. The letter asked me to look and check, and if it didn't look right, to inform them and send the pump back.

So it's not a recall, but advice to check your pump. (Mines fine).