Scrambled eggs

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
I wonder how many opinions I’m going to get here. Type 2 & doing very well, blood back in “normal range” according to DN. Had a chest infection recently and ashamed to say I didn’t eat too well and came away from my LCHF way of life. Yes I’m Male & was feeling sorry for myself . I’m back onto it & the other day I was looking for something to eat so I scrambled 4 large free range eggs with a nice bit of Kerrygold butter, pinch of salt, pinch of black pepper. Stunningly delicious. I had a thought of taking 4 eggs & a bit of Kerrygold to work every day as I absolutely love eggs and scrambled eggs are so easy in a microwave. I Googled to see if this was okay & you’d have thought I’d asked if it was okay to eat a human. Oh my days, if I eat more than 1 a day my life will be shortened with heart disease & if I’m Diabetic I must avoid eggs. Personally it’s a 2 finger job but I always welcome any advice from this great site

Reactions: DJC3

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I think your proposed use of multiple fingers is spot on.

Eggs are good; scrambled eggs with butter are even better.
LCHF and keto both recommend them.

Sounds like you have an outstanding strategy for your lunches. :)

Reactions: DJC3

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds delicious to me. Eggs are a cornerstone of my diet....filling and healthy.

M

Member496333

I double dip on the yolks. For every egg, I add another yolk. So I end up with twice as many yolks as whites. It's the wave of the future. Makes regular scrambled eggs taste like water by comparison :hungry:

Reactions: francesk

Metabolism_Boss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV shows. Celebrities that are famous for being famous
I add a drop of cream to mine, then whisking up the eggs, salt and pepper and then adding a knob of butter or three before cooking. I like them with low rusk sausages for breakfast or supper.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If eggs were bad they would not make chickens out of them. ( eggs of other species are available, many just as delicious and nourishing)

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Thank you all so very much. This is why I love this site so much. I did drop off a bit by convincing myself it was okay to have an egg & bacon baguette once a week but then you get that craving for bread again so I need a kick up the bum again hence why I posted. Reassurance from my forum friends, spot on. Have a great weekend all

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You can make quite a good low carb loaf at home using wheat gluten to get it to rise.

MetabolicJim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eggs are a source of choline, which I believe is supposed to help with fatty liver. At least that’s what I tell myself as I eat them for breakfast.

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
I don’t know if that is scientific or not but it will do for me lol

D

Deleted member 308541

I have a three egg, cheese and mushroom omelette every day.

VO3RzFh.jpg

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Don’t have the opportunity to do that at work but looks absolutely delicious

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Soft boiled eggs with asparagus soldiers. Add salt, black pepper and knobs of butter strategically.

If you are flush, you could get one of those tiny jars of truffles. Grate a bit on top and enjoy.

Smoked salmon. Check for sugar content. Finely slice and add to eggs.

Options are endless.

Reactions: Hotpepper20000

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
All looks fantastic apart from smoked salmon. I think you can get microwave omelette dishes so I could try that. I’ve been taking boiled eggs to work but getting boring now. I always start the day with black coffee with 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil which kicks my day off. If I have scrambled eggs or an omelette at 13.00hrs & then my meat & greens at night I think I’m sorted. I try to have a yoghurt after dinner which I make with the Easiyo kit. Around 20.00hrs it’s normally a nice mug of nettle tea.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Eggs are fine and anyone saying they aren't suitable with diabetes is seriously mis-informed. Also the fat you eat has only a small impact on heart disease. The liver decides on what cholesterol is in the blood and carbs are one big source.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love eggs.
Can’t make a decent omelette to save my life, but I am ace at scrambling!

I do a variety of different ones:
Herby (chopped herbs kept in freezer ready for use whenever I want)
Chilli (chopped frozen chillis, plus a cheeky squeeze of sweet chilli sauce)
Diced chorizo
Sliced mattersons sausage

i use a dab of butter in the pan, and a dash of cream in the beaten eggs, good quality salt and freshly ground black pepper. Garlic goes in any of ‘em.

regarding egg numbers... well, my guts rebel if I eat more than around 3 a day :D but I couldn’t enjoy them if I had them every day. Usually save them for weekend brekkies.