What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There I was, in the seafood aisle at the grocery store, looking for fish fingers ("fish sticks" in American ;) )
when I saw, not shooting sticks, but

httpss3.amazonaws.comfoodservicedirect.comproductimageslargenff1086073l.jpg

So I left them for @ianpspurs and went and bought some cod toes for the KittenCat and myself.
^. .^

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just returned from a wonderful night out with 12 friends, lots of good company some 30 miles into the depths of Shropshire. A selection of home made Pate including a cheese one to start served with home baked bread, yes I know, venison hotpot, veg of all sorts, a selection of Puddings all home made, as much wine as you could drink, I was driving so only a smigin for me. On my return Dracula delivered 5.4 not bad, be interesting to see what Morning brings.

For those with an eye out for Dennis the Menace it's as calm as a mill pond here at the moment.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just returned from a wonderful night out with 12 friends, lots of good company some 30 miles into the depths of Shropshire. A selection of home made Pate including a cheese one to start served with home baked bread, yes I know, venison hotpot, veg of all sorts, a selection of Puddings all home made, as much wine as you could drink, I was driving so only a smigin for me. On my return Dracula delivered 5.4 not bad, be interesting to see what Morning brings.

For those with an eye out for Dennis the Menace it's as calm as a mill pond here at the moment.

I'm glad you had a great evening with your friends. :)
I expect that 12-passenger transport will come in handy for the ZA gathering. ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are afraid of nothing, what we call Rough Diamonds and Brass Necked and there lies the problem.
Still very beautiful though.

What a shame it has fallen into their hands.
At least the bridle ways and paths are still accessible. That would not be the case over here.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That would have been an amazing school for me @ianpspurs
Especially that seating arrangement awareness is good. I was always put at the back of the class because I was the tallest. It was arranged so the tallest pupils were at the back and the shortest at the front. I did explain, to teacher and headmistress and my parents that I couldn't lipread the teacher from the back of the class... but I was ignored. Finally, and I am only 11 or 12 years old, I went to the education offices to explain to them about my deafness and that I couldn't lipread the teacher where I was located in the classroom, and some more bad stuff, and that I had explained to the teacher and the headmistress. All hell broke loose then. And they had to investigate. And the school was investigated. But it didn't achieve anything good for me, it was worse for me afterwards. Even my parents disapproved what I had done.

Obviously I was upset at the time. I can still remember sobbing my heart out, and the feeling of that. But nothing ever cowed me into submission.

So sad. Heartbreaking to think of what you went through

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Indeed..Love the honesty :D

agree on the not feeling hungry..IF you mean like pre DX

now it's more of my body complaining by being sickly that it's time to eat.

usually i may not feel like it, but think i should eat. to prevent that feeling later and to power me up if off out.

other times it's a delight to look forward to my steak etc..which i suppose is appetite rather then hunger..

Which previously would have been my stomach hinting it can't wait until i get home,
But to "BUY something NOW..and eating it FAST... *** " before it was happy..:banghead:

One of the many benefits to my change in diet, i think.

I dont get hungry either. Since going lchf. It was like a switch turning off. I have to eat even when not really hungry as dont want to lose more weight. Great when on holiday. I can over indulge and have no worries about putting on weight if I do add a lb ot 1 I know it will come off instantly when I get back to normal eating.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
have to reluctantly agree, @Debandez

plan seems to be containment, but i guess however...if you really want to come here, you travel to other cities and fly from there, but it does make sense.

Like the idea touted, ...it's no worse then the Flu .(perlease..:rolleyes: )

can't remember the last time a flu epidemic closed down an entire country
and given it's china..( no disrespect meant, just being honest ) the powers that be would be happy to let the people suffer if it meant things stayed the same..

so for them to do something on this scale and at such cost and risk..is unimaginable.
yet they did it....Too little too late, maybe..But one hell of a brave decision.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51449675

Big jump in infected in china..put down to new reporting being more accurate..
so up to now the under reporting means we let others wander around ?

and the idea we can wait this out until summer, doesn't fill me with confidence

It is NOT flu...check the data and it's less death etc..(for now)
the Chinese have got nowhere near on top of this..how could they ?

and the underlying recovered v critical v deaths..is higher then anyone seems to want to report.
around 20%..https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

View attachment 38559

and all those deaths and critical numbers are fine..until it's YOU infected.
not seen much talk of the after effects for those critical but recovered
think malaria/herpes can't be the only diseases to live long after the infection and causesflare ups or issues

in other news Japanese surgeon infected,..was still working for 3 days...
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20200213/k10012284301000.html
may need to translate..cheers google
Flu my backside! I'm obsessed with tracking this virus. I keep up on Twitter. The videos are disturbing. We are not being told the full story that's for sure. Vaccine needed and quickly.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
14th 5.8
15th 4.1! Middle of the night quick test

Eaten so much on this break. Low carb managed quite well which has reflected in my libre graphs. Too much alcohol though me thinks!

Had a wonderful 2 days in Barrow in Furness and now in an Airbnb windermere.

Some pics before I go back to sleep.

Attachments

• 20200213_200429_resized.jpg
    20200213_200429_resized.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 20200213_204715_resized.jpg
    20200213_204715_resized.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 20200214_094229_resized.jpg
    20200214_094229_resized.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 20200214_111102_resized.jpg
    20200214_111102_resized.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 20200214_123144_resized.jpg
    20200214_123144_resized.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 20200213_142743_resized.jpg
    20200213_142743_resized.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 20200214_195151_resized.jpg
    20200214_195151_resized.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 20200213_144422_resized.jpg
    20200213_144422_resized.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 20200214_143055_resized.jpg
    20200214_143055_resized.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 107
  • 20200213_144034_resized.jpg
    20200213_144034_resized.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 114

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
14th 5.8
15th 4.1! Middle of the night quick test

Eaten so much on this break. Low carb managed quite well which has reflected in my libre graphs. Too much alcohol though me thinks!

Had a wonderful 2 days in Barrow in Furness and now in an Airbnb windermere.

Some pics before I go back to sleep.

Great stuff... That all looks gorgeous.. The food made me hungry :***:. And liking the modelling on @SaskiaKC new mattress. LoL

Sounds like you are having a great time.

Enjoyed the post... Thank you for sharing :happy:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello

Thank you for this post
Can I ask if the whole of your feet hurt or just the toes?

I understand when you say that you wanted your toes amputated, with me it’s all of my feet to the ankle I keep saying to my doc to chop the bleeders off

Pain varies from stinging nettle sensation, pins and needles, to stabbing or slicing with a sharp knife

I’ll be looking for Colman’s mustard next time in Tesco
The whole of my feet hurt @Cumberland with exactly the same whole range of pain sensations you mention.

It becomes agony when I lie down in bed. I am kicking the bedsheets in the night. I also kick the wall by the bed with my toes to try and make it hurt less. That does work for a few moments in that it changes the pain sensations to different ones... however I don't advise that though. I have probably diverted the original pain sensations into something different for a moment.

My toes are the worst affected.

My friend's father in law was diabetic, and had his feet amputated. But the pain didn't go. He couldn't understand why he could still feel the pain in his feet. He was told it was phantom pain.

It is almost like you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I can understand the dark thoughts and despair and dark places of hopelessness. I do go to bad places in my mind.

I have had this peripheral neuropathy in my toes for many years now. And trying to explain it to medical professionals who don't have one jot of understanding how bad it is, is soul destroying.

For me, my daily painting challenge to myself helps guide my mind to a better place. You wouldn't like the see my really dark paintings...I keep these large canvases in the garage.

I will offer you hugs from the unlimited basket of hugs I offer on here. I know it is woefully inadequate.

Reactions: Cumberland