What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
14-02-2020
@maglil55 We have got a spirit lamp. Somewhere. .. plan was to use it. Best laid and all that.
Just found this article
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/potatoes-and-diabetes
Not sure where to post link. Maybe a mod could move it?
Today's food. Breakfast nut granola and CWC x2 after big meal last night not really hungry.
Lunch. Fish soup, chunk of emmental and some raspberries with yoghurt and cream.
Dinner, pork chop, cauliflower, brocolli, and mushrooms. With mustard sauce. Sauce was simply Crême frâiche with wholegrain mustard mixed in and warmed.
One glass wine. Lemon teas through the day. Including bedtime.
Have to phone the doctor next week to beg for HbA1c test. Appalled.

Edited to add.
Did have three of MrSlims chocolates before I managed to stop.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Winnie-the-Pooh

Today :

Breakfast : two fried eggs and some slices of sausage. Black coffee

Lunch : fish , with 2 spoons of beans

Dessert : strawberry mousse

Dinner : left over from last night , burger with half a bun and salad .

It’s valentines but we celebrate it on the weekend . It’s because my charming bf has to baby sit his special needs child so his ex wife can have a valentines dinner with a man she cheated with . So we are both very sad. I missed him .

So to overcome sadness , I’m going to have a movie and popcorn later !

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 15/02/2020
Blood Glucose was 4.4 at 5.30, 45 min before dinner. Pretty good for I was feeling anxious and had just been out on a small shopping trip.

Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 63g blueberries, 170g full fat green yoghurt, 4 white coffee 100ml milk between them, then one black coffee.

Lunch: 52g sprouted khorasan bread, 31g Camembert cheese, mustard, 100g ham, 107g cucumber, 140g tomato, mustard, salt

Dinner: 18g Camembert, 30g salsa, mustard, 80g chicken breast roasted, 2 white corn tortilla, 190g fresh brocoli boiled

Last edited:

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
14.2 prior to dinner last night, i had a concoction of lamb mince, shredded cabbage, spring onions, garlic, half a small red bell pepper, a habenero chilli and some beansprouts- actually, it tasted wonderful, woke up today with sugars on 19.5 and i have the shakes :|

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday was a bit of a non-event. Bed 6.1 FBG was also 6.1. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I really was just not hungry - at all. Result? I ended up eating not very much.
B. TAG and a Dairylea triangle.
L. Couple of boiled eggs and a spoonful of Helmans to dip them in.
D. 3 walnut halves and a Skyr vanilla yoghurt. Another TAG.
MFP hates me and is telling me to eat more protein. I did intend to have the rest of the DD shepherd's pie but I just wasn't hungry at all. It's now the morning after and I'm still not hungry.
@Chook - lovely to see you back and I'm glad the arms are improving. @Brunneria - you really threw me with Mr B's "double-walled" glasses. I thought they were some kind of new fangled spectacles! It took me a while to realise it was coffee glasses. That happened to me going through customs in the USA. I'd confused them with a few differences of language when they came to a box I was taking on board. In it were 4 quite fancy, hi-ball glasses my SIL had given me. He looked at the box, I simply said "glasses", he opened the box and burst out laughing. He said he'd had visions of a giant pair of spectacles! They just waived me through after that. @Goonergal - I absolutely despised doing performance reviews. I was delighted to move to the travelling field role when I worked and leave the admin behind. I got a reply from Halo Top as well. Currently there are no plans to introduce the Keto range in the UK. They have, however, notified their sales teams of the interest. I doubt it will make a difference. After all, Lidl didn't pay much attention over the high protein rolls despite a lot of protest.

Winnie-the-Pooh

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay! Tender oxtail in the IP at last!

Hungry day today.

Had brunch around 10am - kippers and butter.
Snack was some moo grob
Then my first dessert of 2020 - whipped some double cream with M&S whipped creamy cheese, added a squeeze of lime and topped with 3 broken up Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons
Dessert was before the main of oxtail as the oxtail needed some extra cooking time. My IP definitely needs a lot more time than most recipes indicate. Worth the wait, though.

Hope everyone is surviving Dennis.

C5D264ED-14CA-49AD-9916-58B61224F58C.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay! Tender oxtail in the IP at last!

Hungry day today.

Had brunch around 10am - kippers and butter.
Snack was some moo grob
Then my first dessert of 2020 - whipped some double cream with M&S whipped creamy cheese, added a squeeze of lime and topped with 3 broken up Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons
Dessert was before the main of oxtail as the oxtail needed some extra cooking time. My IP definitely needs a lot more time than most recipes indicate. Worth the wait, though.

Hope everyone is surviving Dennis.

View attachment 38673

How long did you cook the oxtail for and did you use slow cooker or pressure cooking function?
I have some moo grob in the airfryer as I type. Never made it before so had to rummage in @Brunneria ‘s CMT for a recipe. Laughed at the bit that says ‘dry in the sun for 3 hours’ !

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How long did you cook the oxtail for and did you use slow cooker or pressure cooking function?
I have some moo grob in the airfryer as I type. Never made it before so had to rummage in @Brunneria ‘s CMT for a recipe. Laughed at the bit that says ‘dry in the sun for 3 hours’ !

In total 1 hour 20 minutes high pressure. Initially 1 hour, full natural release and it didn’t feel tender, so put it back for another 20 minutes.

Not much chance of drying anything in the sun today. Facebook reminded me this morning that I walked home from work in the sun in a t-shirt on this day last year.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! Snap with the kippers! And i don’t have them often

B: kippers and scram egg. Sooo lovely. Must make this a regular treat
L: the V steak. Not as nice as expected. Not sure why. :(
D: v unlikely, but may have some yog

Having read the current egg thread I thought i would give micro scram eggs a whirl. Ok. But nowhere near as good as my cast iron frying pan scram egg. I suppose that makes me an egg snob. Or a pan snob. Or a micro snob. Or something. Oh well.

Storm hit quite hard, so no walkies. Caged tigers! Currently competing for a tennis ball that keeps rolling under the tv stand.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria love your comment about your dogs being like caged tigers - think many of us also felt that way today not able to get out there!
Breakfast scrambled eggs with smoked trout
Dinner bolognese with half a chaffle toasted with garlic butter and another glass of Barolo (@DJC3 it’s my fave - I got a couple of bottles on half price offer before Christmas but this was the last bottle!) followed by lc DD raspberry cheesecake brownie with yoghurt.

mouseee

Coffee for breakfast.
Then a funny turn... possibly hypo but of course, forgot to take kit out. As I hadn't eaten anything since last night figured it was low rather than high. Went into Starbucks for americano and got the mini cheese and ham toastie as it turns out only 20g carbs and I decided to risk it. Felt better about half an hour later.

Lunch was an apple and peanut butter.

Dinner - new recipe success... lentil-less dahl from the Diabetic weightless book. I added some left over coconut milk as it was a bit spicy. Delicious. Going to be cooking some chicken to freeze with it for lunches.

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Usual three egg, cheese and mushroom omelette, fat smoked bacon, tomatoes, spudlite.
Liquid lunch: Grilled pork fillet and salad, a coupla XXXX Gold beers at the club watching the rain filling the green.
Dinner: Threadfin Salmon fillets, salad.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar, beer, water.

84702193_10216489500171560_933306894615838720_o.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee x 1 this morning, then stomach ache. I’ll have to stop, it’s very annoying. Left the second mug which was already dripping through the filter to microwave with lunch later. Seems ok if I eat with it, just causes problems on an empty stomach.
L: DD keto pizza https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-pizza - base is basically a chaffle batter baked in the oven, it’s quite floppy and stuck to my non stick baking sheet liner. If I do it again I’ll pre cook in a frying pan first then bung in the oven with toppings.
D: Hoping for the moo grob but Mr C begged for it and ate it hot and still in strips straight from the airfryer and with brown sauce for dipping. I was allowed a small piece to taste. I had a leftover portion of the DD Thai coconut fish curry with cabbage ribbon ‘noodles’, now relaxing with a gin and soda, and our ‘caged tiger’ who is steaming gently by the fire.
@maglil55 I think the not being hungry is meant to happen in a keto diet isn’t it? Can’t say it’s really happened for me, wish it would, I can nearly always eat.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late ‘lunch’ at Nero’s after swimming: a packet of Serious Pig puffed cheese, a salted caramel phd bar with a coconut cappuccino.
Dinner: cold bbq chicken drumsticks, cauliflower and broccoli salad, coleslaw and Wildings duck crackling followed by LC brownie with cream and LC chocolate granola.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Left over fish pie for breakfast - a bit early because my floor cleaning lady was coming.

Hungry at 1.30 so I had a few berries. Still hungry ... but I lasted out until about 7 pm - Em arrived for a visit after "still hungry" and I had to keep her occupied until her mum came back from her laundry delivery. She seems to be obsessed by a game called "minecraft" which I know nothing of but sounds extremely complicated - she was acting out various parts of the game for me to join in with - still totally confused though. She is always hungry when she comes here but made do with some ice cream with berries (and a few sprinkles she found in the cupboard).

My meal was ham salad - just a few lettuce leaves, some cucumber and odds and ends of ham from the chunk I'd sliced with my electric slicer. Lots of whole slices in a box in the freezer and some 1 cm chunks from the end that wouldn't go through the slicer - chicken and ham something or other tomorrow, I think.

The celeriac/cheese fish pie was pretty good - pics below:

FISH PIE 1.JPG
FISH PIE 2.JPG