What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, @Muddy Cyclist now Freckles our resident ACD will turn up her nose at me next time I meet her out walking her person. My only excuse is that she is a blue FRECKLED ACD ... :D
I hope all is still peaceful at your house. You made it sound like a true haven.
Not a dog I can take a liking to poor thing. My Son in law asked me to do a pastel drawing of him and I have not yet managed to capture his likeness.
All in bed, they have stayed the night as storm Dennis is now pouring buckets on us. I am still up playing my guitar but will have to sleep soon as tomorrow is band and Recorder quartet rehearsals.
I hope @gennepher and all others have no further damage tonight, it's very rough out side.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello from Fritz relaxing with Mama's desk in a "take 5" moment ...
20200212_192735.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. @gennepher I sincerely hope Dennis has not caused any further damage to your fence and you safely clear access to your car. Hopefully all other members will have come through the storms of Feb 2020 unscathed. Once over, Lent/Spring and gambolling lambs on the horizon. I/we have power (tea), heating and family 5 minutes walk away. The river Lark here (Mildenhall) isn't known to flood http://www.environmentdata.org/archive/ealit:2852/OBJ/20001179.pdf . Blessings a plenty here. Psalm 100 v 4 for me in the bigger picture. I truly hope and pray each one of you finds similar in this turbulent weather.

Last edited:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a straight 6.0 on the dice, I felt like it should have been lower but then spotted the remains of a lemon drizzle cake on the worktop.
Do hope you have all survived the night and not ended up in Oz, still very wet and windy here, any thoughts of garden work were soon knocked on the head so may have to get my computer gaming head on once the fire is lit and breakfast is made and daughters tumble drier is repaired (think its just the belt), so have a lovely Sunday all lets hope Dennis has done his worst by now.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. @gennepher I sincerely hope Dennis has not caused any further damage to your fence and you safely clear access to your car. Hopefully all other members will have come through the storms of Feb 2020 unscathed. Once over Lent/Spring and gambolling lambs on the horizon. I/we have power, heating, (tea) and family 5 minutes walk away. The river Lark here (Mildenhall) isn't known to flood http://www.environmentdata.org/archive/ealit:2852/OBJ/20001179.pdf . Blessings a plenty here. Psalm 100 v 4 for me in the bigger picture. I truly hope and pray each one of you finds similar in this turbulent weather.

thank you @ianpspurs

I admit I was too scared to sleep because of other bangs on the side of the bungalow.
At first light I was out. It is still very windy. I managed to clear enough of a path to be able to open the gate enough to access my car and get out. Otherwise I left the mess because the wind could rearrange stuff again. I haven't been able to check anything else yet, because I need to warm up under my electric blanket.

I hope everyone else was safe last night and today.
By the way Wales has a red warning for rain, but I think that is more South Wales. I am North Wales. So take care all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.1
Maybe no sleep has something to do with the rise.

I was up at first light removing as much as I could of fence debris to open the gate enough so I can get out now and access the car. But it is still too windy for a tidy up. Will wait until Dennis has battered itself out of existence. I haven't been able to check for any other damage yet...hopefully any more will just be minor.

so, painting for today...erm, not a calm one...impending zombie apocalypse?

A4size, acrylics for background, and the tempera paint sticks just like yesterday...

BC069021-4DA8-489C-8B8E-C9576E2FFA74.jpeg

Cat and me under electric blanket. I might catch some sleep.
Take care.
I had an an email saying red rain warning for Wales about an hour ago. I think it is more South Wales. I live in North Wales. So take care if you are in the vicinity.
Hugs for those who need them.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...despite the noise of the storm last night eventually got a reasonable nights sleep...peeing down here but warm & dry sipping my coffee...shopping arriving between 9-11am feeling bad for the poor driver who has to make his way round in this weather...saddened last night to hear of Caroline Flacks death the social media & the press spotlight can be cruel companions & public scrutiny/opinion often based on suppositions as opposed to fact...I have no idea what's happening woke to a 7.2 no hugs needed this has happened before for no apparent reason...so patience necessary until the little so an so behaves itself...hope there isn't too much storm damage...roll on Wednesday when we should be free of it (storm Dennis).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from a blustery start in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of quite enough rain for one night, thank you, and please stop blowing the trees about came in at 4.5 this am.

It all looks so calm now outside; the trees have packed in their Zumba classes, bamboo though still doing swing, small birds jumping amongst the bird feeders - finches and those other small ones that you can’t actually spell out on here unless you want to be on the naughty step.

I think that we are planning siege mode at present but will see how the weather pans out. It gives me time to practice my new found hobby of laying on the ground with one ankle over the opposing knee and gently pulling the other knee towards my shoulders while singing “Kill The King” by Rainbow.
Having blurted out the idea of a vegan month in March, I have been calmly slapped on the leg by Mrs Miggins who thinks that such a dietary WOE is spelled “vegetarian”. So, back to the drawing board and a scan through Diet Doctor for ideas.

Like the Thai place @jjraak - can you let me know where it is, will be in London in May for a bit.

Thanks for posting the paintings @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher (birds fleeing the impending apocalypto ). Glad to read that you have survived the Dennis visitation, we have had it pretty easy up here.

Have as wonderful a day as you can, I must now go and play murder by death on a yoga mat.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.1 for me haven’t inspected for damage yet but the wind isn’t as loud as last night. Not raining atm either which is a bonus. I have to go into the pet shop as soon as it opens to buy a new lead for Dennis ( wind blew it away yesterday off MrC’s shoulders) and a new collar (Dennis chewed the clasp after I’d taken it off and inadvertently left it in a low table) also another indestructible Nylabone chew as he has destroyed the last one.
Grandchildren coming for lunch and a sleepover - half term next week so I’d better get up and atom.
I hope nobody has suffered too much with the storm, @gennepher it sounds like you had a scary night I hope it doesn’t get any worse where you are, what a relief the car is ok and you can still get out.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It might be the one in the picture which is used as a taxi, a friend lives in Norwich and has seen it a couple of times

View attachment 38689
That's the one. Thank you for posting this. It is the first time I've seen it. I noticed everyone was slowing down as they overtook it - almost as though they couldn't believe what they were seeing.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Oh Dunelm, you make me laugh so much but how I feel your pain. At one physio session they put me on a rack to stretch me, didn't work still the same height. Lol. Should be walking my hands up and down the wall as and twisting my neck as in the exorcist as we speak. Drinking Koffy's good arm exercise.
16-02-2020
Seem to have missed a day.
15-02-2020
FBG 6.0
Today 6.1 probably late dinner and stress putting it up a bit. Not sure which storm is howling at the door.
@Ryhia joining you in walking fingers up the wall.
@dunelm joining you in the pathetic noises when forcing the reluctant arm to.go where it hasn't been for a while. Probably good exercise for the other arm as considerable pressure is required.
Take care everyone and don't get blown away.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 at 7/30am this morning - absolutely no idea why it was so low - especially as we had a disturbed night with the high winds and doggies wanting to go out at 3am. I tested then and it was 4.8 - so no dawn phenomenon this morning.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 for me without the pleasure of lemon drizzle cake! Another horrible night, made me anxious so I can well understand @gennepher the howling and noise of fences and gates must have been awful. Hope there is as little damage as possible. The wind and rain have dropped here now which is good as No 2 son on the road to his GF. Uni friend of his who has a compromised condition has been in contact with someone being tested for CV and has been instructed to self isolate for 14 days. Mr PM and I paid for the Boots multi strain pneumonia jabs yesterday. @DJC3 very impressed that the real Dennis was such a good boy walking home without his lead. In the night I saw on Cornwall news that a bit of cliff in Newquay dropped to the beach. Another day in for most of us I imagine. Hope you are all safe and without storm damage or flooding. Take care @gennepher hope you and Popeye have a cosy day. Stay well, stay safe.
@HarryBeau agree very sad about Caroline Flack way too young it seems they build you up and then they pull you down time and time again.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have survived " D the menace " so far.

A young 6.2 this morning.

Well folks, where are we heading and what are we doing today?
Life is a wonder and it's surprising how some people manage to survive with everything life throws at them, perhaps they are blessed with fortitude, who knows.
Must go and write my script for thought for the day, before chaos and mayhem arrive for a late breakfast.
Have a great one, no postmen to bark at today.