i just wondered why my post has disappeared

pipstick

Hi,
I posted last week on here, but now i can't seem to find it; it's disappeared! I haven't had any 'warnings' and i didn't think i'd put anything in the post that was inappropriate. can anyone help me?
cheers

Grazer

I think you'll find it dissappeared because you're a non-diabetic health care proffessional looking for help in writing a talk. That's not what we're here for.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi pipstick :)
With a request of this type the Administrator's approval is required. Your post has been temporarily removed awaiting his approval. If it is approved it will be put back on the forum. We were unable to contact you by PM as you needed to have written 5 posts in order to use this facility. I hope you understand now.

pipstick

Hi,
If no-one is willing to help because they think i'm after someone writing my talk for me, please let me explain. I don't need help in writing the talk, i've already done that bit. I just wondered if anyone had any quotes from health care practicioners that they found frustrating or exasberating, especially when they want you to change something about your lifestyle in relation to diabetes.
Thanks

pipstick

daisy1 said:
Hi pipstick :)
With a request of this type it has to receive the Administrator's approval. It has been temporarily removed awaiting his approval. If it is approved it will be put back on the forum. We were unable to contact you by PM as you needed to have written 5 posts in order to use this facility. I hope you understand now.
Hi, thanks for clarifying, that's put my mind at ease now! i just wanted to make sure i hadn't done anything inappropriate.
thanks again

pipstick

Grazer said:
I think you'll find it dissappeared because you're a non-diabetic health care proffessional looking for help in writing a talk. That's not what we're here for.
p.s how do you know that i don't have diabetes?

Grazer

pipstick said:
I just wondered if anyone had any quotes from health care practicioners that they found frustrating or exasberating, especially when they want you to change something about your lifestyle in relation to diabetes.

So why do you want to know? Still don't think it 's what this forum is about. Why join in the first place if you're not diabetic?

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Grazer said:
So why do you want to know? Still don't think it 's what this forum is about. Why join in the first place if you're not diabetic?

Thats really bad hostile even :( i thought anyone could join, nice to think that people would take an interest......

Sue

pipstick

Grazer said:

again, i don't remember saying that i didn't have diabetes. why do you assume that i dont have diabetes?

pipstick

Sue o2 said:
Grazer said:

Thats really bad hostile even :( i thought anyone could join, nice to think that people would take an interest......

Sue

:D thank you Sue, it's really nice that some people don't have a chip on their shoulders, and appreciate others comments. :D

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
pipstick, your profile says you are not diabetic.

Grazer

Sue o2 said:
Thats really bad hostile even i thought anyone could join, nice to think that people would take an interest......

No, it depends WHY they want to join. If it's for research (which we get a lot of, and is invariably refused), or for personal gain (ditto), or some mild curiosity, then they can't join. The administrators/moderators will decide, but asking why a non-diabetic wants anecdotes from us when they're preparing a talk as part of their professional career is not an unreasonable request on my part, nor is it unreasonable to ask why else they would want to be members. Presumably it's to use those anecdotes, and we're not here to provide materials for others. That's why moderators look at these things FIRST.

Grazer

pipstick said:
thank you Sue, it's really nice that some people don't have a chip on their shoulders, and appreciate others comments

You haven't made any comments, you've simply asked for info from us. And you still haven't answered why.

pipstick

Grazer, why do you feel so negatively about me? I haven't asked for anything inappropriate, and you seem to like to use the term 'non-diabetic' as a negative put-down. All I asked for was some anecdotes from people, to show doctors and or practice nurses that how they talk to patients isn't necessarily going to help them change any behaviour. If you're not willing to help, thats fine, but please dont use "a non-diabetic" as a way to belittle me, and please stop being unconstructive. I work in secondary care diabetes every day, and find that patients have all sorts of barriers to changing their everyday behaviour and that a lot of GPs, practice nurses and consultants/ registrars dont help the situation. i just wanted a primary care perspective thats all.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Please all be civil to each other, otherwise I will have to edit or lock this thread.

Unbeliever

I think you could find plenty of material just by looking at topics about Diabetic Nurses and reviews etc pipstick. I think there was a hread not long ago, somethinhg on the lines of "Wha is the wors thing your Gp has ever said to you".

It often seems a pity that HCP's are not aware of how they are perceived by" customers."

On the other hand I can understand why people may be reluctant to reply directly.

If you think about it you will probably be able to work out why this is.

pipstick

Thanks for your tip Unbeliever, i'll have a look. I can understand if people might be reluctant to reply because i'm a health care professional, but what i don't understand is why some individuals feel the need to be so completely negative towards my request for what i thought would be a lighthearted thread, and to help GPs/nurses understand that how they talk to patients sometimes is inappropriate. If they dont think it's an appropriate place to ask what i asked, then just don't reply to the thread.The reason I wanted to do this originally is because i have personal experience of inappropriate comments; my dad has type 2 and had a real run-in with his practice nurse after coming back from a once in a lifetime holiday and his bloods were all raised; my uncle and my grandma both have type 2, two very good friends of mine have type 1 diabetes. But if certain people want to label me an outcast just because of what i do for a living, then thats really upsetting. I thought this site was to help the 'Global diabetes community', not just those who have diabetes. I don't intend to profit or personally gain from any anecdotes, just raise awareness with the people who need it, and thought this might have been one of the better places to ask. So I apologise to anyone who feels/felt uncomfortable with what I asked, it was not my intention.

wsmum

Hello Pipstick
Not sure if it's what you're after because it isn't to do with changing patient behaviour, but on the day of diagnosis my son's consultant mentioned neuropathy and amputation as consequences of poor control!! I was not impressed - he was 13 at the time.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Good on you Pipstick!
I for one am prepared to believe you are doing this from the best of motives.
Some HCPs need a good shakeup in their interpersonal skills (or lack thereof) and would not deign to listen to input from us patients, whereas they might listen to other HCPs.