Toe feeling very strange / odd

dani1989

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone,

I am new to the website but finding it very helpful so far.
Bit of background:
I have had type 2 diabetes for about 2 years now and I'm a 30 year old female. Onset was from PCOS and weight gain / bad eating habits. Also have a very strong history of this in my family. I am now on Trulicity (injections) and metformin and have been for about 5 months. I believe my sugar levels are now well controlled and I am eating well and exercising regularly.

About 4 weeks ago I started getting this strange feeling under my foot at the top end right under my 2nd toe. Kind of felt like something was under there. It came and went but now its become constant. 2nd toe feels very strange like its almost dead / limp. I also get weird sensations thru the 2nd and 3rd toe now as well but not all the time. When I'm walking it just feels very strange / odd almost like its asleep while I walk on it. Its not swollen or numb or tender. I still feel like there's a strange spot under the 2nd toe as well. My balance has started to get worse as well on this foot.
I wear good shoes and orthotics from my podiatrist.

Can anyone else relate to this or have had any other similar experiences and can shed some light? I thought maybe it could be related to my Diabetes but I am not sure. I am seeing my GP in 2 weeks and also my podiatrist again in 2 weeks time but just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue? It is extremely irritating and making it hard for me to stand at work all day.

Thank you!!

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Hi everyone,

I am new to the website but finding it very helpful so far.
Bit of background:
I have had type 2 diabetes for about 2 years now and I'm a 30 year old female. Onset was from PCOS and weight gain / bad eating habits. Also have a very strong history of this in my family. I am now on Trulicity (injections) and metformin and have been for about 5 months. I believe my sugar levels are now well controlled and I am eating well and exercising regularly.

About 4 weeks ago I started getting this strange feeling under my foot at the top end right under my 2nd toe. Kind of felt like something was under there. It came and went but now its become constant. 2nd toe feels very strange like its almost dead / limp. I also get weird sensations thru the 2nd and 3rd toe now as well but not all the time. When I'm walking it just feels very strange / odd almost like its asleep while I walk on it. Its not swollen or numb or tender. I still feel like there's a strange spot under the 2nd toe as well. My balance has started to get worse as well on this foot.
I wear good shoes and orthotics from my podiatrist.

Can anyone else relate to this or have had any other similar experiences and can shed some light? I thought maybe it could be related to my Diabetes but I am not sure. I am seeing my GP in 2 weeks and also my podiatrist again in 2 weeks time but just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue? It is extremely irritating and making it hard for me to stand at work all day.

Thank you!!

Hi Dani and welcome to the club!

Now neuropathy can manifest from diabetes but also other sources such as a lack of vital vitamins and minerals in your diet so it could be related to diabetes or perhaps not. It’s good that you have an appointment all lined up to get an official examination but I did have a similar experience with my little toe going numb just before my own diagnosis. So perhaps it could be a form of neuropathy from the time before your sugars came back down but having decent control hopefully will drive it away.

Keep us posted though and hopefully they can do something about it because I know the pain of having to stand all the time in a job and if anything feels off about balance it’s really a mood killer ain’t it? Plus losing your balance out of nowhere however funny it could be potentially is just straight up dangerous too. What numbers are you getting these days for fasting and pre-post meals? I’m guessing you test?

Again a find and friendly welcome and all the best, you’re in the right place that is for sure!

Reactions: dani1989 and Mike d