Type 1'stars R Us

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, after yesterday bloods at a great (for me) 6 this morning. Though according to my libre dipped low overnight. But I didnt feel it.
Hey ho. Another day, and start of another week. At least the suns shining.
Hope you guys are all safe in the storm

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Happy Sunday! Work was so and so yesterday, I was told off for not wearing pink for Valentine’s Day theme. I wore pink on Friday but I didn’t realised I had to do the same for Saturday. I was at two different sites yesterday to cover for someone else at another restaurant so I wore the usual work uniform. But anyway, I met another diabetic yesterday because her table of friends were joking around if they can give their organs to pay their bill and I said I’ll accept your pancreas.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hello friends,

Happy Sunday! Work was so and so yesterday, I was told off for not wearing pink for Valentine’s Day theme. I wore pink on Friday but I didn’t realised I had to do the same for Saturday. I was at two different sites yesterday to cover for someone else at another restaurant so I wore the usual work uniform. But anyway, I met another diabetic yesterday because her table of friends were joking around if they can give their organs to pay their bill and I said I’ll accept your pancreas.
What if you don’t possess anything pink? Will they provide it?

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Laziest weekend on record. Combination of Storm Dennis, a cold brewing, the end of a grim half term and sheer exhaustion made anything more energetic than making the next easy meal unappealing.

So, I have done some basal tests and a bit of lazy day ratio adjusting whilst re-acquainting myself with my bed and my sofa.

I did just about make it to church for organ playing duties.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No, my mum was quite angry and said they should have provided the pink shirts. I haven’t earned much for the last 4 weeks so I chose to live instead of buying a pink shirt for one weekend.

I feel "red harts" are the order of the day regarding attire on this occasion. Maybe your employers would have seen fit to issue a traditional waiters apron with appropriate design..?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning enjoy your day everyone
FB_IMG_1573768072160.jpg

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, I did 24hrs in target yesterday! but had a slight rise over night and unfortunately the breakfast 'bump' just took me out of range this morning - must try harder! :playful:

@LooperCat revising diabetes - yeah you already know it but could any questions be based on old school knowledge, text book stuff and not real life? And I presume you did the practical revision on the male reproductive anatomy? o_O :D Love your Triumph, looks mean! Oh and have you dried out yet - hear it was very wet your way?

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Liver's clearly woken up or just decided I needed to get on and do something more energetic than slump around binging on favourite comfort TV and DVDs. A 7 point dump is most unfair, after days of good behaviour, though.

So, as it looks slightly less blustery and wet out there I'm off for a walk. Car hired for the rest of the week from tomorrow so I'll do a big shop then before heading off for a few days. Given how empty the cupboards, fridge and chest freezer deliberately are, (Chest freezer will be switched off whilst I'm away for a good defrost then restocked once I'm back) that's a good excuse to go out for lunch at least! I did eat the weirdest combinations of food over the weekend!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@LooperCat revising diabetes - yeah you already know it but could any questions be based on old school knowledge, text book stuff and not real life? And I presume you did the practical revision on the male reproductive anatomy? o_O :D Love your Triumph, looks mean! Oh and have you dried out yet - hear it was very wet your way?

Happily our lessons are based on current research, it’s very much an evidence based profession and things change in line with modern thinking. Although they are very strident that ketosis is a BAD THING and I suppose for most people it is. Books only as have been home alone this weekend! It’s still very stormy here, quite a wild ride over the mountain to Swansea...

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Happy Monday all
Must say I was a bit damp the weekend, loads of flooding around the area but luckily nothing for me. Plus I live on top of a mountain and no chance of flooding!
Bloods behaved the weekend...as well as could be expected

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
(Just) morning all! My weekend went a bit bonkers yesterday as the local wood in which I volunteer is seeing a mass inward migration of toads - and some great crested newts - coming back to breed in the pond in the wood, and crossing a road to do it. I ended up spending from 12 noon till well into the evening making signs, emailing and phoning people and helping to organise a proper toad patrol. It'll run from dusk till 10 every evening when it's warm(over 5c) and damp enough for the toads to move, and we have to lift the toads & newts off the road and put them in the wood. So we're busy signing up people to do 2 hour shifts for the next 6 weeks until they're all in the pond bonking like mad. Country life, eh?

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good afternoon everyone hope this week goes well for everyone of us.

I just had a call from my diabetes clinic they can see my BG levels through libreview and they say im doing pretty good considering i have no proper carb counting training so i'm now booked to do a dafne coarse.

I just cant say if these anti depressants are actually working some times i'm happy (like when i'm on youtube watching hard enduro or indoor outdoor trial riding) or down most of the other time

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad76 and Japes

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you want to explain diabetes management to someone and keep it light, I think this is a good start :hilarious:

Reactions: slip