CBD Oil

Agada

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone use CBD oil for things like anxiety, pain management etc? If so do you notice if this has also had an affect on your BS, I.e. lowered or even raised your BS levels?

Caprock94

Does anyone use CBD oil for things like anxiety, pain management etc? If so do you notice if this has also had an affect on your BS, I.e. lowered or even raised your BS levels?

I have used it some. Haven't noticed any effect on blood sugar that I could tell.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

There are certain benefits with CBD for pain relief..

But with regards to it's effects on BG managment. That side of things is highly questionable.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It helps with my rheumatism and anxiety, the latter of which is rather severe. If it lowered my bloodsugars then it wasn't by much, maybe 0.5 mmol/l now that I'm on keto. I think maybe because it just helped bring the stress hormones down some and kept my liver from dumping as much... No danger of hypo's.

Agada

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Does anyone use CBD Oil and notice if this has an affect on their blood sugar levels/hba1c result? I’ve started to use a 300mg spray so it’s low strength, but just wondered it anyone who checks their blood sugar regularly and uses CBD has noticed if it’s had any affect on levels (positive or negative)? Thanks.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

This subject comes up quite a bit regarding the bold claim CBD has on BG. (Including The use of cannabis too.)

It can have alternative benefits alleviating neuropathy pain.

But alas there's still no easy trade off with the BG management.

The jury is still out i'm afraid.

Twisticles

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi,

This subject comes up quite a bit regarding the bold claim CBD has on BG. (Including The use of cannabis too.)

It can have alternative benefits alleviating neuropathy pain.

But alas there's still no easy trade off with the BG management.

The jury is still out i'm afraid.

Ok to put it another way, is there any evidence to suggest that using CBD (or cannabis) negatively affects BG?