Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and wishing you all a Happy Tuesday.
7.3 this morning after a veggie curry with rice and a Danone yogurt last night, sorted :happy:

Reactions: Mad76 and karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
We had a pond we were going to restore in our backyard until we found out it was a breeding ground for an too late to do anything about invasive toad here that is toxic to pets. Needless to say we drained the pond, drilled hundreds of holes and filled it in with dirt and now it's a garden.

My husband caught over 60 of them in our backyard that we set loose near a stream before we drained the pond.

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My son is on his way to fix one of my fence panels in the back garden, 2, 8ft posts and postcrete ( cement). Since last year the panel has bowed inwards, so I can't blame it on Storm Ciara or Dennis.
Hopefully all will go smoothly ( wishful thinking me thinks :rolleyes: so fingers crossed X

Reactions: Mad76 and SueJB

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
nice like totally nice i'm kinda blown away i'm not been sexist but i know only one women that has owned a bike my mum had a ducati monster while my dad had honda vfr 1000 while i had a kmx 125
@chris85 type 1 I'm a woman who used to ride a KZ200, small but fast. And good morning all. Great, it's Tuesday and I've got nothing to do except wear my 5 badge.
Good luck @LooperCat with the exam

Last edited:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, I was all 6's and 7's this morning - scan said 6.8, bloods said 7.6, last night scan said 9.9 and bloods said 11.2 - this isn't the accuracy I've been having previously :mad: but it's all within acceptable limits :happy: (it's just that previous sensors would have been 0.1 or 0.2 out on those results) hopefully it'll settle down a bit more or go completely the other way :p

If we're talking motor bikes..........big motor bikes - you all might as well give up now, I've won this competition hands down.

1978-red-maxi100_7729.jpg

16 yr old me rode one of these - I thank you...........!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, walked with the demon dog this morning - ran off three times, ended up on the lead most of the walk (her, not me!). Stress of disappearing dog not good for bg.

@LooperCat look forward to hearing your pass mark

@chris85 type 1 good it's not meningitis but would be even better to know what it is. Are they doing anything to find out?

Reactions: karen8967

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all

@slip yep you are definitely the winner on the bike scheme....winner of what is yet to be decided on but it was much quicker (?) than walking ;)

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, walked with the demon dog this morning - ran off three times, ended up on the lead most of the walk (her, not me!). Stress of disappearing dog not good for bg.

@LooperCat look forward to hearing your pass mark

@chris85 type 1 good it's not meningitis but would be even better to know what it is. Are they doing anything to find out?
nope i'm home now they just said to keep an eye on things

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I have been okay, I had two hypos yesterday and day before. First instance I was being stupid, I didn’t wait for my hypo to come back up to a reasonable level before bolusing again for food and for the second one, I was super sky high from eating rice, I weighed it and prebolused for it and yikes, it tried to kill me. Despite many corrections, I did another site change and that’s when my insulin decides it’s going to release all the doses and crash all at once.
Today it’s not so bad, pump beeped at 9.4, I did a smol baby correction and I’m sitting at 5.2.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooooh, are we talking about bikes? My bf and I are deciding on the Honda Fireblade and a tiny 125 (Honda Grom) in future.
I keep having these weird dreams that I’m wealthy and driving luxury cars I don’t even know how to drive but in my dreams, I can drive. The dream I had last night, I went into a Porsche dealership and said “I want to buy your newest and latest 911 turbo S” and I was speeding off thereafter

Reactions: chris85 type 1

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was a mad biker in my younger years, a Honda C70 stepthru, toot toot. Semi automatic, with 3 gears and a top speed of about 50 mph. A great wee bike until a car pulled onto the dual carriageway i was driving on ,from a side road. Hit them at about 40mph and flew over the top of their roof landed on my bum, helmet went flying off. Surprisingly only had broken arm, fingers, bad bruising and cuts and a very broken bike.

Reactions: porl69 and SueJB

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A good fun day with the Thomas the Tank mad grandson. Took a train one stop into city centre and went for coffee and cake (grandson only) and caught train back. He was in heaven. Home for lunch, 2 stories and a sleep then toy playing. Him and mum stayed for tea also as his dad is working. We are now weary.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How to worry the people in the car hire office. Test your blood sugars whilst waiting for the keys. I did assure them I was fine and was aware of all I needed to be.

Despite not having lived in Somerset for 20 years I impressed myself with remembering some good back routes to my destination which avoided floods.

Reactions: karen8967 and hh1