Question for Libre users

localshop

This has probably already been asked many times but tbh I don't fancy digging for it so here's a question or two. I've just been given my first Freestyle Libre this morning, and I've had the sensor on since 9.30am. I'm using the app rather than their reader, and the logbook only shows the results from when I scan the sensor. I was informed that the sensor takes a reading every 15 minutes, so would expect to see all those show on the logbook too? For instance, if I scan at 2pm, 3pm and 4pm, I will only see 3 results on the graph when I would have expected to see results from 2:00, 2:15, 2:30 etc etc etc. Can any of you seasond Libre users fill me in please?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I use the Android App and I see a continuous line with dots to mark when I have taken a reading.
You should be able to take a reading every 8 hours and see all the results in between.

Edit: Ah - the Logbook.
Try some other types of displays such as the Daily Graph for the last 24 hours.

Reactions: localshop

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @localshop, I have been on the libre for 2 weeks. It's not a CGM (that will show you the numbers constantly without scanning), it is a flash monitor. That means you will only get the actual glucose number when you flash the reader/app against the sensor. In between the 'flashing' it will record a graph that will show you the ups and downs 24/7. (You must flash at least once every 8 hours though or it will lose some of the data). Hope this helps, I think that's what you mean. It 'takes a reading' but that is shown in a line graph form NOT numbers. x

localshop

Hi @localshop, I have been on the libre for 2 weeks. It's not a CGM (that will show you the numbers constantly without scanning), it is a flash monitor. That means you will only get the actual glucose number when you flash the reader/app against the sensor. In between the 'flashing' it will record a graph that will show you the ups and downs 24/7. (You must flash at least once every 8 hours though or it will lose some of the data). Hope this helps, I think that's what you mean. It 'takes a reading' but that is shown in a line graph form NOT numbers. x
right that makes sense thanks. I know it's not a CGM, but I assumed that it saved a number every 15 minutes then zapped them all to the app when scanned. Is this not the case?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
right that makes sense thanks. I know it's not a CGM, but I assumed that it saved a number every 15 minutes then zapped them all to the app when scanned. Is this not the case?
It does save a number every 15 mins, however not sure how you'd actually see said numbers on the app - not sure you can do that in fact - it may be doable using the LibreView site but I've not tried looking
To see all the numbers for the reader, I have to export all the data (it exports to csv)

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

No, I'm afraid not. I know you can purchase other equipment that turns this into a CGM (not sure what). I still find this fab though after 2 weeks, I admit I do scan at least once every 15 minutes anyway so it's easy to get those numbers. After a week or so you will be able to see the patterns, the ups & downs, it shows you a lot of very interesting information.

Edited to add just seen Rokaab's response...now you've got me wondering! That's not my impression but I stand to be corrected. Sorry if we've made it more confusing.

localshop

It does save a number every 15 mins, however not sure how you'd actually see said numbers on the app - not sure you can do that in fact - it may be doable using the LibreView site but I've not tried looking
To see all the numbers for the reader, I have to export all the data (it exports to csv)
so..... how do I export the .csv from Librelink please?

found it! That's awesome. It DOES save a number every 15 minutes...

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi Rokaab, I cannot see any 'automatic' numbers on libreview which is what I use (my old phone isn't up to the job).