Which pump should I choose?

Cbrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been using medronic pumps for aprox 6 years and as my current one is coming to the end of its warranty I have been told I have a choice to continue with a medronic 640 or choose another brand like an omnipod etc? Does anyone have any advice for me please?
Thanks

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I am un the same place but I am closed looping, I will probab;y take another Insight pumt just for the fact it is loopable. what choices do you have ?

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm using the Tandem t:slim x2 & I'm very happy with it. It's my first pump so have nothing to compare it with though.
I selected it because it's upgradeable - no waiting 4 years for a new pump. The first software upgrade arrives later this month - predictive low suspend (Basal IQ). Next year it will update to a full hybrid closed loop (Control IQ)

Cbrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I would start be deciding whether you want another tubes pump, like the Medtronic, or a patch pump, like the OmniPod.
I recently changed from tubey to patch and prefer the patch. However, it is not perfect because it is always attached and is attach to exactly the same place for 3 days.
Thank you
Does the patch pump ever fall off you?

Cbrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm using the Tandem t:slim x2 & I'm very happy with it. It's my first pump so have nothing to compare it with though.
I selected it because it's upgradeable - no waiting 4 years for a new pump. The first software upgrade arrives later this month - predictive low suspend (Basal IQ). Next year it will update to a full hybrid closed loop (Control IQ)
I’ve never heard of your pump and I haven’t been offered it
Is it tubeless ?

Cbrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am un the same place but I am closed looping, I will probab;y take another Insight pumt just for the fact it is loopable. what choices do you have ?
I can carry on with the Medronic pump the omnipod and two others one beginning with a R and one with an A it was a telephone call I received from the hospital which is why I’m not sure of the other two however I will ring them back to find out more details

Rianne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Gaz-M, I am exploring looping with the Insight and hope you can help me: I would like to be able to use my normal smartphone AND a stand alone watchphone for looping because I cannot always carry my smartphone with me during work. Do you know a way to connect more than 1 device via bluetooth with the Insight pump?

For me the individual features of each pump was almost irrelevant as the Insight was the only one to be compatible with the prefilled Novorapid Pumpcart insulin cartridges. I simply wouldn't have the patience to fill them myself plus, if I go away for a few days, I bung a couple of bottles in my case and don't have to take all the refill gubbins. The handset is slow, as widely reported, but there are ways around it and I've been very happy with it for over 4 years now.