2019/20 Football season

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't see our game on Tuesday going ahead, a lot of rain on a pitch that just can't cope with rain, be nice to get a few days away from matches.

It did and you drew. Better than losing a point is a point. Hope you get all 3 on Saturday.

Reactions: Guna108

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It did and you drew. Better than losing a point is a point. Hope you get all 3 on Saturday.
Really poor game, because of conditions. But a clean sheet and stopped the losing streak, but just can't score.
Onwards to spotland, unless storm Desmond intervenes!

Reactions: Johnboy412

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well we ended up getting battered 0-3 by Cardiff. Now only 5 points between us and the relegation zone. We need to get our finger out down at Derby on Saturday or we could be in serious trouble.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another weekend of sport looms. Our lads travel to Derby and we sure do need 3 points.
Hope everyone else's team wins this weekend. I've drawn the short straw for working Sat and Sun hence this post today. I'll be back to comment on our performance tomorrow evening. Have a great weekend everyone :)

Reactions: Lamont D

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh well we ended up drawing. Its a good job Wigan also drew and it keeps that 5 point cushion. Next week its a trip to Swansea. Certainly need to pick 3 points up there.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Former Manchester United goalkeeper Harry Gregg, who survived the 1958 Munich air crash, has died aged 87.

Gregg was often referred to as the 'Hero of Munich' after pulling passengers free from the burning wreckage.

A sad day in the world of football. RIP Harry :(

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Certainly agree with you John!
RIP, a true legend!
And a hero!

D

Deleted member 308541

Former Manchester United goalkeeper Harry Gregg, who survived the 1958 Munich air crash, has died aged 87.

Gregg was often referred to as the 'Hero of Munich' after pulling passengers free from the burning wreckage.

A sad day in the world of football. RIP Harry :(
I still remember the plane crash crash, Harry Gregg was a very brave man rescuing others that day.

I cannot find any mention if he ever got a bravery medal / award for his efforts that day.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like Salford City have made it to a cup final. Its the EFL. I hope they go on to win it.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I still remember the plane crash crash, Harry Gregg was a very brave man rescuing others that day.

I cannot find any mention if he ever got a bravery medal / award for his efforts that day.

I wasn't born then but watching it on the Air crash Investigation programs was upsetting enough.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A trip to South Wales to face Swansea for our lads this aft. Could use all 3 points and hopefully we'll get em.
Good luck to all the teams playing today. Hope they get a good result.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh well we got hammered 3-1 and to make matters worse both Stoke and Wigan won so now the gap is just a mere 2 points. If we lose on Tuesday at home with Bristol city and Wigan beat Reading on Weds night then we'll be in the relegation zone and diar straits. Suddenly League 1 is becoming a reality :(

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We got battered according to scoreline.
Much closer than 3-1, because once again we were done by decisions by referee.
Oh I wish we had VAR in this league.
We just about deserved a draw in appalling conditions. But their first goal was clearly put in by Akinfenway's arm, their 33rd goal a penalty, was at least a yard outside the box.
Shocking!

Shrewsbury away Tuesday.

Reactions: Johnboy412

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Home to Bristol City tonight. We really do need all 3 points or it could be game over. Wigan play tomorrow night we need them to lose.
Good luck to all our teams playing tonight and tomorrow night.

Liverpool won last night and go 22 points clear. Mathematically they need to win 3 more and its all over. But realistically wise it is all over now.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And there we have it. We won 2-1. My heart was in my mouth when Bristol scored. We just need Wigan to lose tomorrow night otherwise it'll be back to as it was 2 points gap. So tomorrow night I'm on Readings side.

Reactions: zand and Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
There is life in the old dog yet!
We won!
Injury time winner!
Could we do it yet?

Despite the weather, despite the flooding, despite the traffic, the super white army celebrated in typical fashion as we at last won (away) despite the officials, despite the cold, rain, snow, ice, and everything that a cold February winters nightmares at us!

It's really nice to win away.

Woo hoo!

SWA

Reactions: Johnboy412 and zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How thoughtful of the Arsenal team. We now don't have to worry about whether or not we travel to a coronavirus infected area to watch them in the next round of the Europa League. And we don't have to suffer any more UEFA ****ups re fixture changes....:rolleyes: