Low Carb

S

SY23_3GF

I have followed the low carb diet for 5 months now, and I have reached my target weight. I have no idea about my blood glucose levels, as I don't have a monitor, but before I started my HbA1C was around 48. I don't need to lose any more weight, but I certainly don't want to start gaining again. What do I do now?

Last edited by a moderator:

mouseee

That's brilliant, well done.

I think I would get an hba1c booked in or buy a meter!
If you are looking to maintain weight now then its probably fat content you need to play with but others will have more advice!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely keep on low carbing, but try adding a little more fat and keep an eye on the scales. I think you can reach a point where what you eat and the energy you require achieve a new balance and keep your weight stable.

I've been low carbing for over six years and for most of that time (after initially a losing a fair bit of weight fairly fast) I've kept my weight stable for most of that time.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The body is quite good at maintaining a stable weight once you've come into a good range. Keep going with the low carb but have enough fats & proteins to keep you feeling full.