MiaoMiao stickers and leftover residue

SB_777

Anyone got any tips for removing the sticker residue from the back of the MiaoMiao when removed, before applying a new sticker? I usually pick and peel at it, but it's annoying to get it all.

Also any alternate sources for MiaoMiao stickers? Is the official website the best source for new stickers or has anyone found any alternatives?

Reactions: Knikki

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I use Tac Away (https://amzn.to/2sOdUK3) wipes to clean the MiaoMiao and my skin when I do a change - don’t use anything acetone based as it’ll eat the plastic! I bought loads of the stickers when I bought mine, so haven’t needed to look at alternatives yet...

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
WD40 is pretty good at getting the sticky off. I bought an extra load of stickies when I bought the MM. The postage is a killer when just ordering stickies from them. Maybe the European site would be cheaper???

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
WD40 is pretty good at getting the sticky off. I bought an extra load of stickies when I bought the MM. The postage is a killer when just ordering stickies from them. Maybe the European site would be cheaper???

WD40. Of course! Lol, I'd used Sticky stuff remover. It worked removing Jap tech stuck double sided with 3M tape to import dashes..

Another one oddly enough is an old window cleaners trick. White vinegar & washing up liquid. Is another one I found but with lemon too? Bit old school.

D

Deleted member 308541

WD40 is pretty good at getting the sticky off.
Magic stuff WD40, I used it on dot matrix printer ribbons to get a bit more use out of them.

To get the label gunk of old floppy disks I have used super petrol as a quick removal aid.