Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So do you guys put rat traps near your hypo treats? I bought a bag of haribos for my hypos and I left them at home before going back to London. My bf picked me up and said “I accidentally ate all your haribos but there’s a few left. I picked a few each time I went to the living room and they slowly disappeared”. I said “Well they wouldn’t multiply”. 95% empty bag, smh.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
So do you guys put rat traps near your hypo treats? I bought a bag of haribos for my hypos and I left them at home before going back to London. My bf picked me up and said “I accidentally ate all your haribos but there’s a few left. I picked a few each time I went to the living room and they slowly disappeared”. I said “Well they wouldn’t multiply”. 95% empty bag, smh.
No. It’s my medicine and my family treat it as such.

Anyway, morning. Rough night in which I managed to knock my cannula loose so was doing a pod change at 3am and have been battling ****** sugars since. Pod wouldn’t pair with my Loop, took ages to troubleshoot that - almost to the point of digging a syringe out for an IM correction shot. All part of T1 life, eh? Quite glad I’m not driving the car share girls today, tbh. We’ve got a day training with the fire brigade at the ambulance service training ground, so it’s green uniform today and ALL THE POCKETS. Plus our shiny new helmets. That should keep me awake...

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Contemplating breakfast but waiting for pre-bolus to kick in. The guess for Other People's Cooking worked pretty well but there were the rampaging cold germs and lack of walking since arriving yesterday to be taken into consideration which involved a 3.00 a.m. correction rage bolus.

When it's not cloudy there may be pictures. There is a very nice view from my room. Definitely not in the city now.

Reactions: hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why is it that life comes in quiet spells then frenzied activity? Sunday and Monday disappeared in a blur of urgent paperwork and toad patrol stuff; yesterday's work ended with a hideous 2 hour drive home in the dark and driving rain, which pushed everything late into the evening. Today it's puppy class this morning, more paperwork this afternoon and toad patrol this evening. Then it (hopefully) goes quiet again. And having seemingly got a handle on my morning low bg I now seem to have a slow - very slow - rise from about two hours after breakfast until double figures by lunchtime. Basal testing needed I think. May need to up the morning Lantus. All simple things really compared to the poor people flooded out of their homes, hope everyone here's safe.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning everyone and wishing you a wicked Wednesday:D
Yesterday morning was not good, my son had huge problems with the fence panel and I was on the phone for over 35 minutes trying to confirm my appointment time, the system is just farcical and seriously needs looking at !! but the afternoon and evening were much more chilled :happy:
Awoke on 7.9, Spag Bol and a banana crispy chocolate corner yogurt too and it was delish :hungry:
Going to get my second cup of tea now :happy:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yesterday's work ended with a hideous 2 hour drive home in the dark and driving rain

Be thankful you were in a dry car, from work I cycle 10-15mins to my car and then drive home, it was only slightly raining when I left work.........it was only slightly raining driving home, in between then the heavens opened and the wind blew a hoolie - one gust was like hitting a brick wall, stopped me in my tracks. Soaked. :grumpy::hilarious:

On a plus note BGs have been pretty good although sensor reporting consistently lower than BGs :grumpy:

Reactions: SueJB

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
How to worry the people in the car hire office. Test your blood sugars whilst waiting for the keys. I did assure them I was fine and was aware of all I needed to be.

Despite not having lived in Somerset for 20 years I impressed myself with remembering some good back routes to my destination which avoided floods.
Where in sunny Somerset were you headed?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
I was lying in bed this morning and couldn't be bothered to get up. Then I starting think that perhaps the liver was going to dump and I'd find a high BG. I still didn't get up and had a read instead.
Eventually dragged the body from under the duvet to find Madam BG 6.2. That's OK
Just wondering now if the liver dumps only when you're in the vertical position. Thoughts?

Reactions: Marie 2

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Robinredbreast. We too are having to replace fence. It is between us and neighbours and after looking at deeds discovered it to be a party fence. Husband did the right thing and went round to offer to go halves. The guy is 86, has always replaced himself, but had already got quotes to get someone in. In 40 years none of his previous neighbours at sides or back had offered. He was made up. Mind you the price made us gulp!
Just had second cup of tea myself, and am still sat in bed. Husband off birding. I am going to be leisurely.
Will have to ring Abbott though, latest sensor is totally bonkers. 3/4 out with a map like the Himalayas. Having to rely on finger pricks. Haven’t done that in a couple of years.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

Definitely not, they are part of my medicine. They would not use my insulin so will not use my jelly babies either :)

Good morning all
Went to see the nephrologist yesterday afternoon. No change in my kidneys, still working at 21%....I cklass that as a win :). Also popped in to see my DSN to make sure that she had emailed Medtronic to get the Mio Advance put onto my list of available canulas....

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I have several hypo treats in different areas, my hubby would not dare touch any of them. In fact he helps make sure they stay well supplied.

My BG’s have been wanting to shoot higher with a delayed reaction after eating for some reason the last few days, the mysteries of T1.

@SueJB There is something called foot on the floor “FOTF” that is similar to DP . DP is before you wake in preparation for waking and FOTF is when you feet literally hit the floor and your liver starts then. Your body can do either or both if it pleases.

Mine has been doing more FOTF than DP lately.

Reactions: hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Be thankful you were in a dry car, from work I cycle 10-15mins to my car and then drive home, it was only slightly raining when I left work.........it was only slightly raining driving home, in between then the heavens opened and the wind blew a hoolie - one gust was like hitting a brick wall, stopped me in my tracks. Soaked. :grumpy::hilarious:

On a plus note BGs have been pretty good although sensor reporting consistently lower than BGs :grumpy:
Point taken. I am grateful for that, just moaning about the wasted 3/4 hour extra the journey took. Hope you dried out with no ill-effects!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Definitely not, they are part of my medicine. They would not use my insulin so will not use my jelly babies either :)

Hi,

Now strangely, I view my hypo treatment as a "solution" to an problem somtimes caused by the meds.

Lol, call the solution a "self prescribed antidote" to a potentially life threatening situation.

Thus avoiding the a further inconvenience of my wife phoning an ambulance..
It's a win win in our household. Lol, people understand the pottential consequences of the actions.. ;):p