What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I once took my white mouse to school all day @SaskiaKC !!!
It was under my shirt running up and down my arms and hanging on to my vest. I got away with it. No one knew.

I cannot remember its name now, but it had beautiful pink eyes...

I hope he was good company for you that day. Good for you for getting away with it! :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
18-02-2020
@gennepher With flying and dens of iniquity you do lead an interesting life. Perhaps the hookahs could feature in a painting?
FBG this morning an unprecedented 7.2.
That's bad as I have finally managed to arrange HbA1c test for tomorrow morning.
Was highish yesterday as well. 6.2 but I put that down to late dinner and stress.
Seem to be feeling high stress levels today. Too many places to go. Bank, doctor, dentist. Tight schedule. Had borderline panic attack, sick and faint for a while.
All ok in the end. Enjoyable lunch out with brother, sadly forgot to take SIL birthday present in the rush.
Hoping walk to town and back will help BG.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodness @Debandez looks like you’ve made quite an impression on DUK! Fancy them blocking you rather than a reasoned response! They must be running scared. I love your last sentence in your response about asking for donations for research but not listening. @HarryBeau I’ve just read that you’ve been blocked too - hilarious! well done both of you for daring to question.
@gennepher I loved both those seascapes. J was definitely a talented artist, what a lovely story.

Reactions: Ryhia

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is beautiful. Thank you for posting it. I can feel the water and the chill in the air. They remind me of these lines by Gerard Manley Hopkins, that I have loved for years:

What would the world be, once bereft
Of wet and wildness? Let them be left,
O let them be left, wildness and wet;
Long live the weeds and the wilderness yet.

The poem is here. https://www.theotherpages.org/poems/hopkins1.html
Thank you. Ah, Gerald Manley Hopkins master of alliteration, one of my favourite Hopkins poems is The Windhover thank you to pointing me to the site.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
18-02-2020
@gennepher With flying and dens of iniquity you do lead an interesting life. Perhaps the hookahs could feature in a painting?
FBG this morning an unprecedented 7.2.
That's bad as I have finally managed to arrange HbA1c test for tomorrow morning.
Was highish yesterday as well. 6.2 but I put that down to late dinner and stress.
Seem to be feeling high stress levels today. Too many places to go. Bank, doctor, dentist. Tight schedule. Had borderline panic attack, sick and faint for a while.
All ok in the end. Enjoyable lunch out with brother, sadly forgot to take SIL birthday present in the rush.
Hoping walk to town and back will help BG.

Hugs and sympathy for the borderline panic attack and the high stress. I feel the same way about tomorrow. I'm not worried about meeting the apartment people, and I'm looking forward to seeing the place and just getting away for the day. But I'm very very nervous about the drive itself.
I hate it when I get stressed, because the stress releases hormones or some chemicals and they just make it worse. Thank goodness for Prozac!
I am glad your day ended well and that you enjoyed the lunch out with your brother. :) I hope the walk helped.

@gennepher, I agree with @SlimLizzy that a painting of hookahs would be cool. Maybe you could put in a caterpillar ...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Goodness @Debandez looks like you’ve made quite an impression on DUK! Fancy them blocking you rather than a reasoned response! They must be running scared. I love your last sentence in your response about asking for donations for research but not listening. @HarryBeau I’ve just read that you’ve been blocked too - hilarious! well done both of you for daring to question.
@gennepher I loved both those seascapes. J was definitely a talented artist, what a lovely story.

Thank you very much @DJC3 for loving both seascapes

Reactions: DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of a great courgetti carbonara and then chimps gleeful cry of, “ooh! After eights, don’t mind if I do” came in at 5.1 this am.

So just how many after eight mints does it take to raise your blood sugars? 5 seems to be the answer - and I thought it would be 42. So, a roller coaster of an evening and through part of the night for the jolly old liver and associates trying to repair the damage. Meanwhile, chimp was howling with laughter and screaming, “a minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.” Still, a mug of hot golden milk (milk infused with tumeric butter) before bed eventually calmed things down a bit. Probably just the the fat element in it. Who knows.

Have as wonderful a day as you can on this weeks International Bin Day. Is it safe to make and then consume a cafetière of koffy this early in the day? Let’s find out.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After 2 days of attempting to respond to all the posts, I gave up, so a generalization again. Those who can paint, please do, loved the stormy artwork @gennepher and the apocalyptic painting @Muddy Cyclist of the 4 horsemen your next picture reminded me of Chinese drawing in some ways, think it might be the delicate brushstrokes of the tree branches and the overall colour combination. .Looking forward to today's paintings. @ianpspurs loved your story - look to see more of them. @geefull, there is a rumour going around this thread that your recipes are something all of us should know about. So can I add my vote for a new cookery book from you.
@SaskiaKC Hope all goes well for today's journey and that the apartment block is all that you like. Interested to know what kind of writing you do but aware that this might be too nosey?
@Debandez, oh to have your guts, going against the establishment like that. Well done you, although my more timid personality is a little concerned for any backlash you may experience, I would hate for you to be stopped from doing your local meetings (different thread) which would be such a shame as you are doing so much good to get the word out in your local area.
@SlimLizzy - hope the HbA1c test goes well for you today.

Monday and Tuesday's readings were 5.9. Got up earlier this morning, bloods 5.0, checked again and meter read 4.9. Go figure! Missed DP perhaps?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

We still have high blustery winds, and stair rod rain yesterday. Between squalls I was bagging debris, and doing a sort of repair on the fence. I was hoping to finish it before my neighbour came home (the not nice neighbour), but he and his wife came back. He had said before yesterday that the fence was my responsibility and not his, and wifey said the same. I told them on my deeds it specifically says it is their fence/wall. He got abusive and so did wifey...

I didn't respond, (I have told him it's his and he says he is going to have nothing to do with the repair, and wifey reiterated that), so I came in.

How am I repairing it? I am using split cane screening and reed screening. Both actually do quite well in windy storms, they bend a bit, but are still intact after the high winds, and are very cheap to replace. I already had some in my garage from last year because I bought some in the end of season sales.

He did do a parting shot that I was reducing the tone of the neighbourhood, at which point wifey dragged him in...

If this escalates then I have insurance for neighbour disputes and other stuff like it, up to half a million in any one year...

I am content with my repair. I like it, it was relatively easy and effortless, apart from me initially struggling with a 6 foot high 12 foot long split cane screening in gusty winds, but a few cable ties later I had anchored it enough to work on it better.

He was lucky I didn't use the orange netting I had...I was tempted, but I did the tasteful repair (in my eyes).

I am going out to check on it with Popeye once I have posted this.

So painting for today is still charcoal and graphite and storm and wind...

10FA9D07-2FFC-48C5-A45C-43AFF8651FC6.jpeg

So enjoy yourselves.
Have fun...all the fun you can...
Hugs if you need them...I have plenty to give out...going into battle hugs if they are needed...
Take care

Last edited:
Reactions: Barb McD

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve just read that you’ve been blocked too - hilarious! well done both of you for daring to question.
Thanks DJC I seem to have joined a very exclusive group...on a positive note it demonstrates DUK are hearing the justified criticism & it is having some effect...Charlie & Lola have a twitter account I wonder if they might want to send DUK a question;););)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After 2 days of attempting to respond to all the posts, I gave up, so a generalization again. Those who can paint, please do, loved the stormy artwork @gennepher and the apocalyptic painting @Muddy Cyclist of the 4 horsemen your next picture reminded me of Chinese drawing in some ways, think it might be the delicate brushstrokes of the tree branches and the overall colour combination. .Looking forward to today's paintings. @ianpspurs loved your story - look to see more of them. @geefull, there is a rumour going around this thread that your recipes are something all of us should know about. So can I add my vote for a new cookery book from you.
@SaskiaKC Hope all goes well for today's journey and that the apartment block is all that you like. Interested to know what kind of writing you do but aware that this might be too nosey?
@Debandez, oh to have your guts, going against the establishment like that. Well done you, although my more timid personality is a little concerned for any backlash you may experience, I would hate for you to be stopped from doing your local meetings (different thread) which would be such a shame as you are doing so much good to get the word out in your local area.
@SlimLizzy - hope the HbA1c test goes well for you today.

Monday and Tuesday's readings were 5.9. Got up earlier this morning, bloods 5.0, checked again and meter read 4.9. Go figure! Missed DP perhaps?

Hugs for trying to keep up with all the posts
5EEF3A8B-C9A0-4ECB-B987-953BDA8A2FAB.gif

Thank you for loving the stormy artwork!

You have a brilliant day!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...what a day yesterday I hardly recognise myself or this place...for a couple of weeks there's been a pile of files at the end of the dining table...lots of paperwork waiting to be done...finally finished yesterday & I can now see the dining table in it's full glory...Charlie & Lola had a successful 'hunting' trip in the garden brought me back a real trophy a crooked little twig...they are currently fighting over ownership it's hilarious to watch...woke at 5am then back to bed until 07:30 needed those extra couple of hours...first coffee delicious going in for another...woke to a 7.3 no idea why it is what it is...as ever hoping for better numbers tomorrow all in all a productive weekend.