Treatment type
Other
75 mg/dl , tested with lifestyle Optium meter

90 mg/dl ,tested at same time and finger with Caresens meter

Reactions: Divia

Divia

75 mg/dl , tested with lifestyle Optium meter

90 mg/dl ,tested at same time and finger with Caresens meter
I'm happy for you your BG is below 100! I've seen it is consistently so.

What did you do to revert your prediabetes? Thank you for sharing!

I don't have a monitor yet. About a week ago, I've got a 102 from a fasting blood glucose test I've done at a hospital. I'm informing myself and going low carb to revert it.

Any tips you can give me about how you've done it, I'd very much appreciate.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi Divia,

I started out doing the LCHF diet and after a good deal of bungling got it right and blood glucose values improved . Over time I tested out many different types of foods and remained with a good but somewhat limited selection.

I read of lot of good stuff on this forum ,kept an open mind and also tested out the carnivore diet. It has one great advantage and obviously its the high protein which prevents hunger.Even I reach a stage where I simply cannot go on eating. However I felt the need to continue eating some carbohydrates in the form of above ground grown vegetables.

So this is where I am now, low carb,high protein and medium high fats. Its the most suitable form of diet for me so far.

I would advise that you do the same when you are armed with your meter, test a lot let you BG be your navigator and through trial and error select your foods to ensure satiety, there is no need to starve yourself.

Stay determined and everthig will, I am sure , sort itself out .I wish you all the very best.

Oh yes, keep asking questions ,there are no stupid questions,only stupid answers.Also do blood tests from time to time to see that all the essential markers are within specifications. Hope this helps.

Reactions: exmoortom and Divia

Divia

Thank you very much, @Pasha!

I've got a meter!

Fast blood sugar this morning, about 6am:

The average is 89.

I took the three measures on different fingertips one after the other. My meter is the One Touch Verio, but I've ordered another one, too, that I'll receive next week.

I'm doing low carb. Yesterday I had 37g net carbs.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thank you very much, @Pasha!

I've got a meter!

Fast blood sugar this morning, about 6am:

The average is 89.

I took the three measures on different fingertips one after the other. My meter is the One Touch Verio, but I've ordered another one, too, that I'll receive next week.

I'm doing low carb. Yesterday I had 37g net carbs.

Excellent results Divia, may you go from strenght to strength. BRAVA !!!

Reactions: Divia

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
84 mg/dl very early this morning[ Freestyle Optium]

99 mg/dl with Caresens.