Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm still here! South east corner just north of the A303.
ooooh, very close to me! pm me if you've time in your plans and fancy meeting up for a coffee - I could make that for the next four days if you're staying put

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Unfortunately I went to bed extremely late so my “morning” started 3 hours ago. I think my pump is starting to aim for the 6.7 target and I finally got a beautiful 6.5 in auto mode. I’m doing a happy dance while sighing at my manager who hasn’t completed my reference for another job. She holding me back real hard here.
I should start putting hypo treats on a dedicated spot in the kitchen and tell bf to stay away, and possibly buy the tablets and glucose gels because that boy won’t touch those. If it’s biscuits, he’ll nibble.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I went to see my gp nurse and my hba1c has gone up from 6.0 to 7.2, which is expected since I started pumping. But my TIR is fab so I’m hopeful it’ll come back down once I see my DSN and consultant.

But awkwardly hba1c is a 3 month average, so I don’t know how much of an impact my pump had. The bloods were taken 3.5 weeks after my pump and I had my Dexcom before that and my TIR was around 70-75%. So a mystery indeed

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends,

Unfortunately I went to bed extremely late so my “morning” started 3 hours ago. I think my pump is starting to aim for the 6.7 target and I finally got a beautiful 6.5 in auto mode. I’m doing a happy dance while sighing at my manager who hasn’t completed my reference for another job. She holding me back real hard here.
I should start putting hypo treats on a dedicated spot in the kitchen and tell bf to stay away, and possibly buy the tablets and glucose gels because that boy won’t touch those. If it’s biscuits, he’ll nibble.

Mei - your employer isn't obliged to provide a reference, except in some very narrow circumstances indeed, like financial services - unless your contract states they will.

So, first step would be to check if your contract of employment makes refers to providing references. If it does, remind your boss of their obligations. If not, the you need to discuss your situation with your new employer.

It could well be that your current employer simply never provides references. I guess to them, if they don't provide a reference they can never be accused of being inaccurate.

Reactions: MeiChanski

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
ooooh, very close to me! pm me if you've time in your plans and fancy meeting up for a coffee - I could make that for the next four days if you're staying put

I can't this time which is a shame but another time would be great! A good friend has moved to the area so I will be here again.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't this time which is a shame but another time would be great! A good friend has moved to the area so I will be here again.
Ah, agree, shame - just give me a shout next time you're heading down this way - be good to meet up.

Reactions: Marie 2

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeovil way?

Bit further east. But I know Yeovil well! I passed my driving test there. Back in the first days of the theory tests. I tried to get my test in before the theory tests started but there was a five months waiting list.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, agree, shame - just give me a shout next time you're heading down this way - be good to meet up.

Will do. It would be great. Just got too many plans already for these few days.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello again,

My area manager agreed to write my reference so I’ll get that sorted tomorrow. So far I haven’t gained any weight and I’m in love with my pump today. Unfortunately I didn’t eat much and it has kept me stable until I touched jelly beans.

Reactions: chris85 type 1