Fiasp

Sweetbinty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I’m using omnipod and my diabetes nurse feels the novorapid is causing my hi bg readings post meals, she is looking to put me onto fiasp, has anyone else used this , is it any good

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Fiasp with injections, I don't have a pump. For me, it's much better than Novorapid. On Novorapid I tried to inject about 45 minutes before eating to try to keep the after dinner spikes to a minimum, with Fiasp I simply inject and eat.
I don't know how that would compare to Fiasp in a pump though.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fiasp is better than Apidra which I was using before in my pump, but I still have to wait about 20 minutes, unless my pre meal levels are below 4.6. My post meal spikes aren't normally as high or for as long, but have had a few vials that don't work at all. Seem to be filled with water, literally, even when newly opened.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I changed from Novorapid to Fiasp and I use a Medtronic pump. Everyone is different but for me Fiasp works much quicker than Novorapid and my BG doesn't rise as high as before. I have to be careful if my BG is below 6, as Fiasp works so quickly that I could go hypo before finishing my meal. (My target is between 6 and 8 and I am insulin sensitive). If my BG is below 6, I bolus when I finish eating and there's no problem.

Peggymac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, I use Omnipod and I changed from Humalog to Fiasp about 9 months ago. I find it faster and smoother. Go for it !

Lyndsey179

I use Fiasp with injections, I don't have a pump. For me, it's much better than Novorapid. On Novorapid I tried to inject about 45 minutes before eating to try to keep the after dinner spikes to a minimum, with Fiasp I simply inject and eat.
I don't know how that would compare to Fiasp in a pump though.
Hi thinking of trying fiasp as bs spikes . I wondered if I could just use it to lower highs but maybe defeats objective of stability. Currently use humulin S. Also I have fairly low carb diet.