What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@OldButBold and @DJC3 your days out sound wonderful. I hope y'all are having a wonderful time.

Thanks Saskia it was really interesting and still quite a thriving industry - they’ve done a lot of research into other areas clay can be used. It’s in paper, cosmetics, the breathable plastic bags that veg are packed in, and animal feed bizarrely. I’d no idea. We bounced about the quarries in an old LandRover wearing High viz and hard hats having great fun. Apparently the lifespan of a LandRover on the quarry is only 2 years. I can believe it - really rough terrain.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Saskia it was really interesting and still quite a thriving industry - they’ve done a lot of research into other areas clay can be used. It’s in paper, cosmetics, the breathable plastic bags that veg are packed in, and animal feed bizarrely. I’d no idea. We bounced about the quarries in an old LandRover wearing High viz and hard hats having great fun. Apparently the lifespan of a LandRover on the quarry is only 2 years. I can believe it - really rough terrain.
That sounds like a very educational visit and glad you enjoyed it! Its great to have a day out like that and Cornwall has such an illustrious history.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from whizzing around about a hour ago. Just time whilst dinner was cooking to do a quick A4 watercolour sketch 15 minutes, inspired by this morning's sun rise over Trent Valley with the Three Sisiters rising above the mist in the valley and all the layers of hills and trees. Note Three Sisters is Lichfield Cathedral.

IMG_2618.JPG

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from whizzing around about a hour ago. Just time whilst dinner was cooking to do a quick A4 watercolour sketch 15 minutes, inspired by this morning's sun rise over Trent Valley with the Three Sisiters rising above the mist in the valley and all the layers of hills and trees. Note Three Sisters is Lichfield Cathedral.

View attachment 38781
It just gets better and better and as a non artist all I can say is you just draw me right inand I thank you for that.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum sorry for your news about your Aunty. Seems like it was a peaceful departure from this mortal coil, still sad though.
@Krystyna23040 poor Archie, sounds like you have got him comfortable, I hope he continues to improve quickly.

@jjraak good news regarding your nephew and new job prospects.

@DJC3 seems you had an interesting day and got bounced around in the old Bonnet Up (Land Rover) so called because off road , bits were always dropping off and owners would open the Bonnet to make sure it was all still there. :joyful:

@SaskiaKC how did it go?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds like a very educational visit and glad you enjoyed it! Its great to have a day out like that and Cornwall has such an illustrious history.

We went to Fowey too PM, I thought of you! Along a secret road which used to be a railway but was shut after being Beeching-ed, the clay company bought the land and paved over the track so now they have a direct route to the harbour. Can you imagine big lorries trying to get the huge cargo down to the ships through those little streets otherwise? Mr C really struggles with the dustcart in the summer.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 seems you had an interesting day and got bounced around in the old Bonnet Up (Land Rover) so called because off road , bits were always dropping off and owners would open the Bonnet to make sure it was all still there.

Haha I can believe that - it was as good as a fairground ride!

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 38781

This is beautiful @Muddy Cyclist

Barb McD

Every day I wake up & sit up for my routine.

1. What day is it
2. What time am or pm (open curtain)
3. What do I need to do to get up
4. Then I remember everything.

So in a world I often don’t recognise, with a reflection I don’t know, the only constants are the faces of those I love. Well the ones who loved me back, some people are just little painful memories.

I come onto the forum, read comments and share my breakfast of tea in my “fluff you you fluffin’ fluffs” mug and realise that although I am alone in the kitchen I am NOT ALONE.

I’m sorry for lurking, perhaps liking convos I’m not part of, but I do this because your (all of you, this & other threads) posts, letters, messages of hope, friendship and support to each other...

it gives me hope

that one day soon I’ll find a little of this camaraderie of my own.

Thank you.

B

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

1. What day is it

So in a world I often don’t recognise, with a reflection I don’t know, the only constants are the faces of those I love. Well the ones who loved me back, some people are just little painful memories.

I come onto the forum, read comments and share my breakfast of tea in my “fluff you you fluffin’ fluffs” mug and realise that although I am alone in the kitchen I am NOT ALONE.

I’m sorry for lurking, perhaps liking convos I’m not part of, but I do this because your (all of you, this & other threads) posts, letters, messages of hope, friendship and support to each other...

it gives me hope

Thank you.

B

Hi Barb,

I actually started this thread for the reasons you mention. Having Asperger's Syndrome I am pretty bad at being social, I certainly have no real life social skills. However, I loved reading what other people had to say about their day and although I knew I'd never be good enough to keep up with all the chatter it became a place for me to come to feel that I not only belonged but I wasn't alone.

Don't apologise for lurking, I still do it and as far as I'm concerned you took the step to voice a part of your story here and now you're family.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

1. What day is it

it gives me hope

Thank you.

B
@Barb McD Such courage to share this. @OldButBold creator and mentor of this thread says what needs to be said most passionately. The support and friendship here is excellent, you are most welcome and I hope you are able to join in the comaraderie.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 38781
wow - you painted this beautiful picture in 15minutes. Really amazing.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 and @Muddy Cyclist Archie is much improved. The meds are definitely working. Nothing untoward came out of either end since he started the meds and he definitely is much happier tonight.

That’s a relief for all of you - it’s no fun cleaning up after a sick animal, however adorable they are. Hope you both sleep well.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

1. What day is it

it gives me hope

Thank you.

B

Don’t apologise for lurking, @OldButBold put it wonderfully - you are family. We all pop in and out as our lives outside the forum and this thread move along, but it’s like ‘Cheers’ here - a place where everybody knows your name, and they’re always glad you came.

Reactions: Barb McD and Ryhia

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It just gets better and better and as a non artist all I can say is you just draw me right inand I thank you for that.
wow - you painted this beautiful picture in 15minutes. Really amazing.
Thank you all.

@Krystyna23040 The time Actually painting was 15 minutes, I have to confess having to wait 15 minutes before I could put the tree in, gave me chance to prepare the Stuffed Peppers for tea, I needed to allow the paper to dry or the tree would have bled into the landscape and sky. It's just a big brush, lots of water, daubing paint and allowing the paint to run by tilting the paper.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

4.7 yesterday and 4.5 today

we took Katy for her next encounter with the groomer this morning, she had a bath, dryer and brush up session and came out looking like an animated powder puff :D

We're still working on the partial sessions to get her used to being groomed and clipped gradually ;) first time she's been left with the groomer and we've walked away for a few minutes. She was certainly as glad to see us as we were to get her back afterwards :joyful:

Forgot it was bin day when we went out and just made it back in time :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

Congratulations to Katy!
I spent the day with an animated powder puff -- a powder puff Chinese Crested dog. He rode with me in the back of my friends' van today and spent the whole trip curled up in his round bed like a filler in the center of a doughnut. Periodically he would step out of his bed and stretch and give my feet a sniff and then go back and dig around in his bed and curl up again.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations to Katy!
I spent the day with an animated powder puff -- a powder puff Chinese Crested dog. He rode with me in the back of my friends' van today and spent the whole trip curled up in his round bed like a filler in the center of a doughnut. Periodically he would step out of his bed and stretch and give my feet a sniff and then go back and dig around in his bed and curl up again.

Hi @SaskiaKC how was your day?
The dog sounds cute!

Reactions: jjraak