What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a straight 5.0 on the dice today, good score for me of late and I'm not sure I believe it, maybe should have retested, It was MiLs lamb broth for tea last night, sent up from her cave in a pan, wing of bat eye of newt etc, was tasty though.

So pleased, almost relieved your road trip went well @SaskiaKC , I hope the move goes smoothly and KC settles well there, a big thumbs up to your friends for taking you too.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a straight 5.0 on the dice today, good score for me of late and I'm not sure I believe it, maybe should have retested, It was MiLs lamb broth for tea last night, sent up from her cave in a pan, wing of bat eye of newt etc, was tasty though.

So pleased, almost relieved your road trip went well @SaskiaKC , I hope the move goes smoothly and KC settles well there, a big thumbs up to your friends for taking you too.

Thank you. :)
The lamb broth sounds delicious, especially with the added wing of bat and eye of newt. It is so hard to find fresh batwings these days! I will have to look in the Cave Specialties aisle next time I go grocery shopping.
Have a good morning and evening.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a noisy and windy dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of a hipperty hopperty dance up and down the hallway, eventually navigating the staircase of doom, one step at a time and a liver in now full support mode, blew out a “serves you right” 5.6 this am.

I have no idea why I wander round the house at night without turning lights on but this morning I was definately not in stealth mode by any stretch of the imagination.

Can’t stand still long enough to catch up with everything but good news for @jjraak and a big hurrah! For our champion @Debandez taking on the enemy at the lists.

Doctors appointment at 0840, the walk may do me some good if the wind is favourable. Grandchildren arriving late afternoon so it’s all hands to the fireguards, lock up your breakables and lay out the drawing paper and crayons.

Have as wonderful a day as you can, lurkers and posters alike. Koffy calls, I can hear it’s call even over the sound of the wind.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Think I caught up about 4 pages of posts but if I missed anything important I apologise. @Barb McD moving post and as said you now have a huge family and circle of friends - relax, enjoy and stay as long as you can. @SaskiaKC the new community sounds a really good fit for you and the day sounded like the kind of gift a loving creator might have included in his plan for you. @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher such talented artists - thank you for sharing. @dunelm hug for needing the hipperty, hoppety. @trick60 great fbg and broth sounds as though it comes straight from DD. Hopefully this post is friendly enough. Can't lie and say I don't need Titus 2 V 8 and scripture in general to make me a nicer kinder little boy - give thanks where it is due. May your numbers be as low as you want and your pleasures soar like and eagle today.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning all I'm back out of the plains 6.5, bother!

@SaskiaKC all sounds good I hope your aches quickly ease away.

@Debandez a YouTube demonstration, I would enjoy doing that although Mrs MC would insist I tidied up my studio if all the world was going to see it, also I don't have a clue where to begin. :) All those years in IT and it's starting to leave me behind.

@dunelm hugs for the discomfort you are having to suffer. Winner for a day with kids, I have all my granddaughters arriving in a hour and they are having a sleep over so like you lots to get ready. Hope the wind is in your favour both there and back to docs.

So a busy two days of entertaining Granddaughters and feeding their moms and dads tonight and Friday evenings. Also arriving Friday will be my sons new Vegan partner along with her three young boys who we have not yet met, also all Vegan. GOing to be interesting, 3 young girls, 3 young boys I can't help wondering who will be the noisiest, any bets?

Do what ever you do well today.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay ...back...
Fbg 7.1

This will be the last painting/drawing for the foreseeable future done in charcoal and graphite. Why was the charcoal and graphite in the garage in the first place? Because I cannot use that or my vast array of soft pastels indoors. It aggravates my asthma and I cannot breathe well, and it settles on my eye lashes causing eye irritation...

I will have to wait until the spring/summer when I paint outdoors early morning. I need fine days, I have tables in the garden and parasols...

I do have those clear safety goggles to protect my eyes when I use pastels, and I have dust masks to go over my mouth...oh wait...I am already prepared for the pandemic....but if my nasty neighbour looks over the fence, he is going to think....

Anyway, this charcoal/graphite painting/drawing this morning is more spring like. It is with reluctance I am going to have to give this charcoal&graphite up for the moment. But then it has freed me up a bit for the next lot of painting stuff I do.

E46CF01A-4963-453F-BD6F-B0598E8CE4A8.jpeg

I am going to have to love you and leave you...will catch up later
Hugs
Take care
Have fun
xxx

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. :) I had a wonderful time. Not only do I love the apartment community, I also loved being out on the road again, traveling. I have missed that; I didn't realize how much until we were heading up the highway. It did not rain one single drop all day; there was just some light fog, but not on the highway, and the traffic was fairly light.
While I was meeting with the apartment manager my friends drove around the little town and reported that they liked it a lot. I wish we had had time for me to explore it with them, but with the winter days still fairly short, and none of us being youngsters anymore, I was just happy that we were able to drive there and back all in one day. I am now exhausted (and achy) but that is easily cured with a couple of acetaminophen pills and, now, a warm cat in my lap (it has only taken her 2 hours to accept that I am home and to forgive me and welcome me back).

I’m so happy for you Saskia it sounds perfect. When are you hoping to make the move? ( sorry if you’ve already mentioned this)

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning.
@gennepher I love that charcoal drawing, definitely signs of Spring showing there.
Today I’m off to the Lost Gardens of Heligan hoping to see more signs of Spring but it’s cold wet and grotty outside so I might just look out from the cafe.
Have fun everyone.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning I'm hot to trot at 6.1.

Yesterday's trip to the wildlife park was awesome even though it was pouring with rain. My favourite was the red panda, I mean, how cute can something be? I wanted to take it home but I may get banned for that idea. The animals all looked healthy and well cared for with non of the pacing around because they are going mad that was common in zoos.

The funniest part was when I sat in the cafe. To my right through the window was the outdoor monkey arena, whilst ahead of me was the indoor toddlers play area. I couldn't tell the difference :)

@OldButBold Thank you again for teaching me how to selectively copy parts of posts. Can you see how good I have gotten at it? :D

Your expertise is astounding ;):D

Can you sort a you tube tutorial out please ;-)

I'll see what I can do, I don't have a YouTube channel but I guess I could start one.

a YouTube demonstration, I would enjoy doing that although Mrs MC would insist I tidied up my studio if all the world was going to see it, also I don't have a clue where to begin. :) All those years in IT and it's starting to leave me behind.

Well if I have to do it then I guess a YouTube video on how to create a YouTube video is in order. Now you have no excuse (see how kind I am) :)

I changed the vid to the one above, much better

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyway, this charcoal/graphite painting/drawing this morning is more spring like. It is with reluctance I am going to have to give this charcoal&graphite up for the moment. But then it has freed me up a bit for the next lot of painting stuff I do.
I like this one very much, one of your best charcoal pieces of art shared with us IMO, brilliant! Loved the light and delicate suggestion of spring in the green.

Reactions: Ryhia and ianpspurs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC your day sounded really great, the journey, the friendship and the cherry on the pie being the apartment. I am both delighted and excited for you. It is heartening that you met some friendly people there. Did you get to figure out anything about how your furniture will fit? I know you will have felt bad about leaving the KC behind for the day but sometimes we all have to do stuff and I am sure she enjoyed her picnic. She will doubtless enjoy watching the birds in the trees in your new place.
Try and have a restful day today and hope the aches go away.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...had to dash off to work yesterday up the A1(M) took me a while to get myself together...finished relatively early set off home feeling optimistic about another coffee feet up & a little rubbish TV before I tidied up this pig sty...left Charlie & Lola out of their room they had the run of the house...all seemed fine when I got back thankfully...a bit of a sore throat this morning & a little snotty could possibly explain my higher numbers recently...woke to a 7.3 (again) straight on the Lemsip Max.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 for me today and no clue why, really. Maybe ate too much of the right things. Oh well that was yesterday.
@Barb McD glad you are here with us, lurk or join in when you can.
@gennepher thank you for the amazing charcol today which is full of light and hope. I had no idea the cost to your health using these materials which makes your sharing even more precious. @dunelm and @Muddy Cyclist enjoy the time with the littlies today. Probably also applies to @ianpspurs and hope the boxes are diminishing daily.
@DJC3 sounds like you are on a tour of Cornwall’s best this week. I havent been to the Lost Gardens yet so look forward to your report. @trick60 congrats on fbg very envious.
have a good Thursday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning I'm hot to trot at 6.1.

Yesterday's trip to the wildlife park was awesome even though it was pouring with rain. My favourite was the red panda, I mean, how cute can something be? I wanted to take it home but I may get banned for that idea. The animals all looked healthy and well cared for with non of the pacing around because they are going mad that was common in zoos.

The funniest part was when I sat in the cafe. To my right through the window was the outdoor monkey arena, whilst ahead of me was the indoor toddlers play area. I couldn't tell the difference :)

Your expertise is astounding ;):D

I'll see what I can do, I don't have a YouTube channel but I guess I could start one.

Well if I have to do it then I guess a YouTube video on how to create a YouTube video is in order. Now you have no excuse (see how kind I am) :)

I gave you a winner but also you deserve a funny and informative. I could be tempted with the YouTube demo although looking at painting demos there are some much better artists demonstrating than I will ever be. Could do it just for this thread but I don't think you can put on limitations to who sees it. Maybe just a video clip on a google blog hmmmm, food for thought?