Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome @Razzamuffin ! It can be hard to figure out how much you need especially at the beginning when you are in the honeymoon period. It can be up and down.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robinredbreast. We too are having to replace fence. It is between us and neighbours and after looking at deeds discovered it to be a party fence. Husband did the right thing and went round to offer to go halves. The guy is 86, has always replaced himself, but had already got quotes to get someone in. In 40 years none of his previous neighbours at sides or back had offered. He was made up. Mind you the price made us gulp!
Just had second cup of tea myself, and am still sat in bed. Husband off birding. I am going to be leisurely.
Will have to ring Abbott though, latest sensor is totally bonkers. 3/4 out with a map like the Himalayas. Having to rely on finger pricks. Haven’t done that in a couple of years.

I am lucky that my son is good at DIY and can really turn his hand to most things. The 6ft fence was put in by a tree surgeon, I found him in yellow pages, so rang and left a message, he was in the year below me at school, so I got ' school mate rates' which was great and he added some trellis along the top for free. He also cut down some trees for me too.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning, awoke on a flipping 2.4, but it is rising nicely now..................stupid diabetes :meh::rolleyes:
Have good day everyone :hungover:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I have several hypo treats in different areas, my hubby would not dare touch any of them. In fact he helps make sure they stay well supplied.

My BG’s have been wanting to shoot higher with a delayed reaction after eating for some reason the last few days, the mysteries of T1.

@SueJB There is something called foot on the floor “FOTF” that is similar to DP . DP is before you wake in preparation for waking and FOTF is when you feet literally hit the floor and your liver starts then. Your body can do either or both if it pleases.

Mine has been doing more FOTF than DP lately.
@Marie 2 the question is though, can the liver do the former in the :hilarious:horizontal?:hilarious::hilarious::D:hilarious:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all from the wild, wet and windy south east of Somerset!

An exciting day awaits meeting the off-spring of one of my youth people of the 1990s. A group of people of whom I am inordinately proud and who have all made impacts on their worlds. And who all revert to teenagers around me. Their off-spring usually work out I know stories about their parents that they don't.

Anyway cake also awaits so I'd better go and tackle the morning flat pack furniture building before going out to play!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, spent most of the night surfing the top edge of the range despite a bed time correction - suppose it could have been worse then. Breakfast with an extended pre-bolus and now sitting on a 7.2 heading south-east :happy:.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, did my first toad patrol yesterday evening. Two hours up and down the road with another patroller, we saved 22 toads and 1 great crested newt. Felt very virtuous at the end of it :smug: Didn't allow for the effect it might have overnight (I don't usually walk for two hours in the evening) and woke on a 3.1. Need to allow for that on my next shift. Interesting to see that some cars slowed down when they saw us/the signs and others just drove past waaaaay too fast. Still, no toads squashed on our watch!

@Japes how great to have those contacts from the past, sounds like a great day ahead.

@Razzamuffin like everyone has said the honeymoon period can really mess you up but it's bearable, especially if you remember that it will settle down. And there are good reasons not to bring your bg down from whatever high level you were running at too quickly, so take it slowly and the false hypos will stop too. Good luck & keep posting & asking.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Meet up was another lovely sesh. I have experienced my first kinked cannula tonight but the cookie was worth it.

Sorry I missed you guys tonight but the support of my wife is parramount. Yep, we picked out some solid frames at a 6pm optician closing, (wifey already had the scrypt from a recent test.) then. Lol went veggie Indian.. BGs faired pretty well. Not the usual amount I bolus for.

A kinked cannula? I'm finding these 4mm pen needles lacking too.. What do you think these jokers are doing in production.?

Give me the good ol days of knitting needles..

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, someone please tell me it's Friday!?!

BGs skimming along in the top half of the range over night :happy: But I am currently at 4.9 heading south, hopefully it'll level out soon.......might need a helping hand - glucotabs at the ready.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
There's so much water around. The stream at the bottom of the garden is rising and looks like a rive. Next door's garden is starting to go under a bit like the rest of the country. Fingers crossed for sunshine and no showers either here or further up stream.
It IS Friday @slip
Madam BG in low 6s again on waking. I want to be a 5!!
Here's to a dry weekend with a few G&Ts

Reactions: Marie 2 and porl69

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fuuny that @SueJB on my drive in splashing through the edge of the river this morning I thought about your stream at the bottom of the garden and wondered how far it had come up - and then you post about it :eek:.

Following on from my earlier post: Glucotabs consumed......

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Fuuny that @SueJB on my drive in splashing through the edge of the river this morning I thought about your stream at the bottom of the garden and wondered how far it had come up - and then you post about it :eek:.

Following on from my earlier post: Glucotabs consumed......
Thanks @slip .The stream looks like a little river but think it may have gone down a bit but that must be wishful thinking. Been doing quite a lot of that recently. Hope your area is OK

Last edited:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We're all ok at home thanks, just the commute at one particular spot is very close to the river and the river is just lapping on to the road although like you I think the level has dropped ever so slightly since yesterday.