What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m so happy for you Saskia it sounds perfect. When are you hoping to make the move? ( sorry if you’ve already mentioned this)

I haven't, and thank you for asking. :) The moving date will depend on how quickly the paperwork comes back from all the agencies involved, and, once that's back, it will just be a matter of waiting until there is a vacancy. The manager mentioned one prospective tenant who applied last November and is still waiting, but that's only been a few months. I am hoping for late Spring - early Summer.
Since the federal government subsidizes tenants' rents in these senior properties, the properties have to collect financial information such as bank statement confirmations, costs of prescription drugs, pension statements -- anything having to do with income and any financial assets. I signed my name like a bestselling author yesterday, to doc after doc after doc -- and now all those release forms must be sent out to the banks, etc., for confirmation of the financial info I entered on the application form.

The little dog who traveled with us yesterday reminded me of Dennis with all his facial hair -- a Chinese Crested powder puff, with eyebrows and mustache and ear-tufts. :)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I only wish I could paste this whole post to Twitter! Many people commenting, supportive, so many new followers every day. Just proves how powerful social media is. Definitely our way to get diabetics to be given the option of low carb (type 1 and 2 as I believe beneficial for both). I live in hope. Thanks for the vote of confidence. It means so much. I am the voice of many.

Can only speak as i find, O Warrior Princess.

btw life sounding GOOD.
Enjoy that new car feeling..aahh :happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: trick60

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes you are our beacon and I admire you greatly. I have spoken to so many people with T2 about low carb but it just falls on deaf ears. Yes you are a very special person, who can make differences in peoples' lives, little wonder the other side is running scared - but they will be lurking so just be careful.

that deaf ears syndrome..i think it's one of the complications of T2D.

We just can't realise how hoodwinked we have been for SO long and want others to see the light.

Sadly the TWM* virus has spread too far and become a Pandemic amongst the majority of the mortals..
(well we ain't..we're gonna live FOREVER, Right ;) ...NOW we Know the secret to foods.;) :D )

*three wise monkeys

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dunelm
This morning I'm hot to trot at 6.1.

Yesterday's trip to the wildlife park was awesome even though it was pouring with rain. My favourite was the red panda, I mean, how cute can something be? I wanted to take it home but I may get banned for that idea. The animals all looked healthy and well cared for with non of the pacing around because they are going mad that was common in zoos.

The funniest part was when I sat in the cafe. To my right through the window was the outdoor monkey arena, whilst ahead of me was the indoor toddlers play area. I couldn't tell the difference :)

LOL i enjoyed reading about that! :)
I love red pandas, too. How nice that the animals are well cared for. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC your day sounded really great, the journey, the friendship and the cherry on the pie being the apartment. I am both delighted and excited for you. It is heartening that you met some friendly people there. Did you get to figure out anything about how your furniture will fit? I know you will have felt bad about leaving the KC behind for the day but sometimes we all have to do stuff and I am sure she enjoyed her picnic. She will doubtless enjoy watching the birds in the trees in your new place.
Try and have a restful day today and hope the aches go away.

Thank you. :)
I am hoping for an upstairs apartment, with a balcony, so that (hopefully) the KittenCat will be enclosed should she try to dash out when I open the door onto it. I would worry about that happening if we had a ground floor apartment, as instead of a balcony the sliding glass door opens onto a little patio that is open to the back lawn. I think she would love looking out through a ground-floor glass door, though -- but I don't like to think how freaked out she would be at sight of her first deer ... or bear!

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
is that a little high for you..?
if so might be the dentists playing a little on you ?

best wishes for tomorrow..hope all goes well.
Thanks,@jjraak. Yes, my fbs have been raised for several weeks accompanied by a strange sore mouth which hasn't responded to mouthwashes, hence the dentist's visit. GP suspects it is related to my diabetes. I have an appointment on Monday for my annual diabetic check-up too. My recent Hba1c wasn't too bad at 56 or 58? so it's a mystery. Best wishes to you.:)

Reactions: alf_Josiah

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The days with grandchildren sound like fun, cheek-tweaking included!
I wish you all a lovely afternoon ... now that I have eaten my sausages and swallowed my pills I am going to heed the KittenCat's call and go back to bed for a while ...
:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks,@jjraak. Yes, my fbs have been raised for several weeks accompanied by a strange sore mouth which hasn't responded to mouthwashes, hence the dentist's visit. GP suspects it is related to my diabetes. I have an appointment on Monday for my annual diabetic check-up too. My recent Hba1c wasn't too bad at 56 or 58? so it's a mystery. Best wishes to you.:)

Oh of course..how could i forget..Doh.:banghead:

yes that would explain it perfectly.

best wishes it's a simple fix, and you get back on the plains as soon as possible.
hugs for the day.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I hope the dentist will be able to diagnose the problem and clear it up for you. I wonder if it could be exacerbated by all the stress that has been thrown at you recently. A straightforward physical condition might be easier to diagnose.
Hugs.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 yesterday
5.1 today.....happy

Yesterday I had so much to do, sorting out BIL flat. Buying new furniture for him, sofa, book shelf, chairs, TV table. Measuring for carpets, doing his shopping and washing but still tweeting frantically in between! I'm a little addicted. Hoping to make waves to help make changes in the future.

House sale went through so now looking for another project. A house that needs lots of TLC so there will be many viewings to fit in over next few weeks.

Today we are picking up our new car. Then driving it around dropping off my leaflets confirming my next diabetes support session. Got my new laptop from Ebay. Reconditioned. £79. 11.6 inches of deliciousness. I love it. My old laptop was driving me bananas (bananas and me dont work well!). Soooo sloooooooow. So I've treated myself. It's going to be for my presentations (my journey), you tube video (when I am ready) and will only be used for my diabetes stuff. Even investing in a special USB stick. In a 2nd hand shop yesterday I spotted a lovely flip chart for £20. I got very excited. Just what I'm looking for i told the lady. Of course i gave her a few of my cards and shared my journey as I do with lots of unsuspecting victims (got it to a fine art now and can knock it off in 3 mins!). She gave it to me for £5! Happy days. Will do a demo/photoshoot with it later!

Having granddaughter overnight. So fun times later on and a day of adventures with her tomorrow. And tweek our new grandsons cheek. They are so tweekable!

Raining here on the NW coast but winds have died down.

Have a good day everyone.

Might be worth investing in an external hard drive and keeping all your files on it - I have a 1TB one, smaller than a fag packet - helps to prevent clutter on your your laptop. I also save everything drop box also, just in case.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh can’t you tell that it’s half term and time to unload the kids onto their grandparents. Ours are still inbound (three) and we will have them until Sunday. All preparations are now complete including strips of duck tape for the noisy one.

Doctor decided to give me some extra special under the counter products (“you know you want some”) that will allegedly numb the pain in order to do previously issued exercises - only a week’s worth though, don’t want to end up on the dark side of the moon, howling about tidal locking.

Journey home from doctors, via supermarket, was a live test of waterproof coats and the ability to tack into the squall without letting go of a shopping bag. Afternoon spent mainly trying to sort out how things can be uploaded onto my Brother’s website - by phone as he lives in France - good old google docs and the ability to share sprang to the rescue. Back into town for another bag of shopping - because that’s how I roll.

Drug van has just dropped off my dose of kumquat juice so better take some and then do more exercises - TTFN.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't, and thank you for asking. :) The moving date will depend on how quickly the paperwork comes back from all the agencies involved, and, once that's back, it will just be a matter of waiting until there is a vacancy. The manager mentioned one prospective tenant who applied last November and is still waiting, but that's only been a few months. I am hoping for late Spring - early Summer.
Since the federal government subsidizes tenants' rents in these senior properties, the properties have to collect financial information such as bank statement confirmations, costs of prescription drugs, pension statements -- anything having to do with income and any financial assets. I signed my name like a bestselling author yesterday, to doc after doc after doc -- and now all those release forms must be sent out to the banks, etc., for confirmation of the financial info I entered on the application form.

The little dog who traveled with us yesterday reminded me of Dennis with all his facial hair -- a Chinese Crested powder puff, with eyebrows and mustache and ear-tufts. :)

That’s a lot of paperwork, but it’ll be worth it I’m sure. I’m keeping everything crossed for you to move in the Spring. Perfect time for a new start.
Glad to hear of you had a friendly canine travelling companion, can’t beat a dog with eyebrows and a moustache.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 sounds like you are on a tour of Cornwall’s best this week. I havent been to the Lost Gardens yet so look forward to your report. .

Oh you must go to Heligan if you have a spare day of your hols. It’s vast and wonderful, there’s woodland, a jungle ( with rope bridge - Dennis and I don’t cross there) formal gardens, veg, ponds, livestock - mostly rare breeds. I have an annual pass and go fairly often, Dennis likes the woodland walk. The cafe is good too with all homemade and home grown produce, sometimes a bit carby though. Today was cold and wet but it meant the half term crowds didn’t materialise until lunchtime which was good for us.
There is a great shop there too, sells a great selection of gin! in fact I bought a new coat there today, it’s SeaSalt brand, 100% waterproof with a lifetime guarantee and it was half price, I’ve been meaning to get a good waterproof coat for ages as mine just isn’t coping with the Cornish wind and rain. A good day.
Do you find your fbg is higher if you eat later in the evening? It seems to have quite a big effect on me, but it can make the evening seem long if I’ve eaten at 5.

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh you must go to Heligan if you have a spare day of your hols. It’s vast and wonderful, there’s woodland, a jungle ( with rope bridge - Dennis and I don’t cross there) formal gardens, veg, ponds, livestock - mostly rare breeds. I have an annual pass and go fairly often, Dennis likes the woodland walk. The cafe is good too with all homemade and home grown produce, sometimes a bit carby though. Today was cold and wet but it meant the half term crowds didn’t materialise until lunchtime which was good for us.
There is a great shop there too, sells a great selection of gin! in fact I bought a new coat there today, it’s SeaSalt brand, 100% waterproof with a lifetime guarantee and it was half price, I’ve been meaning to get a good waterproof coat for ages as mine just isn’t coping with the Cornish wind and rain. A good day.
Do you find your fbg is higher if you eat later in the evening? It seems to have quite a big effect on me, but it can make the evening seem long if I’ve eaten at 5.
Oh that sounds wonderful and I will put it in my planner for my next visit. Seasalt has been my favourite shop for some years now, the colours are wonderful. It can be a bit pricey though so great you got a bargain. I do believe their clothes are really well made and the thing I also like is I am usually a size smaller there lol. Agree about the eating time but I do like to eat with Mr PM which is usually 8pm. Glad you had a good day out, food for the soul, non carby Obs. ;)

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That’s a lot of paperwork, but it’ll be worth it I’m sure. I’m keeping everything crossed for you to move in the Spring. Perfect time for a new start.
Glad to hear of you had a friendly canine travelling companion, can’t beat a dog with eyebrows and a moustache.

Thank you. :)

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear that problem is persisting, must be very uncomfortable. Hope the dentist is able to solve it. Take care.