testing family members

nanamama

Hello! I could use some advice. For various reasons, I feel the need to check a fasting, random and post-prandial glucose level on several family members. I cannot afford to purchase several monitors to do this only once for each person involved. None have any contagious illnesses. Is there a safe way to use one monitor for checking 4 people (one set of 3 checks each) this once? Our granddaughter is working on a science project that needs this data. It will be a great learning opportunity for her and her class. Thanks to any and all who respond.

D

Deleted member 308541

I cannot afford to purchase several monitors to do this only once for each person involved.
You can use the same monitor / meter, as you will be using a new strip with each person, also use a new lancet each time with each person.

nanamama

You can use the same monitor / meter, as you will be using a new strip with each person, also use a new lancet each time with each person.
Thank you. This was my assumption but I did not want to risk anything that may cause another person any problems. I feel better knowing this is the case. I appreciate your taking the time to respond to such a basic question.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I agree with @Tipetoo you just need to change the lancet. I often do this to check on my mums bgs. She’s type two but dosent test herself on a very regular basis at age of 89 but likes to know how’s she’s doing perodically so we just use fresh lancet and strip and take her bgs on my bg meter.

Only possible problem is if you use your bg meter to keep a track of your own bg average as clearly it won’t be accurate. Hope your grand daughters project goes well

Last edited: