R-ala

maryrachel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Beetroot
Hi. Has anyone got any experience of taking r-ala? What did you take it for? How effective was it, what amount per day and where would you recommend getting it from? I am hoping it will help with restless legs and neuropathy??

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have taken it for several years. I only have very mild neuropathy in my feet (caused by chemotherapy, not diabetes) but I find the R-ALA makes it disappear. I stopped taking it a couple of years ago and the neuropathy came back, so I started again and am still taking it.

I buy mine from here https://www.healthmonthly.co.uk/swa... Double Strength R-Fraction Alpha Lipoic Acid

and have one 100mg tablet a day, but as I said, my problem was very mild.

It is worth a try.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi. Has anyone got any experience of taking r-ala? What did you take it for? How effective was it, what amount per day and where would you recommend getting it from? I am hoping it will help with restless legs and neuropathy??

Hi @maryrachel, sorry, I have no knowledge of r-ala, but I do have Restless Leg Syndrome and I take Ropinirole, twice a day, prescribed by my Gp

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hello there Mary - I took it for a couple of months ago for post-surgical neuropthy on my ribs I was told might, or might not, go away naturally.

After several weeks, my neuropathy eased, to the point where provided I don't wear underwired bras for any more than a few hours, I can manage it well.

Did the R-ALA work it's magic, or did Mother Nature just do what she can do well? Who knows, but it felt good at the time to be trying something to ease the pain that didn't involve heavy meds.

In winding up, I'll just say, I'm not huge on supplements, but when doing my research, I couldn't find anything reporting R-ALA as being harmful or having alarming interactions, so it seemed worthwhile giving it a go.