What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning 1 black coffee at home then out for a cold wet walk around Heligan with daughter and grandchildren. 1/2 term activities for them included making fat bomb bird feeders to hang on the tree in my front garden. Hope they attract finches. More black coffee in the cafe to warm up afterwards.
L: they all requested https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-pizza-omelet which they’d tried a couple of weeks ago.
D: Bacon cheeseburger which the girls enjoyed making. Mixed salad h/m mayo and a bit of horseradish mixed in ( good call @Antje77 )
@shelley262 what a frustrating travelling day, I hope the water level drops soon.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning 1 black coffee at home then out for a cold wet walk around Heligan with daughter and grandchildren. 1/2 term activities for them included making fat bomb bird feeders to hang on the tree in my front garden. Hope they attract finches. More black coffee in the cafe to warm up afterwards.
L: they all requested https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-pizza-omelet which they’d tried a couple of weeks ago.
D: Bacon cheeseburger which the girls enjoyed making. Mixed salad h/m mayo and a bit of horseradish mixed in ( good call @Antje77 )
@shelley262 what a frustrating travelling day, I hope the water level drops soon.
I’ve just added horseradish to my next online grocery shop for Saturday delivery - keen to try it in my lc coleslaw next week idea courtesy of @Antje77 ! Good to hear it works in mayo @DJC3.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. @PenguinMum the sauce is easy to make, although sometimes I lose my nerve and don’t let it brown enough.

@Annb I find that eating early can trigger me into eating more too.

Well, having started putting my work bag away into its weekend cupboard this evening, I had the disappointing realisation that today is Thursday not Friday :bigtears:, however dinner has restored my good mood.

Lunch was the usual bacon eggs and cheese.

Dinner was the most delicious batch of air fried lamb ribs I’ve made yet. To the usual marinade of olive oil, thyme, garlic and pink Himalayan salt I added a decent amount of fresh lime juice. Left in the fridge for about 20 hours. Totally delicious.

View attachment 38785

Those ribs look wonderful. Glad the day ended well in spite of the not-the-end-of-the-week mix up. I hate it when I do that.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
More or less the same as yesterday. Leftover cheesy crust omelet with onion, bell pepper and bacon didn't seem enough so I fried 2 onions very slowly (close to an hour, as I got a phonecall when they were almost done, good thing I remembered to turn the gas low and put a whaddyacallit between the fire and the pan at 10 minutes into the phone call :hilarious:). Leftover cabbage-cucumber salad didn't look like it was enough either so I added some cabbage, cucumber and mustard and now of course have leftover salad again.
Tasted good, can recommend doing a long phone call while frying onions!

87293497_10219889607624927_2215623381460451328_o.jpg

edit: Oh *****. Did take the picture twice because the ashtray was in the first one, making a bad impression. I now see I forgot to put aside yesterdays cutlery too before taking the picture. Forget about the good impression.
I have no clue how people manage this grown up living thing. I'm happy when I manage to prepare food, and do the laundry before running out of underwear.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Usual omelette, bacon, tomatoes.
Lunch: Vegimite sandwiches.
Dinner: Nothing much, the power went off in my office and downstairs area yesterday arvo. Doing appliance checking with the electrician to find the fault. It was a toss up between a microwave oven and my beer fridge, unfortunately my beer fridge lost so by the time I transfered what food was in it to the other freezers and fridge upstairs. "Not happy Jan" time so dod not feel like eating.

Put a claim in with the insurance mob for fusion this morning, so hopefully they will pay up promptly so I can get a new one.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Usual omelette, bacon, tomatoes.
Lunch: Vegimite sandwiches.
Dinner: Nothing much, the power went off in my office and downstairs area yesterday arvo. Doing appliance checking with the electrician to find the fault. It was a toss up between a microwave oven and my beer fridge, unfortunately my beer fridge lost so by the time I transfered what food was in it to the other freezers and fridge upstairs. "Not happy Jan" time so dod not feel like eating.

Put a claim in with the insurance mob for fusion this morning, so hopefully they will pay up promptly so I can get a new one.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.
Hope the insurance claim goes through without a hitch. Power outages are really annoying.

D

Deleted member 308541

Hope the insurance claim goes through without a hitch. Power outages are really annoying.
So do I, the fridge was tripping the circuit breakers out once we found the fault every thing back to normal.

The Fisher & Paykel fridge has not got a lot of age on it either it's nearly nine year old since we got it new.

No food was lost that's the main thing...

Winnie-the-Pooh

Today :

Breakfast : LC parfait at home with blueberries. Then went to work

Lunch : nothing ( tasted the food and the salad and then it went to rubbish bin) . I cannot cook but I know how a good food should taste like . The chef cannot cook either , it seems .

Dinner : will make prawns , with mushrooms and will have cucumber.

Dessert : To be confirmed .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. @PenguinMum the sauce is easy to make, although sometimes I lose my nerve and don’t let it brown enough.

@Annb I find that eating early can trigger me into eating more too.

Well, having started putting my work bag away into its weekend cupboard this evening, I had the disappointing realisation that today is Thursday not Friday :bigtears:, however dinner has restored my good mood.

Lunch was the usual bacon eggs and cheese.

Dinner was the most delicious batch of air fried lamb ribs I’ve made yet. To the usual marinade of olive oil, thyme, garlic and pink Himalayan salt I added a decent amount of fresh lime juice. Left in the fridge for about 20 hours. Totally delicious.

View attachment 38785

In my world, marinades always have something acidic in them. It's almost like the blue touch paper.

Those ribs look goooooooooooood. (No lamb for 6 weeks either. :( )

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In my world, marinades always have something acidic in them. It's almost like the blue touch paper
Think I’ll be following suit after these.
Those ribs look goooooooooooood. (No lamb for 6 weeks either. :( )
They were. Gave you a hug for the lack of lamb, but you do have all that sun!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Think I’ll be following suit after these.

They were. Gave you a hug for the lack of lamb, but you do have all that sun!

I'm sitting in it right now. Just the 33c today. I've had a ginagerous bag of Moo Krop (not Gob - more pork crunch than crackling) for lunch, so I must feeling quite contented forthw time being.

OH is playing golf, so a bit of brother bonding going one there, in a strictly competitive way.

Life could be a lot worse.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Egg mayo about 10 am
Sort of chicken olive (pork sausage wrapped in boneless chicken leg and then bacon) just now, before I go out into the wild and windy world out there. Actually, not too bad - it was pretty fierce during the night but only about 50 odd mph now. Driving across the moor should be OK. Just so long as I can hold on to the car door when I open it and not have it torn off its hinges, we'll be fine.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Egg mayo about 10 am
Sort of chicken olive (pork sausage wrapped in boneless chicken leg and then bacon) just now, before I go out into the wild and windy world out there. Actually, not too bad - it was pretty fierce during the night but only about 50 odd mph now. Driving across the moor should be OK. Just so long as I can hold on to the car door when I open it and not have it torn off its hinges, we'll be fine.
Ann your chichen olive sounds really tasty and has inspired me to do something creative with boneless chicken thighs. You take care out there, you are always doing things for others.

Reactions: maglil55

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday 21/02/2020
Walked around the neighborhood for two hours to earn the steak tonight, still had bad reaction to dairy, but battling through, my stomach may still be getting used to "normal" food after strict keto. Steak was amazing I usually get porterhouse steak, or as a treat eye fillet, scotch fillet was a tad more fatty then I would have liked, but it was super yummy. Battled through my OCD cooked it from scratch, ate red meat. Planning to pick up some kangaroo steaks during the week to see how they go.

Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 111g full fat greek yoghurt, 72g frozen blueberries. 2 white coffee 60ml whole milk in each

10.00AM snack: 2 espresso shots

Lunch: 1 white corn tortilla, 3 feta stuffed olives, 51g reduced fat cheese, mustard, 144g cherry tomato, 250g zucchini noodles.

Dinner: 190g fresh broccoli boiled, 60g baby spinach, 57g mushroom (on large one), 254 scotch fillet steak.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast one slice of bacon and one egg
Lunch chicken stock and veggie soup - used mini leeks, Pak Choi and celery in a rich chicken stock wonderful
Dinner salmon in lemon butter served with cauliflower, and asparagus and glass of dry white wine gavi followed by lc lemon mousse with yoghurt.
Hope everyone had a good day, water going down today but bridge still shut so ensuing traffic chaos and queues - will be good when we can get back to normal! Probably good it has been half term not sure school could have happened here in Bewdley this week...
Happy weekend all.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

OMAD today. Worked through to 2.30pm before heading for a late lunch of 3 fried eggs, 4 rashers bacon and some grated cheese.

Then headed off for a walk down through London Fields and on to the Regent’s Canal at Broadway Market. Collected @Diakat at Haggerston and meandered along to Camden for a Diet Coke at Pret before jumping on the tube and then the train home.

Too late to eat anything else as fasting for a blood draw in the morning.

Hope the water continues to drop and the bridge opens soon @shelley262

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No idea what to make of the food today really. 2 x 800 mls Black tea with lemon early then 2 x TWAM and sweetener just to be sociable with Jay builder. Took the wedding ring that won't be lost into Ely for resizing and had a starbucks CWC with cinnamon and sugar free caramel (1.9% carb according to label) - much prefer Starbucks to almost any other chain. Ely Sainsbury's had Hi lo bread so @ 3.30 ish had a cheese sandwich - I still like sandwiches- and 800 mls more TWAM+S- allegedly 4.9 after 2 hrs. Evening was reheated (not a fan) celeriac and swede cottage pie. Did eat some prawn crackers I stumbled upon - quite spiffing if I'm honest. Pie needed gravy or sauce or just avoiding. A row of chocologic Belgian chocolate. Enjoyed sawing and lopping in the garden - removal of stumps tomorrow and over spring and summer.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Had breakfast today as the gang was all still here: scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, avocado. Couple of black coffees.
No food at lunchtime - we were out and the chef’s wife had gone into labour this morning apparently so they were only doing sandwiches, I had coffee with a blob of clotted cream and it kept hunger at bay.
D: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/pork-chops-roasted-cauliflower-parmesan-herb-butter very nice. Butcher told me I’d missed Speedo Mick ( the chap who is walking John o Groats to Landsend in his speedos ) as he’d popped in for a pasty yesterday.
@Quinn1066 glad you enjoyed your steak, I’ll be interested to see how you enjoy the kangaroo.
@Annb hope your journey in the wild and windy went without hitch, your Chicken Olive sounds really tasty.