What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So many pages, so much life, good stuff, not so good stuff, amazing things, inspiring and talented postings, phew!

Thanks to all for your compliments and encouragement for my Granddaughters and my art, enjoy doing it and sharing it. @SaskiaKC and @OldButBold still considering the YouTube video, looking into the making it private and invite options, we shall see.
@SaskiaKC sojnds like a lot of nitty gritty to sort out but fingers crossed for a quick move.

@Ryhia Re bears there is a rumour that Mountain Bikers in Canada are often killed by lurking grizzly, glad we have non on Cannock Chase where I do my Muddy Cycle rides.

@jjraak I'm a dabbler in art, yes some natural feeling for it but a long long long way from a master. I would love to have a practical session with all interested forum members, I am absolutely certain, with a little guidance and some good humour we would end up with lots of very presentable pieces of art. Lots of Coffee and alcohol may also help. :joyful: thank you for your support. The forums encouragement and @gennepher s inspired idea of one a day is making me paint more as I would only have painted once a week before, so thanks everyone, love it.

@dunelm Grandchildren until Sunday!!!!!! You are a braver man than me, as much as I love em, I'm pleased they will be ALL going home with their respective parents after Friday evenings dinner, I hope. Oh, and just to make Fridays meal even more interesting our new Vegan family member and her three boys don't eat Vegetables:banghead:

Off to the Wolseley Wildlife Centre tomorrow so off to bed now.

Oh and importantly my BG started high, remained high, even hit 7.2 this evening and is still 6.1. Carbs less than 15 grams all day, WHY! Guess I'll never know.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's the new addition to the family. My £5 flip board. Love her so much already. Trained up hubby (he is far better than me at this presentation malarkey, he tells me when I've forgotten to move my slides on for one!).

And I had another job applicant today that slipped through the back door. She got short listed. I explained the terms of employment, no wages, payment in maltezers, drinks supplied (no added sugar), no dawdling or chitter chattering about rubbish. And Frozen songs can NOT be sung over and over....and over. And not to over do it on the toilet breaks. She seemed happy with them so I gave her the job with immediate effect. She did insist moomoo her cuddly cow started with her. What could I say. ABSOLUTELY NOT! he isnt real, he is just a hot water bottle warmer, and by the way Santa doesnt exist. Yes, of course I took them both on :)
20200220_110445_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20200220_110437_resized.jpg
    20200220_110437_resized.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 20200220_110405_resized.jpg
    20200220_110405_resized.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 20200220_175045_resized.jpg
    20200220_175045_resized.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 251

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here here (I love @jjraak's posts, they say it all so perfectly and I just paste my 2 words worth)

hahaha...
we all know you do waaay more then that,
but thank you for the compliment...(blush)

and if we were a pop band
You'd deffo be warrior spice......:D

Part T2d /Part spartacus

I'M Debandez :watching:

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm a dabbler in art, yes some natural feeling for it but a long long long way from a master. I would love to have a practical session with all interested forum members, I am absolutely certain, with a little guidance and some good humour we would end up with lots of very presentable pieces of art. Lots of Coffee and alcohol may also help. :joyful: thank you for your support. The forums encouragement and @gennepher s inspired idea of one a day is making me paint more as I would only have painted once a week before, so thanks everyone, love it.

I don't know if there is anything like this in the UK ... there are several places over here where groups can gather for drinks and painting ...

Sips n Strokes
Painting With a Twist
Sip & Swirl

I've never been brave enough to try it but with this group it would be fun! :)

Thank you for your good wishes about my move.

Enjoy the Wildlife Centre!

Reactions: Ryhia and Barb McD

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So many pages, so much life, good stuff, not so good stuff, amazing things, inspiring and talented postings, phew!

Thanks to all for your compliments and encouragement for my Granddaughters and my art, enjoy doing it and sharing it. @SaskiaKC and @OldButBold still considering the YouTube video, looking into the making it private and invite options, we shall see.

@jjraak I'm a dabbler in art, yes some natural feeling for it but a long long long way from a master. I would love to have a practical session with all interested forum members, I am absolutely certain, with a little guidance and some good humour we would end up with lots of very presentable pieces of art. Lots of Coffee and alcohol may also help. :joyful: thank you for your support. The forums encouragement and @gennepher s inspired idea of one a day is making me paint more as I would only have painted once a week before, so thanks everyone, love it.

I would be very interested @Muddy Cyclist in the practical session !!!

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Will a USB stick be sufficient?

I have a 128Gb USB stick that I use for secondary data backup. Currently, it has around 37,000 electronic novels on it which only total 5Gb. So I'd say 'yes', a modern USB is capable as a backup option.

This is the one I use
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-Flair-Flash-Drive/dp/B015CH1PJU/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3PELAY2TJWAPA&keywords=128gb+usb&qid=1582266347&s=digital-text&sprefix=128gb+usb,digital-text,179&sr=8-4

edit: forgot the important bit. FBG at 6.2 this morning :)

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of prams, dolls, painting, tea sets, some crazy stuff on CBBC catchup and can we have a story came in at 4.7 this am.

All is quiet at present as the twins, Chaos and Mayhem are still sleeping as are Little Miss Pamplemousse and their older cousin (15). So that’s 5 girls (if you include Mrs Miggins) all stacking Z’s and giving me time at least to down my first mug of tea and the first extra strong, under the counter, happy pill.

Yes, @Muddy Cyclist - we take on a bewildering number of miniature family crazy folk during holidays so that parents can get away for a bit of sanity - I have been searching for sanity for years, forgot where I put mine a long time ago - a bit like one of the lost boys wondering where his marbles went.

@debanddez - what a find, so hard now to recruit good staff and you have managed to snag a couple of fine ones to boss around, and with such wonderful terms and conditions - can they both read?

I have little idea as to what today will bring in terms of the lodgers but there has been talk about a) swimming and b) indoor play area on the seafront, both after lunch. I see a small window opening up for granddad to sneak off and have an afternoon nap; these lithium-Ion batteries need extra charging when being run ragged by tiny folk who have more questions than a quizmaster on speed.

Have as wonderful day as you can, if it can’t be wonderful then just have a day - tomorrow might be better - koffy calls.

EDIT: Drat. Chaos and Mahem have just wandered in demanding breakfast.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

I am still sad I cannot continue with the graphite and charcoal drawings...far too windy to try outside...

So I have given myself an expedition this morning...weather app says no rain for a few hours...do you believe that?

I need no rain to be able to drive around in my mobility scooter...last time there was a deluge the scooter ground to a halt and gave up the ghost. However I have a new scooter now, and I also bought an orange weatherproof poncho cloak....so if you see an orange canary flying around today that is possibly me...

Here is my painting for today...
Acrylics squished on the paper, and then the trees drawn on with my Japanese fude pen, and blended with water...
A4 sized. Probably two hours on it. I just got carried away blending the trees.

E1DB45C0-C188-49A4-9314-27A8CDAD9004.jpeg

Sorry got to love you and leave you so I can park the car where I need to so I can get the mobility scooter in and out of the car.
Wrap up well today!
It is devilishly windy out there, and biting cold...
I just want an expedition out before this supposed bad weather and snow lands next week...and a bit of food shopping...
Take care.
Hugs if you need them...
Be good...nah...

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its morning in Little America. The birdsong, blazing lights and roaring engines from the base still make me chuckle each morning. Enjoy the tales of grandchildren and loved having the 2 of ours who live 5 minutes walk away yesterday. Seemed to have a good effect on resting pulse rate and sleep score which is totally unsurprising. I do know my fbg and many would be satisfied. I managed to pull the door off of the integrated dishwasher yesterday making it impossible to open atm. Hopefully Jay builder can effect a temporary solution while refitted kitchen is being finalised, delivered and fitted - think this one won't have an integrated dishwasher since we aren't having handles as such. Titus 3 verses 3-6 was s great start to my day - if only there were an LC equivalent :arghh: May your readings be as ,low as you want and joy and energy soar like an eagle. I need to buy a pickaxe/mattock since someone either forgot to pack the several I had or they are buried deep in the garage.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Doggies walked, coffee drunk and relaxing in the conservatory before going off to Aldi for weekly shop. Then on to Holland and Barrett to pick up my subscribe and save items.

Archie is still improving and definitely looks a lot happier.

5.6 this morning which is good because I did have too much cream yesterday which usually sends me into the 6s.

Have lost my phone somewhere in the house - will have to ring it to find it. Hopefully it is not on silent.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning with a 5.9.

Ah, woke up to the inquisitive mind and chirpy voices with far too many questions of three hungry granddaughters.

Off to clatter about in the kitchen, I'm in charge of breakfast as Mrs MC snook off to the farm for turning out our four legged family member.

Dry here should be a fine Wildlife Day.

@gennepher great trees and light again. Will be looking out for that orange canary when at the Wildlife centre. :)

Go wild today, I shall be!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Friday already and 5.6 for me aftergiant fishfingers.
Lovely to read about you all having fun with your grandchildren and what a clever and inspiring bunch they are. Our future. Having had boys and being a girl no surprise the girls like crafty stuff and the boys little action men (@karen8967 ).
@gennepher thank you for the supple trees. I havent heard about snow next week but hope it doesnt come to much for all our sakes.
Have a great Friday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.