Type 2 Glocouse monitors

novoguy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
smoking
Good morning everyone. A question, my gp has made us all stop useing our own glocouse monitor's he wont supply strips for them.now he gave us all a new machine, which is not very good. The new machine reads to high I did a test with 3 machines useing the same drop of blood the other 2 machines were 7 the cheap machines he makes us use 9.2 did the same test 3 times always the 2 good machines were the same, the new one was higher by 2 and a half points higher .
My worry is new diabetes will go by what the readings say, if it showed say 6 it could be as low as 2 or 3 and they may end up in trouble.
My nurse sead its within guide rules, and did not care.
What does everyone thinks.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m not a type 1 but I’ve seen others in here either appeal individually to the gp with evidence or get their consultants to write to gps telling them to reinstate particular meters. Some have even gone above heads and contacted ccg’s. Hopefully someone with experience of this will come along and elaborate soon.

Reactions: novoguy

resander

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning @novoguy.
What is the make and model number of the blood glucose meter your GP is prescribing/allowing? Is this a directive to all GPs?

Reactions: novoguy