That's my attention span used up for three weeks :banghead:

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
The video lasts for about 50 minutes and is well worth a watch.
Just read the 16 pages. It needs to reach a much bigger audience to counter the propaganda we've suspected or even been aware of for some time now. My diet, which has remained fairly constant with the exception of the years I was put on restricted protein, is, like the majority, seriously affected by government dietary restrictions. Thanks for posting this.

Reactions: Winnie53

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm watching Dr. Ede's presentation, and this quote really sickened me - (I searched for what may be the complete quote)...

"The propagandist must insist on the purity of his own intentions and, at the same time, hurl accusations at his enemy," notes Jacques Ellul. "But the accusation is never made haphazardly or groundlessly. The propagandist will not accuse the enemy of just any misdeed; he will accuse him of the very intention that he himself has and of trying to commit the very crime that he himself is about to commit." (p. 58)

-- Jacques Ellul, author, Propaganda: The Formation of Men's Attitudes (1973)

I am disgusted by what Walter Willet of Harvard and others are attempting to do with their global partnership with 33 corporations and am so grateful to Dr. Edes for calling them out.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also liked the way Dr. Ede wrapped her presentation with another quote by Ellul...

"Propoganda ceases where simple dialog begins." - Jacques Ellul​

and the following guidance...

How To Challenge Propaganda

Learn to recognize the signs of propaganda.

Does rhetoric invoke fear or manipulate your emotions?

Consider motives and interests.

Stay open minded and curious.

Ask questions, play devil's advocate.

Examine all sides of argument.

Don't rely on one source.

Seek uncontested facts.

Don't deny your own experience.
I've been wondering what "EATLancet" is for sometime. Now I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grant_Vicat
M

Member496333

I am disgusted by what Walter Willet of Harvard and others are attempting to do with their global partnership with 33 corporations and am so grateful to Dr. Edes for calling them out.

Indeed. Sadly, stuff like this has such a narrow reach that virtually no one sees it. Folk in our circles do their bit to spread the message, but it doesn't get the necessary public penetration to make much of a difference. Social media helps, but I have started to realise recently that, actually, the majority really don't care and would rather not know. Most would prefer to stay in the Matrix. People just want an easy life. Proper ancestrally appropriate nutrition is an unnecessary inconvenience that Mo & Joe Average don't want to think about. And when it all goes belly up there's a pill they can take to mask the symptoms for a bit.

Sad but, in my opinion, true. The worst part is that humans never had to think about any of this. In fact one could argue that doing so is unnatural in itself. Real food and proper appetite is all that animals need in order to thrive, but our apathy has been taken advantage of and we've been hoodwinked by Big Bull**** into believing that brightly coloured boxes of human kibble are actually food. Anyone who doubts this need only look in an uninformed friend's cupboards and fridge. Barely any food in sight. Left to our own devices we'd still be eating steak and eggs, be none the wiser, and on the whole, be a sight healthier for it :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Flora123

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well said Jim. I share your frustration.

When I arrived at work this week, I was confronted with a large bottle of honey labeled "Help Yourself" or some such non-sense in our kitchen area. It's going to be a long slog, that's for sure. Thankfully, in our department, 5 of 18 eat low carb, which gives me hope. :)

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
What a demolition of the USDA advice to worsen food, the WHO red meat cancer fiction and the EAT-Lancet pseudo political garbage.
In order to fight this blatant scaremongering propaganda it's important for us to look at the reasons behind it.
Since EAT-Lancet themselves show that their science is flawed and they had to claim the opposite conclusion from the actual one of many of their already cherry-picked studies, it is obvious that they don't do it to improve health, they also defend their position against animal agriculture by saying the recommendations are not based upon 'saving the planet'. So as Georgia suggests, that only leaves $.
Why.png

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I summarized Ede's presentation for my husband this morning. He did a quick search on "eat lancet diet" and brought up the question of funding, so I did a google search on "who funded the EATLancet". The first search result was an blog post by Nina Teicholz of Nurtition Coalition.

It's a good read... https://www.nutritioncoalition.us/news/eatlancet-report-one-sided

Here's an excerpt from the above linked blog post regarding funding...

One Other Significant Funder of EAT-Lancet: The Wellcome Trust

Among the complex network of funders behind EAT, the Wellcome Trust is a principal one, for the report’s scientific component (as opposed to the worldwide PR). The trust, with $29.2 billion in assets, is funded by the Wellcome family and its pharmaceutical fortune. This family also has a three-generation history in the 7th Day Adventist Church, including a member—the father of the trust’s founder—who was a church elder. The 7th Day Adventist Church promotes vegetarianism as part of its religious beliefs and has pursued an aggressive mission to spread these beliefs and practices around the world. This raises the disturbing question of whether a religious agenda might be informing the EAT-Lancet report.

I also found the EAT website, which goes into more detail about funding...

https://eatforum.org/eat-lancet-commission/eat-lancet-funding/

A few months ago, this study was published...

Affordability of the EAT–Lancet reference diet: a global analysis

Summary
Background
The EAT–Lancet Commission drew on all available nutritional and environmental evidence to construct the first global benchmark diet capable of sustaining health and protecting the planet, but it did not assess dietary affordability. We used food price and household income data to estimate affordability of EAT–Lancet benchmark diets, as a first step to guiding interventions to improve diets around the world.
Methods
We obtained retail prices from 2011 for 744 foods in 159 countries, collected under the International Comparison Program. We used these data to identify the most affordable foods to meet EAT–Lancet targets. We compared total diet cost per day to each country's mean per capita household income, calculated the proportion of people for whom the most affordable EAT–Lancet diet exceeds total income, and also measured affordability relative to a least-cost diet that meets essential nutrient requirements.
Findings
The most affordable EAT–Lancet diets cost a global median of US$2·84 per day (IQR 2·41–3·16) in 2011, of which the largest share was the cost of fruits and vegetables (31·2%), followed by legumes and nuts (18·7%), meat, eggs, and fish (15·2%), and dairy (13·2%). This diet costs a small fraction of average incomes in high-income countries but is not affordable for the world's poor. We estimated that the cost of an EAT–Lancet diet exceeded household per capita income for at least 1·58 billion people. The EAT–Lancet diet is also more expensive than the minimum cost of nutrient adequacy, on average, by a mean factor of 1·60 (IQR 1·41–1·78).
Interpretation
Current diets differ greatly from EAT–Lancet targets. Improving diets is affordable in many countries but for many people would require some combination of higher income, nutritional assistance, and lower prices. Data and analysis for the cost of healthier foods are needed to inform both local interventions and systemic changes.
Funding
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Read full study here... https://www.thelancet.com/journals/langlo/article/PIIS2214-109X(19)30447-4/fulltext

And here's the EAT website...

https://eatforum.org/

This is a video from the diet's launch in early 2019...

Last edited:

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And here's EAT's "Planetary Health Plate"...

EAT%20-%20The%20Planetary%20Health%20Plate%20-%202019_zpsprse8xgl.png

Right side of plate: Whole grains, Starchy vegetables, Dairy foods, Animal sourced protein - (14 g/day; "a big juicy burger once a week, if you want it, or a big juicy steak once a month, if you want it"), plant sourced protein, Unsaturated plant oils, Added sugars.

Left side of plate: tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, [not sure], peppers?, garlic?, onions?, pears?, apples? mushroom

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This picture represents a day's allotment of food, weighed and measured...

EAT_zpsfkdiyydx.jpg

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Indeed. Sadly, stuff like this has such a narrow reach that virtually no one sees it. Folk in our circles do their bit to spread the message, but it doesn't get the necessary public penetration to make much of a difference. Social media helps, but I have started to realise recently that, actually, the majority really don't care and would rather not know. Most would prefer to stay in the Matrix. People just want an easy life. Proper ancestrally appropriate nutrition is an unnecessary inconvenience that Mo & Joe Average don't want to think about. And when it all goes belly up there's a pill they can take to mask the symptoms for a bit.

Sad but, in my opinion, true. The worst part is that humans never had to think about any of this. In fact one could argue that doing so is unnatural in itself. Real food and proper appetite is all that animals need in order to thrive, but our apathy has been taken advantage of and we've been hoodwinked by Big Bull**** into believing that brightly coloured boxes of human kibble are actually food. Anyone who doubts this need only look in an uninformed friend's cupboards and fridge. Barely any food in sight. Left to our own devices we'd still be eating steak and eggs, be none the wiser, and on the whole, be a sight healthier for it :mad:

Your're right Jim......but don't despair there are many who share the same view. They just need to be mobilised with one voice, clear messaging and a thought out marketing plan. I have promised for a while to share my thoughts. I will do this by pm's so as not to contravene any rules. If you consider what Shawn Baker has managed to achieve. He decided enough is enough and basically every day produces facts and anecdotes from persons his message has affected.

I am not prepared to have my medicine spiked, maligned, lied about and by front and back door means pulled. But time is running out, as my industry (technology) has already chipped in with practical operational solutions.It would be worth watching "Tomorrow's Food" on catchup BBC 2 15th Feb, and 22nd; I do not want army type ration food like food, modified tomato plants with potato's on the same plant growing underneath or pizzas that never go off with modified meat.

In order to wake up the majority (who are more powerful than even governments) the message needs to be clear concise and delivered by compeling sources, look at what Greta has achieved. You or I could not do this feat alone, but imagine if major influences such as Stormzy or KSI were on message....hypothetically "we" only need one of these type of big hitters to be outraged enough / persuaded to post a couple of messages and boom the spark of change is made. To explicitly state one of the actions I will either do alone or with others is to have a meeting with the National Farmers Union to enlighten them about the the product they have sway over that is the central pillar of nutrition to mostly place diabetes into remission, contrary to the nonsense spouted. I will be asking them to use "us" to prove the efficacy of there produce, and go on the rightful offensive to reclaim the high ground and tell the truths we know. Then Mum's net and the like, Universities.

Just a few things I hope to have help with. Persons like you Jim, perhaps do not realise the power you hold by reversing Type 2, for example your results are better than Dr Neal Barnards RCT results by around 30%, with regard to HbA1c and most likely other measures; you are a n of 1.....but there are loads more who share your views and frustration, so imagine, 5, 10, 15, 20 etc with similar results, a strategy and one voice using all available outlets to highlight, educate and a suggest a better way forward than proccessed pet food. In the last week I have influenced 17 persons and am using this catalyst to really hone messages.

Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
And here's EAT's "Planetary Health Plate"...

EAT%20-%20The%20Planetary%20Health%20Plate%20-%202019_zpsprse8xgl.png

Right side of plate: Whole grains, Starchy vegetables, Dairy foods, Animal sourced protein - (14 g/day; "a big juicy burger once a week, if you want it, or a big juicy steak once a month, if you want it"), plant sourced protein, Unsaturated plant oils, Added sugars.

Left side of plate: tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, [not sure], peppers?, garlic?, onions?, pears?, apples? mushroom
By Jove, I would starve, there is no way my footballing daughter could survive of off this side dish (the stuff on there I could eat).

I was taling to me father in law today, who is in his 80's and remembers rations and the like, the lack of obesity when he was a child and the foods eaten pre and post war. The EAT Lancet crowd need to be dragged before a committee to contradict what this generation know. Like me previous point this resource is so valuable in the fight against fake food. Is it possible for the might of fakery to beat 80 and 90 year old real people.

D

Deleted member 308541

I was taling to me father in law today, who is in his 80's and remembers rations and the like, the lack of obesity when he was a child and the foods eaten pre and post war.
I can remember the ration books as a kid, I remember when sugar came off ration in the 1950's and I was given a penny to buy lollies with.

All the time I went to school in the 50's, basically with the same people there were no fat male or female kids amongst us.

WW2 Rations 1940: per one person (adult)

Butter: 50g (2oz)
Bacon or ham: 100g (4oz)
Margarine: 100g (4oz)
Cooking fat/lard: 100g (4oz)
Sugar: 225g (8oz).
Meat: To the value of 1/2d and sometimes 1/10d – about 1lb (450g) to 12ozs (350g)
Milk: 3 pints (1800ml) occasionally dropping to 2 pints (1200ml).
Cheese: 2oz (50g) rising to 8oz (225g)
Eggs: 1 fresh egg a week.
Tea: 50g (2oz).
Jam: 450g (1lb) every two months.
Dried eggs: 1 packet (12 eggs) every four weeks.
Sweets & Chocolate: 350g (12oz) every four weeks

https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/2...rations-with-ration-book-cooking-day-one.html