Natural Supplements

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Diabetic Man,

Are you going to tell us what plant roots are used or not?

plm

I have just received an email from someone who said that he got my email address from the Diabetic Forum and he wanted me to buy some sort of machine that produces alkaline water!

I followed the link from Lynda Kays post and found a site promoting the drink "Original Limu". But if you want to buy the drink it asks you to become a distributor and charges ridiculous prices. This is nothing less than PYRAMID SELLING which is illegal in my country.

I sincerely hope this web site is not being infiltrated by con merchants!

ChocFish

Yes same here, annoying isnt it?!

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
The one I got was from rajarbor abour alkaline water.Strange.I will inform admin about it.

Knowledge is the key to control

Ebenezer

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dennis</i>
<br />Ebenezer,

Remember that if you want to experiment with replacement of prescribed drugs with alternative treatments, you should always let your GP know. GPs these days are a lot more receptive to alternative therapies than they were a few years ago. But even the Ayurvedic websites say that it takes 18-24 months of treatment to really see the full effects.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I don't know if it is coincidence, but I gave up taking Karela as my overnight bsl steadied at above 7, but since giving it up it hasn't gone down again.

Yes - I did inform the Dr.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dennis</i>
<br />I just had a look at the website. It is a copy of Diamaxol with exactly the same ingredients, but cheaper.

Is there anyone who has tried Diamaxol who could give Jeni some feedback?

hi Jeni i have been on diamaxol for 1 year i never took the prescribed medicine (metformin)and i have been able to stabalize my blood sugar levels. my doctor was very pleased when he saw the results.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Cheri,

I'm sorry but medical evidence is overwhelming that Diamaxol will <b>NOT</b> reduce blood sugars. I see that you are also doing aerobics and are on a mainly vegetable diet (therefore low carbohydrate). These are what is keeping your blood sugar levels down, not Diamaxol.

martinbuchan

A previous poster has described 700+ articles on Fucoidan in the pubmed database. If Fucoidan and diabetes are searched together in pubmed- only 5 articles are found. Not a strong basic science basis for its use in diabetes as yet.

Seaweed derived Fucoidan might even modulate against murine prion disease (a kind of spongiform encephalopathy like BSE, but in mice). What that has to do with diabetes is not obvious. It might be a super nutrient tho- it seems to be involved with most processes in the body. It also has potential as bone graft substitute (which is of interest to me in my part time job when I am not posting here).

Unfortunately, I don't have time to go thru all 700+ articles.

Marty B

Ebenezer

Re:

Ebenezer said:
I don't know if it is coincidence, but I gave up taking Karela as my overnight bsl steadied at above 7, but since giving it up it hasn't gone down again.

Yes - I did inform the Dr.

A week or so after the above post, I developed a leg muscle pain problem - I could get out of bed as bending my right leg was intensely painful. I reported this on the Neuropathy thread as IanD.

The pain disappeared suddenly Tuesday - April 8. I then check my overnight BSL readings for the last 3 months.

February - 6.7
March - 7.1
April - 6.7.

I think I can attribute the muscle pain to my experiment with Karela upsetting what was satisfactory BSL control.

Anyone want a free sample of about 30 Karela tabs??? :evil: :?:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The benefit of taking chromium has been studied and debated for several years. You need the mineral to make glucose tolerance factor, which helps insulin work better. Several studies suggest that chromium supplements may improve diabetes control, but we don't have enough to recommend it to treat diabetes yet.

Several types of plants are referred to as ginseng, but most studies have used American ginseng. They've shown some sugar-lowering effects in fasting and after-meal blood sugar levels, as well as in results. But we need larger and more long-term studies. Researchers also found that the amount of sugar-lowering compounds in ginseng plants varies widely.