Blood level wont come down

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys do you guys experience sometimes a few days where dispite giving right insulin you level wont hit your target last few days im not been able to hit target reguardless giving corretions aswell tryed rotating sites example started at 10mmol given injection and corretions but after injection has done its job im still at 10mmol. This has suddenly just happened past few days

Last edited:

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes, happens to me all the time. Usual response is that you might be coming down with a cold or other infection or if you are in a period of high stress. But for me it just seems to happen at random from time to time. Last few days I was high all the time and my usual injections / corrections were not working. Now today I am back to normal :arghh:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @static192 Have you changed your insulin ?

Yes illness, stress or infection, lack of sleep or hormones can do this to me, I have to really ramp up the corrections to get it down, it’s not easy I know, drink lots of fluids and keep a close eye, hopefully it will resolve itself soon.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I find my quick-acting insulin stops being effective after two weeks and I need to change my carb ratio or order new vials.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Well there's 2 sides to this, the testing and the injecting.

I mention the testing because a couple of years back I remember going through a very frustrating period very similar to what you seem to be experiencing.

But I came to the end of a pot of test strips and opened a new one and the problem went away. So I concluded that my previous test strips were somehow damaged and not giving the correct results.

Rule out all the variables..

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi thanks for the replys guys it maybe because iv been having a jaw pain recently but its not tooth related from when dentist checked my teeth. Dentist is saying i might have tmj which is some sort for jaw pain problemm. also i have had all my life bad sleep problems where im only getting few hours sleep somedays