Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and wishing you a Happy Saturday.
I am working my other job today, promoting Pringles, front of store and with the very gusty weather blowing through the doors it will be a tad cold, so going to wear my new thermal leggings ( underneath trousers) I got in a sale for £2, originally £8 :)

Reactions: karen8967

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and wishing you a Happy Saturday.
I am working my other job today, promoting Pringles, front of store and with the very gusty weather blowing through the doors it will be a tad cold, so going to wear my new thermal leggings ( underneath trousers) I got in a sale for £2, originally £8 :)
Luv Pringles :hungry::hungry::hungry: but don’t have them too often - too carby even for me:arghh::arghh::arghh:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, can you hear that wind? Manic here, raining and squally or should that be just squally?
Madam BG up, the stream at the bottom of the garden has gone down..... a bit.
I love the small Pringle tin but not that fussed on the contents, stay warm @Robinredbreast and everyone one

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, not much to report. Exams finished yesterday, essay to be submitted Wednesday but I’ve already done that. I have literally no uni work hanging over my head right now and it feels a bit strange. Placement starts this week now, right up until Easter (on the last one we had loads of revision to do, for the exam first week of this term), and I can’t wait to get back out on the road! Green trousers ready and waiting :D Absolutely knackered though, I didn’t think I’d been particularly stressed over the last month with all the assessments and exams, but now they’re over, I feel pretty drained. Bloods have been running quite high, which is always a sign I’m under the influence of adrenaline and cortisol... So many of our hormones raise blood glucose, but insulin is the only one that lowers it.

Going to have a quiet day here, get my uniform ready, decide what cakes to bake for my first day and play with my lovely new laptop, which arrived on Thursday :)

Windy here too, @SueJB - found my shed door flapping in the breeze when I came down for coffee just now.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I got my references at last and sunday is my last day, ya girl getting out of there. My pump is being funky, I’m getting early morning highs, not sure if it’s DP or something else because it did the same thing yesterday. My sensor isn’t reading well but I want it to survive today’s shift. I made my vegan keto coffee with Elmlea vegan double cream because I ran out of soy milk. Idk if I likey

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, windy but sunny here, bg steady, been walking, off to do more jet washing. Trouble is, dog wants to play too, so I either have to persuade her to go elsewhere in the garden or put her indoors - which ssems a shame when it's sunny.

@LooperCat I'm not surprised you're knackered, nor that you're looking forward to getting back to practical stuff. Keep us posted!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well sensor decided to die, rip. Keto coffee is strange, I didn’t like it and my stomach feels a bit weird. I feel a bit unwell too so I don’t know if I should let my manager know.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning chaps, not much to report. Exams finished yesterday, essay to be submitted Wednesday but I’ve already done that. I have literally no uni work hanging over my head right now and it feels a bit strange. Placement starts this week now, right up until Easter (on the last one we had loads of revision to do, for the exam first week of this term), and I can’t wait to get back out on the road! Green trousers ready and waiting :D Absolutely knackered though, I didn’t think I’d been particularly stressed over the last month with all the assessments and exams, but now they’re over, I feel pretty drained. Bloods have been running quite high, which is always a sign I’m under the influence of adrenaline and cortisol... So many of our hormones raise blood glucose, but insulin is the only one that lowers it.

Going to have a quiet day here, get my uniform ready, decide what cakes to bake for my first day and play with my lovely new laptop, which arrived on Thursday :)

Windy here too, @SueJB - found my shed door flapping in the breeze when I came down for coffee just now.
I've got a great French almond cake recipe............ keto or there's my choc torte or sugar free cheese cake

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not exactly J, it was a routine check before bedtime and I hadn't realised I was hypo.

It surprised me because we'd had pizza for supper and I'd expected to need a couple of units to top up and not to be necking carbs.

Oh, I see.. :banghead:

Normally I can sense something could be up through alcohol, (pending how moderate.) test & act accordingly..
Or these days, look at the sensor widget on my phone.

He's a little tinker, the Mr Walker.

Reactions: Antje77

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello people, I still Don't know what my headaches are, when my blood sugar runs high, my head begins to burn, when they run low, I get head rushes, with random anxiety attacks brought on by nothing, not even worry, just think of it like a cat that is one minute sleeping, next thing you know, they are hyper and are dashing all over the house.

Right now it feels like my brain is being squeezed and heres what the most confusing part is

I just done my bgl and am 5.8
My ketones are 0.0

Now heres the spooky part...4am 8.5

I was not up at 4

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hello people, I still Don't know what my headaches are, when my blood sugar runs high, my head begins to burn, when they run low, I get head rushes, with random anxiety attacks brought on by nothing, not even worry, just think of it like a cat that is one minute sleeping, next thing you know, they are hyper and are dashing all over the house.

Right now it feels like my brain is being squeezed and heres what the most confusing part is

I just done my bgl and am 5.8
My ketones are 0.0

Now heres the spooky part...4am 8.5

I was not up at 4
That's a perfect BG reading, could it be that the headaches are due to anxiety?

Reactions: becca59

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's a perfect BG reading, could it be that the headaches are due to anxiety?
Well thats the thing have been told I'm in the honeymoon phase. I only take insulin or Rapids if my sugars go up to 9 or 10, i find that drinking more water lowers my sugar levels too, im still on my Lantus but lowered that to 12 units at night so that's my bGl explained

As for anxiety, I get a different set of headaches for those, I get head Rushes, Dizzyness, confused, oh and on lows I begin babble when struggling to form a complete sentence

All Diabetes Related

But yeah, theres like 3 to 4 different type of headache i experience.

Low bgl headache (dizzy etc)

High Bgl headache (feels like im burning)

After Waking Headache (brain feels is being squeezed)

And mabe stress? (hallucinations, depression related)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Work was okay, if a bit cold, but mostly nice customers, especially the kids, apart from an obnoxious, greedy guy!!
Home, drinking tea, now going to do today's online event survey and then a nice hot shower, hmmmmmm:happy:
I might be sharing a takeaway tonight :happy:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, almost forgot site change tonight so I’m giving my chicken drum sticks a try. I’ll need to remind myself on Monday to go to my GP to ask for the largest sharps bin. I have the tiny 1L sharps bin and it gets filled up really quickly with pump bits. I tried the sugar free karma cola today and it tastes quite herbal. Bf wasn’t too keen on it but I think it’s okay. I’m never doing keto coffee again, I felt awful all afternoon. Unfortunately BG spikes from 7.6 to 16 from drinking coffee. I was shook af

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hello, almost forgot site change tonight so I’m giving my chicken drum sticks a try. I’ll need to remind myself on Monday to go to my GP to ask for the largest sharps bin. I have the tiny 1L sharps bin and it gets filled up really quickly with pump bits. I tried the sugar free karma cola today and it tastes quite herbal. Bf wasn’t too keen on it but I think it’s okay. I’m never doing keto coffee again, I felt awful all afternoon. Unfortunately BG spikes from 7.6 to 16 from drinking coffee. I was shook af
What pump bits are you putting in the sharps bins? You literally only need to put actual sharp things in there...